JV Team

Symmes Valley hosts Notre Dame 1/17

Post by photo_electric_guy »

Any thoughts on this one?

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Re: Symmes Valley hosts Notre Dame 1/17

Post by VIKING GRAD »

This was going to be a really tough evening for the Vikes. Now they have to play with one arm tied behind there backs.

Good luck boys, wish I could be there to cheer you on. If my schedule changes maybe I will make it.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Viking Grad, care to share what you mean by playing with one arm tied behind their back? Not sure what you mean.

I think Notre Dame comes out knowing this is an important game in the SOC and looks to capitalize on any mistakes the Vikings have. Just like I've said before, Notre Dame loves to press and create turnovers that allow easy buckets. Their transition game is one of the best. Hopefully they can get out to a better start then the Clay game.

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

From what I hear we will be missing one of our starters.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

VIKING GRAD wrote:From what I hear we will be missing one of our starters.
Someone get hurt?

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

nope... just one of the guards will not be playing tonight. nothing more to it!!

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

VERY LONG STORY
NO ONE hurt

bean counter
Waterboy

Post by bean counter »

It's always hard to win at Symmes Valley during whichever season it is. They do have a one armed bandit, but I don't he can ref the varsity games. Have to watch the quick technical fouls.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

What is the best regular season record Notre Dame has ever had because I think they have excellent shot at running the table - going 18-2.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Final score - ND 61, SV 51. Notre Dame was up at half by 10 points and increased their lead to 18 points in the second half. Notre Dame fell flat and didn't have the same hunger to score and let Symmes Valley back into the game. At one point in the game the two guards passed the ball back and forth not looking inside. Symmes got the game back to 6 points but Notre Dame made free throws and finished 10 points ahead.

In my opinion this game should have never got back to even 15 points. Transition points and points off turnovers helped ND climb to their lead, when they stopped their attack this let SV right back in.

ND needs to keep their foot on the gas and be ready for Fridays game against Eastern. If they play like they have been I see no reason why ND can't win.

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

In both games the post players work there butts off and the guards dont even look inside. The 3 pointer isnt going to be there every game. Its alot easier to to swing the the ball than to get it inside. I think there not taught how to do it. That goes for alot of teams.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

County hobo I totally agree we have those same issues at Western Latham.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Our vikings never gave up and worked very hard last night!! As far as the calling goes SV had more fouls than ND did. If the boys
would work on their foul shots that would have made a big difference in this game. That being said JS7 22 was right ND came out
after the half and put pressure on the ball and made several quick baskets and then they just let off. ... didnt make sense.
ND is a well disiplined team...good win for them !!
Good Luck to you the remainder of your season.

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

You have to put the ball high so they can jump and get it,not at there feet. It drives me nuts and to see 2 passes and chuck a 3 is even worse. No shot clock.so whats the hurry. That could of been a different game if sv good player was playing.

Return to “Boys Basketball”