cambridge @ marietta 12-20

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

cambridge @ marietta 12-20

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Marietta coming off a big win at Dover. Thoughts?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: cambridge @ marietta 12-20

Post by pfloyd »

ohiobaseball25 ... do you have any records for the teams - Dover, Cambridge, etc. in the league where Marietta is playing? I need to do some more reading to get a feel for comparing teams with what we have Below the Line so I can give Coach Secrest's boyz the proper ranking vs Southern/Southeast Ohio teams ... thanks

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I had read a post that stated that Dover had one of its' best teams in a few years, the Dover faithful were expecting BIG things from this years group - I believe "final 4 team" was mentioned ... AND yet the Tigers got the "W" ... not sure how to evaluate the MHS performances this season ... I guess I'm looking for something to compare them to ... I really don't want to put the pressure on my Ouija Board !!!! LOL ...

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Eh I wouldn't read too much into some of the posts, some are just jokesters. here is a link to the league standings: http://ecolscoreboard.com/?page_id=11
scroll down until it says boys as I don't think you want to mix them up with the girls haha.

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

Marietta by 1 on a Justin Futrell 4-point play at the buzzer.

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Marietta won. I forget the score, but it was by 12 or 13 points. Another good win for the Tigers.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Marietta 49
Cambridge 38 final

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That D-II sectional in Logan gets more and more tougher by the day it seems ... lol

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Cambridge 19 6 7 6 -- 38
Marietta. 15 9 11 14 -- 49

My first game to attend this season, finally! Marietta scored 5 FG in its first 5 possessions to take a short lived lead that went to 11-17 the other way in just a couple minutes. Each team's leading scorer(Francis and Grosel) led the first qtr scoring with 10 and 9 points. After that it took a game ending trey for Cambridge to finally double their first qtr output.

WTAP highlights captured the play of the game, as far as I was concerned, in the middle of the 3rd qtr with Marietta leading 28-27. Lennington blocked a Ford shot and recovered it himself right on the baseline in the corner. He took it coast to coast beating 4 Cambridge players down the court to have a 2 on 1 advantage on the right side of the court with he and Grosel. Lennington faked a pass and made a move to the left that resulted in a left handed reverse lay-up. Cambridge immediately called time-out and Marietta held the lead the rest of the way, in spite of missing the front ends of all three of their one and bonus opportunities in the 4th qtr.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Big win for the Tigers. Lenington played a hell of a game and Sutton was rocking. Tough one against Rosecrans on Friday.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

i'm from up around the dover area and my Hiland Hawks scrimmage them in one of our last scrimmages and beat them 38-11 in two qtr's i was there and by no means this not one of there best teams by far, dont get me wrong they r a very well coach team, they will be in a lot of games, but just don't have the talent this year and not much height either. i'd say they will finish about third in there divison league.

waggle
Waterboy

Post by waggle »

Just watching the tigers Grosel Williams Lenington are the leaders of this team and can be a real offensive threat. Williams crashes the boards hard every game and Grosel plays lock down defense. This team is under the radar and could really suprise some people this year

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Dover beat Meadowbrook by 12 last night without their leading scorer, Mason Mamarella.

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

Meadowbrook's tough too

Return to “Boys Basketball”