Riding the Bench

Re: River Pilots @ Fort Frye (2-0)

Post by mdp21 »

I actually posted the score wrong....It was River 72 MC 61...Sorry

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This will be a tough game for River because FF doesn't lose league home games often.

mdp21
Riding the Bench

Post by mdp21 »

I'm thinking it won't be a cakewalk for FF like everyone seems to think either... Nobody wants to give the River boys any credit, but they'll earn it the hardway, by doin work. Based on almost everyone on here, FF should win this one going away, no contest !...I would venture to guess, they may be in for a game, from the terrible, not talented enough, cellar dwellers, from Hannibal...

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye isn't invincible, but they're going to be very good this year. They might be even better than that, but time will tell.

mdp21
Riding the Bench

Post by mdp21 »

I myself, am not one for smack talk, or talking about things i'm not real sure about, and like they say opinions are like rear ends...everyone has one. I just don't know what makes someone's opinion worth more than someone elses...I can see that most know a little something about the teams and their players...But there are a few that make ASSumptions, that don't seem to know straight up ! And while being entitled to our opinions is a right we have, some are VERY amusing and ridiculous ! Some have made predictions and or statements that should be hard to chew and swallow : )...Hopefully they will get harder to get down as the year goes on...Go Pilots !
God Bless !

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Haven't seen River yet, so not quite sure how good they are, but I don't think they'll be taking down FF, let alone on the Cadets home court.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The reason people have high hopes for Fort Frye is because 2 of the leagues best scorers in Eddy and Smith.Smith is not just a great scorer but the leagues best passer.Price is one the leagues top up and comers.If FF can get players like Snoop Dusky and Jordan Anderson to score off the bench they will only get better.

soon 2b champs
Waterboy

Post by soon 2b champs »

hey eastern. i thought u said river would be at the bottom of the league. lmfao. the only games that will test the pilots will be magnolia, ff, and trail. U needed to listen to me b4 the season when i said river will b a top team. Ive played alot against these guys. I know them. I see them everyday. Soon 2b champs knows RIVER BBALL. and the mvp this year is gonna be between Shon Smith and Brett Price. and for this game. Im gonna say River by 7. and Brett Price goes off yet again with 24 points. and just remember, the past 3 years when river has visited the fort, someone has went HAM, from behind the 3 line.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

soon 2b champs wrote:hey eastern. i thought u said river would be at the bottom of the league. lmfao. the only games that will test the pilots will be magnolia, ff, and trail. U needed to listen to me b4 the season when i said river will b a top team. Ive played alot against these guys. I know them. I see them everyday. Soon 2b champs knows RIVER BBALL. and the mvp this year is gonna be between Shon Smith and Brett Price. and for this game. Im gonna say River by 7. and Brett Price goes off yet again with 24 points. and just remember, the past 3 years when river has visited the fort, someone has went HAM, from behind the 3 line.
So playing two games can determine who is at the top and who is at the bottom of the conference? Right. Let's let things develop a little more before we claim who the top teams are.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

River has 1 win ever at Fort.I'm not buying River yet they win 10 games max.Zach Eddy comes into the game scoring 15.5 ppg and Smith 21 ppg.My sleeper for this game is Schwendeman.River 39 FF 55

mdp21
Riding the Bench

Post by mdp21 »

I never stated River would beat FF at FF or at River...Just stated it may not be a warm-up game
for the Fort as everyone is saying...that's all ! After all, the #1 team shouldn't even sweat, playing the worst team in the PVC...
Not putting down any team, or anyone... I just reply to the BOLD statements and predictions some have made, when obviously they are not based on facts or experience or even knowledge... It's ALL in FUN !!
God Bless

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier is the leagues worst team and River was crushing them at half 21-26.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Btw Who said this wil be a warm up game?

soon 2b champs
Waterboy

Post by soon 2b champs »

well since Fort Frye is unbeatable and river has no talent and are the bottom feeders of the league. it should be a warm up game right.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is beatable they have there flaws.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Unless River is built like Warren and I'm not aware of it I see a W for FF by 10-15.

mdp21
Riding the Bench

Post by mdp21 »

Lol, 2 games does not determine who is at the top or bottom of the conference...But we've had some determining that bfore any games were ever played...And STILL ARE !! I think that may be the point... Take EasternDspy for example...No offense, he's probably already stuck his foot in his mouth a couple times when referring to the Pilots...I think he said 5 wins in an earlier post, now it's 10 max, and he's never seen them play this year...they will finish last in the PVC was another one. I've seen, they (RIVER) aren't talented enough...MC wins by 15, among others... So when you put your foot up close to your mouth and you end up being wrong, someone will always offer to help get that foot directly inserted into your pie hole, that's the fun of it... So probably if nobody wants called out, they should reserve opinions, until they've seen enough to make their determinations... So... No, 2 games doesn't determine A thing, but it does and should make some feel a little less credible...

Return to “Boys Basketball”