3 Waterford
4 Eastern
6 Southern
7 Miller

DGK
Waterboy

Re: TVC Hocking

Post by DGK »

you think Eastern will be better than southern without lynch?But then again i hear that he might make it back before basketball is over. but idk and whats waterford gonna look like this year?

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

Post by The Trimble Guy »

its questionable about lynch thats what i hear....and waterford lost alot last year besides the big boy

DGK
Waterboy

Post by DGK »

the big boy is not very good

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

I agree but its hard to match up with a 6'10" kid in the TVC

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

I think you guys are gonna have a wake up call when you see the Wildcats. Cunningham is one of the most dominant players in Southeastern Ohio. They have more talent than last year, they are just really young. I look for Waterford to come out on top in the TVC hocking.

green&white
Waterboy

Post by green&white »

I agree olay135
Cunningham is unstoppable down low and i dont know of anyone in the TVC that can stop Strahlers speed.
The Wildcats are gonna win the Hocking hands down with no competition

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I wouldnt say with no competition, true nobody will have the height to contend with Cunningham, but Eastern, Southern, Trimble, and Federal Hocking are all in the mix this year and with high school basketball you never know whats going to happen. Waterford should definatly be the favorite but not hands down my friend.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Eastern has alot of talent this year. More than the last few years. People might be surprised. Wouldnt focus on the one player, there are several others that can and will step up to the plate. Lots of energy and could do great if that talent is used accordingly. jmo.

CAT@MOUSEBBBALL
Waterboy

Post by CAT@MOUSEBBBALL »

GREEN&WHITE, Waterford will compete,it will be a open race for the title except Miller.Waterford biggest obstacle will be team chemistry around the big boy...

Ricky Gemstone
Waterboy

Post by Ricky Gemstone »

I cant see anyone in the Hocking stopping Waterford this year.

distance40
Freshman Team

Post by distance40 »

Well I'd say the tvc hocking will be down to Waterford or Fed. Hock.

I don't see any reason all of sudden Trimble's so good, I know they got the tall kid but he can't just change an ok or decent team and i have heard he's really not that good besides a decent shot and his height.

Cunningham at Waterford is almost unstoppable inside and in the few times i saw him last year he was getting a decent outside shot. Stahler will probably be one of the best players in the tvc when its all over and done with because he does have amazing speed, a good shot and nice ball handling
olay135 wrote:They have more talent than last year, they are just really young.

I disagree with you about that because last year almost the whole starting line up was seniors, Lang was a great ball handler and could shoot with the best of them, Hogue had a good shot and was always a help defensively. Tornes was a good shot also but really wasn't much of a defensive help. Hendershot was a great help on the glass and did i'd say more than Cunningham defensively.

DGK
Waterboy

Post by DGK »

Waterford better watch out southern will be tough this year... who does Fed have?

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

DGK wrote:Waterford better watch out southern will be tough this year... who does Fed have?

How will Southern compete with the talent Waterford has. Eastern and Fed are the only other good teams in the TVC other than Waterford. Fed returns a good junior class but they won't be able to guard Cunningam or Strahler. The only team that matches up well against Waterford is Eastern because of their speed.

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

Trimble doesnt match up with waterford this year.....haha

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

What's so funny Trimble guy? Ohh I know maybe your basketball team has been funny the last few years. I don't see how Trimble just magically turns good this year. Rumor has it that this huge 7ft kid is only like 6ft 5. No one and I mean no one in the TVC can mach up with Cunningham. The only team that can keep up with Waterford 's speed is Eastern.

SportsPhan
Waterboy

Post by SportsPhan »

Tomcats should have just as much team speed as anyone...
Last edited by SportsPhan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

distance40
Freshman Team

Post by distance40 »

Trimble shouldn't really be saying a whole lot because i know there's one thing that Waterford knows how to do is finish a game out and also they have alot of experience with winning something Trimble lacks.

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

I would say the Hocking Division goes down like this...

1) Waterford
2) Eastern
3) Southern
4) Trimble
5) Fed Hock
6) Miller

But, I'd say 3-5 can go anyway

Return to “Boys Basketball”