Warren @ Chillicothe 1/6

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Warren @ Chillicothe 1/6

Post by classof79_whs »

Should be an interesting game to say the least, especially after seeing how our boys in blue faired against Portsmouth. Its going to be great seeing two tough matchups between Hastie and Johnson (I'm assuming?) and London and Winland. This should be a hard fought game but when the dust settles, Warren will be having a happy bus ride home.

Thoughts?

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Re: Warren @ Chillicothe 1/6

Post by classof79_whs »

It's getting closer. Anybody?

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

Zach Johnson will outscore Warren

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Post by classof79_whs »

I may have to disagree with you on that one, Dennis. I think Warren is the better team. At least good enough to not be outscored by one player. I think a good dose of Henthorn and Hastie out front, French everywhere, and then Winland and Knost down low, will leave the Cavs with a loss.

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Going with the Warriors on this one. Warren will be out to redeem themselves for those last second buzzer beaters from last yr.

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Post by classof79_whs »

Very true Garrett, I, myself, had almost forgotten about those heartbreaking losses last year, especially the one at home. I just feel Chili is much weaker without Ragland this year, and the Warriors are much stronger, even without Austin and Grant.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Yeah I'll take London and Johnson to overpower the Warriors.

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Post by classof79_whs »

I don't know about 'overpowering'. Josh Windland is probably the strongest basketball player in Ohio, he will have his way with Malik on both sides of the ball. As for Johnson, if I were Blane, I would throw Austin Henthorn on him and call it a day. He is just such a defensive presence and such a great leader. Questions for Chili, who will stop Evan French? He is right up there with Wayne Evans, Dion Mckinley, and Malik London as the best of the best in Southeast Ohio. You can't put Malik on him, Windland will score 40 points in the post if you do. You can't put Johnson on him, he will shoot over him all day. There is really no solution. Chillicothe will just have to face the facts that there is no way to stop Evan French.

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

classof79_whs wrote:I don't know about 'overpowering'. Josh Windland is probably the strongest basketball player in Ohio, he will have his way with Malik on both sides of the ball. As for Johnson, if I were Blane, I would throw Austin Henthorn on him and call it a day. He is just such a defensive presence and such a great leader. Questions for Chili, who will stop Evan French? He is right up there with Wayne Evans, Dion Mckinley, and Malik London as the best of the best in Southeast Ohio. You can't put Malik on him, Windland will score 40 points in the post if you do. You can't put Johnson on him, he will shoot over him all day. There is really no solution. Chillicothe will just have to face the facts that there is no way to stop Evan French.
:122245 I like your matchups, this should be a dandy!

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

I like the way the Warriors have been playing so far. Good inside game along with the outside shooting. But they must be able to get past London. Winland and Knost have to have a big game at both end of the floor. Both have struggled in the past with London in the paint IMO. They need to body up against London, keep him off the boards and draw fouls.
Johnson a very good player but will not out score Warren. Give me a break!!
I will ride the Warriors bench until somebody stops them. They can can give a team fits with the defensive pressure and fresh bodies.
This will be another great matchup between two top teams.
Will this be the year Warren gets by Chilli?

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Post by classof79_whs »

The answer to your question, Excoach is...yes.

Also, your name is Excoach78, so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you graduated in 1978, did you go to Warren??

Hope2BCoach
Waterboy

Post by Hope2BCoach »

Sounds highly unlikely that the warriors will pull this one out. There are 4 reasons why. No one from WHS can guard London... No one from WHS can guard Johnson... Its at Chilli... Evan French and Josh Windland are TRASH! No one needs to guard them they probably wont even score Windland has traveled idk how many times this year and French will shoot WHS out of the game. I like Chilli by 15+!!!

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

I would like to see a Henthorn/London matchup. Yeah, Yeah I know big height difference, but no doubt would Henthorn be able to "handle" London. He just needs to remember this is a court not a field. lol

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Hope2BCoach wrote:Sounds highly unlikely that the warriors will pull this one out. There are 4 reasons why. No one from WHS can guard London... No one from WHS can guard Johnson... Its at Chilli... Evan French and Josh Windland are TRASH! No one needs to guard them they probably wont even score Windland has traveled idk how many times this year and French will shoot WHS out of the game. I like Chilli by 15+!!!
WOW :shock: Really...don't like to bash people much do ya Hope? This is not the same Warrior team as last yr. They play as a team and can rotate in many from the bench and keep on going. This team will play a full 32 mins and not give up. They definitely are going to have to come out strong and stay strong to beat Chilli, but this team is looking for lots of redemption for last yr. I don't think French is going to give London an opportunity to stuff him like last yr. I still will take the Warriors in this one.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

I see Chillicothe winning this one. Reason: Chillicothe just lost to two teams that Warren will not face all year. People bash kellough for his schedule at times but this is the reason why. He plays all over the place so he can be ready come tourney time. Warren is good but Eastmore and Akron would clobber them. I will take Chilli by 4 in this one. Malik too much on the glass

kbnd1fan
Waterboy

Post by kbnd1fan »

classof79_whs wrote:I don't know about 'overpowering'. Josh Windland is probably the strongest basketball player in Ohio, he will have his way with Malik on both sides of the ball. As for Johnson, if I were Blane, I would throw Austin Henthorn on him and call it a day. He is just such a defensive presence and such a great leader. Questions for Chili, who will stop Evan French? He is right up there with Wayne Evans, Dion Mckinley, and Malik London as the best of the best in Southeast Ohio. You can't put Malik on him, Windland will score 40 points in the post if you do. You can't put Johnson on him, he will shoot over him all day. There is really no solution. Chillicothe will just have to face the facts that there is no way to stop Evan French.
London is one of the best defensive players in the state of Ohio. He plays like he is 7'2'' I highly doubt anyone in this league scoring 15 points on him let alone 40.

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

classof79- All chilli fans know that this is gonna be a great matchup, those other guys posting aren't from Chillicothe and are just trying to stir the pot. I haven't heard of Evan French until this post and don't remember his name from last years games. What's his size and what's he averaging? Coach K has a little time to work on the turnovers and prepare for this dandy of a matchup. Should be a good game. Go Cavs!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

I like Chilly at home in this one..

el savior
Freshman Team

Post by el savior »

I hope this is a joke? If not, what kind of offers is Winland getting? For being one of the strongest basketball players in the state and hypothetically putting up 40 on London, he's got to be getting some good looks.

Chillicothe by 8.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Lifes not always about what you want to do in the future, sometimes its about what you did with today. As a Warrior parent I am quite proud of all my boys.....young men. Right now we have to focus on our task at hand. GO BLUE !!

Return to “Boys Basketball”