Chillicothe 65 - Warren 56

Bronc21
All Conference

Chillicothe 65 - Warren 56

Post by Bronc21 »

bixler and elliott combine for almost 50 of the cavs points.........and french scored 40 of warrens 56

cavs 24-45 53%
9-15 ft's
6-13 3pt
12 to's

bixler 21 pts elliott 23 pts london 9 pts and a ton of rebounds

warren 23-43 53%
6-8 ft's
10-17 3 pt
15 to's

french 40 pts

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Re: Chillicothe 65 - Warren 56

Post by Schnellfritz »

bronc21 wrote:bixler and elliott combine for almost 50 of the cavs points.........and french scored 40 of warrens 56

cavs 24-45 53%
9-15 ft's
6-13 3pt
12 to's

warren 23-43 53%
6-8 ft's
10-17 3 pt
15 to's

french 40 pts
This totals up to CHS 63, Warren 62

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Schnellfritz wrote:
bronc21 wrote:bixler and elliott combine for almost 50 of the cavs points.........and french scored 40 of warrens 56

cavs 24-45 53%
9-15 ft's
6-13 3pt
12 to's

warren 23-43 53%
6-8 ft's
10-17 3 pt
15 to's

french 40 pts
This totals up to CHS 63, Warren 62

you are right.......just copied from the radio stats........either way, the final was 65 - 56

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

No excuses. Chili did their job. Warren came out very flat. French hit the first 5 points but Warren fell to a dismall Score of 19 -8. IN the second quarter Warren went to the Three Quarter press and out came the turnovers. Warren came back to a five point half time deficit. In the third we held a three point lead. In the fourth quarter Chili hit a few wide open threes to go ahead and stay ahead. I know my time line is weak. In a few Excoach will be home with all the numbers. French hit for 40. Pretty hot. Just couldnt quite get the ten we needed to win.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

No excuses, but how could Warren come out flat for a game of this magnitude? Bottom line is Chilly is Warren's Daddy!!

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Sounds like French had a great game. Can't wait to see the stats on this one. I have said it from day one, not to underestimate your opponent. Sad loss for the Warriors, as Chilli handed us our 1st loss last yr. Congrats to Chilli. Now can someone please tell me what the other 4 Warren players were doing while French was scoring 40 of 56 points? Not saying this is a bad way. Couldn't get to the game and am curious. I know Warren79 posted earlier in the week what a "beast" Josh Windland was. Sounds like we couldn't even get in the paint. While I was shaking my head trying to figure that out, I will say that Warren seems to have a mental block when it comes down to playing Chilli. Hopefully we can shake off this 1st loss and recoup. Sounds like Chilli did a great job at shutting us down inside. Thank goodness we had Evan making those points. Without him 16 points from the rest of the Warriors is somewhat disappointing.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

So I was wrong about my prediction about Chilli losing by 4 without Johnson.

My thoughts: It seems pretty obvious that Warren let the hype get to them. I have said it all year, big up to Chilli schedule. We play such a tough N.C. schedule that when you play a good Warren team like tonight, its not out of reach beating them by 9 WITHOUT your leading scorer. Warren just needs to have a yoga session before they play us next lol. Release the stress fellas and go out and play!

40 points!!!?? wow! Kid must have been on fire. I know that when i was in school Billy The Swirve Schmeider scored 42 for Chilli at home, a record that still stands. Wonder if 40 is the record for an opponent at The Hat?

Go CAVS

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

I will guess that the majority of Evans points came from 3 pt land. When he is on, he is on fire! I still don't understand how the Warriors come out "flat" in a huge game like this. Still thinking that mental block is doing us in. Not taking anything away from the Cavs. I have always said they are a very good team. Warriors should've been pumped and on fire to come out and redeem themselves from last yr. WOW!!!!!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Warren and Chillicothe JVs were tied for first place in reserve standings at 3-0. What was the final in the JV game? Thanks.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Official Team Stats from reliable source:

Cavs: 24-45 from field for 53%. 8-11 from 3 land for 72%. 9-15 from F/T line 60%

Warren: 21-46 from field for 45%. 9-20 from 3land for 45%. 5-8 from F/T line 62%.

Cavs shot 9 free throws in last minute of game as Warriors fouled to prolong game. Hot shooting all over the gym tonight and as all ready stated,French for the Warriors was unconscious. However, Elliott and Bixler combine for 44 to offset French.

Chilly slightly controls the boards 25-21 with London leading the way with 10. The most telling stat is chilly slightly winning the turnover battle as Warren gave it up 15 times to the Cavs 13 miscues. Cavs cut way down on prior game performances. With 17 assists on 24 made baskets, Chilly really passed the ball well at times tonight.

