Hard Fouls, or Thuggery?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Hard Fouls, or Thuggery?

Post by Steely Dan »

Really surprised this one hasn't made it to the board yet. Watch the video attached to this article and share your thoughts....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog ... ol-wp10756

g w mclintock
All State

Re: Hard Fouls, or Thuggery?

Post by g w mclintock »

Thuggery.

I would think the coach could lose his job over this. Why leave those kids in the game if you can't control them?

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Showed Jethro and Rufus, and neither of them saw any fouls at all. They said "play on" and quit your whining!

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Hard fouls or Thuggery? I say a little of both. While some may have been a bit excessive, it looks as though he did seem to try and make plays on the ball. However, there are also a few that are just straight up "thuggish" so to speak, particularly number's 3 and 5.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It looks like the big boys just couldn't take getting out played by the slim boys.
The one boy did offer to help the kid up after his teammate knocked him to the floor.
It must have been the one boys first game after football season. lol

SE_baseball
Waterboy

Post by SE_baseball »

1,2 and 6 were just good hard fouls!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

It looked like two big cowards to me shoving players in the back and not making an attempt for the ball. I see why theses players act like punks when the coach takes up for them. They ought to make the coach drive the ball to the basket and let the other teams biggest fan come out and lay him out.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Looked like an every night game in the SOC 1 to me.

SE_baseball
Waterboy

Post by SE_baseball »

Looked like old school basketball don't come in the paint!

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Tommy Hardy knows the difference in some fouls,he just wont blow his whistle.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

1-flagrant
2-actually the kid with ball stepped out of bounds before any contact
3-blow to the head-flagrant-ejection
4-intentional
5-flagrant-ejection and should be some suspensions involved implemented by coach or boe
6-basic pushing foul

refs should be disciplined by the states governing board.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

I think 4 and 5 were flagrant and the others just a case of the kids commiting the hard fouls are just clumsy kids who can't play the game of basketball with finess. They may be good football players but as you can see in the video absolutely no basketball skills. The coach probably only plays them to scare the other kids...lol. Maybe the coach should be disciplined as well as the refs, obviously if the coach does not approve of the hard fouls he would have taken the kids out and he did not do so.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Basic, run of the mill, hilljack basketball. A couple of those fouls were definitely worthy of being called flagrant. All were a ridiculous display of non-athleticism, poor sportsmanship, and general lack of any meaningful talent. Which is what drives that kind of activity in the first place. I assume the maroon team won by about 30.

After the second time one of these goons took one of my players to the floor, I would have had my strongest player drive the lane on a direct line to and through on of the big boys. A good knee to the groin tends to open the lane a little. You want hard nosed? Let's go, big fella.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I stopped watching after I had to watch 20 slow motion replays...

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

#34 is the poster child for a no talent, no skill bully. Why he's even allowed on a team is beyond me.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

lightle04 wrote:Looked like an every night game in the SOC 1 to me.
Very funny :lol:

Every game I have seen in our area this season resembled that pigskin game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

In the one foul, when the kid was lying on the floor after being hammered and was holding the ball and that was me, that big punk is eating that basketball. No sense for none of those fouls as it was evident that both of those boys committing the fouls only intent was to try and hurt someone. After every foul, the big punk would just stare down the player that he just fouled and laugh about what he had done. Pathetic!!!!!!

I bet the next video you see of that team doing the fouling will be of there team and the other team in a free for all, because I sure as hades wouldn't stand back and let it happen to my team. Those refs would have gotten an earful and if they didn't take care of the matter then you have to tell your players to protect themselves.

The thing that gets me is evidently this isn't the first time that this has happend because why would the person be filming in the first place. I know his topic says to show the bad officiating in there league, but judging how blatant that one team was fouling, I'm sure this is not there first incident.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Thuggery. Those players have no business with a uniform on.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: I bet the next video you see of that team doing the fouling will be of there team and the other team in a free for all, because I sure as hades wouldn't stand back and let it happen to my team. Those refs would have gotten an earful and if they didn't take care of the matter then you have to tell your players to protect themselves..
I was surprised at how civil the crowd and the opposing team stayed through all that. I would guarantee there would have been a fight at one of the SHL schools had that happened.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Agree with qualified101. The two bullies , especially # 34, should be kicked off the team plus the coach and refs should be disaplined for allowing it to happen. You may have one flagrant in a game but not four or five. I was pulled out of a game by my coach for throwing an elbow after I had caught one. The retaliation always gets caught.

Return to “Boys Basketball”