Piketon Basketball

UKNate
Freshman Team

Piketon Basketball

Post by UKNate »

How will the Streaks look in 16-17? Will the strong senior class be an indication for improvement? Wanted to hear from the Piketon posters, because at the convo it dawned on me that the streaks were not there, and this is rare recently.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Piketon Basketball

Post by bbjunky81 »

UKNate wrote:How will the Streaks look in 16-17? Will the strong senior class be an indication for improvement? Wanted to hear from the Piketon posters, because at the convo it dawned on me that the streaks were not there, and this is rare recently.
Losing the Perdue kid hurt this year.. Any idea why he left?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
firemandane
Waterboy

Post by firemandane »

Rumors fly when a kid transfers. Rumors include coaching problems, recruiting, it's also rumored a couple others from Piketon are headed that direction.lol If that happens it will def have an impact on the future of Red Streak basketball. As I said...rumors.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ya, rumors are just rumors but it hurts when it actually happens. Waverly lost 6 kids to Eastern 2 years ago, they are Freshmen this year, and two left after football this year, not freshmen.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sorry, I know that has nothing to do with Piketon basketball ball, just referencing rumors.

firemandane
Waterboy

Post by firemandane »

Should probably start a new thread for this question, but since Piketon seems to be facing transfer issues, I'm gonna ask. If they are enforcing stricter guidelines on transferring, then how is it so easy to up and transfer without the kid not having to sit his/her required games? The old guidelines were as long as they transferred before their freshman year. I believe the sitting of games is what prevents many from playing the "transfer game".

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

I agree, they should of stuck with the older guidelines on transfer. Once you leave after your Freshman year than you must sit out that year. If your family moves, you have a physical street address, and you ACTUALLY live in that house than you should be able to play if you transfer after your freshman year. If the OHSAA lets kids transfer without penalty than why have the rule. What is the actually rule? I thought you could transfer back to your home school and not be penalized?

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

The basic transfer bylaw is quite simple. If a student transfers at any time after the fifth day of the student’s ninth grade year or after having established eligibility by playing in a contest (scrimmage, preview/jamboree, Foundation game or regular season/tournament contests) until the one year anniversary of the date or enrollment in the school to which the student transferred, the student shall be ineligible for all contests (including all scrimmages, preview/jamboree/Foundation game) until after the first 50% of the maximum allowable* regular season contests in those sports in which the student participated during the twelve months immediately preceding the transfer have been competed.

Below is the list of situations that make a student eligible for the whole season.

INTER-DISTRICT TRANSFERS
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 1 - Parents' Bona Fide Move into a New Public School District
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 2 - Change of Legal Custody
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 3 - School Closes/Discontinues Program After Grade 9 or Annexation/Consolidation
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 4 - Self-Supporting Student
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 5 - A student transferred to the State School for the Blind or State School for the Deaf shall be eligible upon enrollment.
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 6 - New Construction - Home Not Ready for Habitation
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 7 - Anti-Intimidation, Anti-Harassment, Anti-Bullying
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 8 - International Baccalaureate Program
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 9 - Public High School in the District of Residence of Parents
Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 10 - District Discontinues Entire Interscholastic Sports Program
INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFERS
· Bylaw 4-7-4 - Intra-District/System Transfer
· Bylaw 4-7-6 - Intra-District Transfer
· Bylaw 4-7-7 - Intra-System Transfer
· List of Sample Situations - Change in Educational Programs

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I apologize if I have opened a can of worms here, I assure you I did not mean to.

I hope all kids stay put. I do not agree with transferring for athletics only without considering several other factors (number one being academics and college/life preparation).

Nonetheless, what does Piketon bring back next year? How were their JV and 8th teams?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

smurray wrote:Ya, rumors are just rumors but it hurts when it actually happens. Waverly lost 6 kids to Eastern 2 years ago, they are Freshmen this year, and two left after football this year, not freshmen.
I thought that's where them kids came from was waverly.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”