Another telling stat is Cavs win points in the paint battle, 28-16. That definitely helps the ole shooting percentages. More shortly from this Cavs fan.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

[quote="slimgarrett"]Sounds like French had a great game. Now can someone please tell me what the other 4 Warren players were doing while French was scoring 40 of 56 points? Thank goodness we had Evan making those points. Without him 16 points from the rest of the Warriors is somewhat disappointing.

Feeding him the ball. thats what they were doing. If you know basketball, you feed the hot guy! and he was hot!! you can only shoot the ball so many times in a game as a team and he shot most of them. nothing wrong with that. you should of been there! Even put on a shooting clinic along with Elliott and Bixler. Them three shot lights out. and Chilli played one fine game tonite. Warren was up three late in the game but could not hold on. Good win for chilli and Warren has to regroup and that bunch will do so. Looks like a three team race at this point. Go Big Blue !!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^

Warren did a great job of looking for French. He clearly was hot and not until late did Chilly force him to take a few questionable shots. Everthing else was in flow and Warren made Chilly pay if French got a clean look.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Reserve score?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Leading scorer for our JV forgot score. Cavs did win. Gazette or WBEX has posted it yet.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

For you Warren fans that did not see the game; The Warriors did not come out FLAT. Chilli just came out smok'en HOT!!! I had them shooting 83% one quarter. They took in to the Warriors. I don't know the last time I saw the Warren defense give up the baseline like they did tonight. And the paint hitchbone is right, they were scoring at will in the paint and it was not London. Winland did a great job on London.
French; what can you say, he had it going tonight. The 40 points puts him 2nd on the list as far as I know. 42 points in a game is the record, you all can correct me if I am wrong. Great job French I was pulling for you to break it.
For the rest of the Warriors; They did not play bad, for they all had a hand in the comeback to make it close at the half. Had the lead for a big part of the 2nd half.Just a few mistakes at the end of the game and Chilli made them pay for it.
Sorry I left all my stats with coach Maddox, but hitchbone64 stats look close to what I had.
Hitch I was looking for you after the game. Like talking to you. See you next trip.
A hard fought game and we came out on the wrong end. Chilli won the game, the Warriors will regroup get their PRIDE back and be hard to beat the rest of the season. Its not over yet!!!!
Jottings Chilli won the JV game also. Like I said I left all my stats and scores with coach. I will get you the score.
Good night it is LATE!!!
Together the Warriors will Win!!!!!!

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

JV: Cavs 44, Warren 42

Varisty game: Read/See/Hear more here: http://www.wbex.com/cc-common/news/sect ... le=9582247

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

You are so right. There is no excuse for not having the intensity in the very begining. It was there it was just a little too late. If you can prove to me that the two boys for Chili that shot lights out can do the same thing in 8 of the next 10 games I will believe that Chili is the better overall team. The reason for the hype is that we are two very evenly matched teams. Both teams have great coaching year after year. Both teams have players that can step up and play. So as far as Im concerned We talked about seeing a good game. That we did. Warren and Chili both have good teams. Good enough to be in the top half of the SEOAL year in and year out. It takes something some where to be able to do that. Chili gets the win.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

just remember, chilli also didnt have their leading scorer tonight (20+ pts a game) .....whether they duplicate it or not the next 8-10 games, i doubt that kid will come close to duplicating his 40 pts....

cavs play a very tough dublin coffman team tomorrow night....leaders in the occ with a record of 9-1
Last edited by Bronc21 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Excoach, glad you made it back safely. You summed the game up right. A hard fought game that could have went either way. Just looking at the scoring summary. Cavs handily win qtrs 1 and 4, while Warriors handily thake qtrs 2 and 3. Talk about a game of runs. In both cases, the kids had unforced turnovers that lead to easy looks for the opposition. The scoring summary by quarter looks like this:

1st Cavs 22-8
2nd. Warriors 19-10 Half time. Cavs 32-27
3rd. Warriors 19-14. 3rd qtr end. 46 even
4th. Cavs. 19-10. Final Cavs 65-56

Great to see you tonight. Got tied up after the game getting ready for tomorrow. Than Ms. Hitch bone and I headed to Red Lobster. I'm now officially broke.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

I say flat. We wernt the first team to score. We usually are. We usually jump on our opponets in the first second third and fourth quarters. We stepped up and went on a run in the second quarter. Yes they shot lights out. I say flat because it wasnt the intensity level we normally carry.

Return to “Boys Basketball”