The hardest place to win in the TVC

Poo Bear
SEOP

The hardest place to win in the TVC

Post by Poo Bear »

Just getting everyone's thoughts on where they think is the hardest place to come out of with a win...I would have to say V.C. for sure the last few years...We have defended our home court very well and handed out some straight beatings on opponents...Wellston isnt as quite intimidating in the new gym but when Wellston had the old theatre gym that was a hard place for any team to win...Belpre was always a tough place to win also...But right now I would have to give it to V.C., though I may be a little prejudice.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Re: The hardest place to win in the TVC

Post by Ted Striker »

I'd have to say Wellston.
I mean, Coach Derrow's having one hell of a time winning there. :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I will admit that was pretty funny...but I wouldn't count Wellston out...everything goes in circles and Coach Derrow will have another good team in time...He used to give V.C. some beatings back in the day.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Any fan from Vinton County should know that it's Federal Hocking.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

freethrow wrote:Any fan from Vinton County should know that it's Federal Hocking.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

NICE!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

That was nice. Actually in Hocking it would have to be Eastern and Alexander in the Ohio.

CAT@MOUSEBBBALL
Waterboy

Post by CAT@MOUSEBBBALL »

I would say nelsonville,not because of the team.The usual officiating team is opie,aunt bea,barney,otis,hootie,tough to get a win against mayberry h.s.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Well I was hoping to keep the officiating out of the equation but since it has been brought up, all the home courts have had their moments of shady calls...V.C. being no different.

fedhocker
Riding the Bench

Post by fedhocker »

I think anywhere in the TVC, both divisions, is hard to pickup a win on the road.

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

In 04-05 and 05-06, I saw Alexander go into Vinton County and gut out GREAT WINS after VC had pounded Alex in Albany early in both seasons...Basketball is a strange game.

Fed Hock is the hardest place to win...hands down...

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

If you go to Wellston, you have to be atleast 10 points better than them because of the officials. Being 10 points better than them isn't that hard now-a-days though. They probably averaged about 40 points a game last season. Federal is definitly a tough place to play. Can't forget about them loonies in section 8 @ Alexander either.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

We Federal Hocking fans always thought it was Vinton County...from the refs to the VC fans throwing pennies on the floor....

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

We weren't throwing the pennies on the floor, we thought from our experiences in Buchtel that in order to win, you needed to bribe the refs and we were just contributing to the refs.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Lancer_Fan wrote:We Federal Hocking fans always thought it was Vinton County...from the refs to the VC fans throwing pennies on the floor....

Lancer_Fan.....sorry, I can't give any input of your "ref" argument. In terms of the penny incident, if it indeed happened.....its wrong. I'm certain Coach Combs and the VC Administration wouldn't tolerate that stuff. We try to do things right at VC.

As far as the topic, I've always thought Alex was consistently a hard place to play. Regardless of their team, year in & out, they have a spirited crowd and its always a tough trip. In the Hocking.....Waterford and Fed Hock are usually a great treat too.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

vikefan....Did you mean to say Stewart instead of Buchtel, as Federal Hocking HS is in Stewart and Nelsonville-York HS is in Butchel. Actually, the dateline we always use for Nelsonville-York is Nelsonville, as instructed over 10 years ago when I first started working professionally.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

My mistake keyser...my apologies.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:vikefan....Did you mean to say Stewart instead of Buchtel, as Federal Hocking HS is in Stewart and Nelsonville-York HS is in Butchel. Actually, the dateline we always use for Nelsonville-York is Nelsonville, as instructed over 10 years ago when I first started working professionally.

That's because NYHS is located within the city limits of Nelsonville. If you cross the street, you are in Buchtel, but the school district property itself is within Nelsonville City Limits. As such, the school district property is served by Nelsonville City Police and Fire Departments and school employees pay Nelsonville City Income Tax. The property was annexed by Nelsonville in early 1997.

Return to “Boys Basketball”