OVC after the Dust Settles

allsport
Freshman Team

OVC after the Dust Settles

Post by allsport »

With Lamb gone from Fairland and Mayo from South Point and several coaches into their 3rd season (the one which many look for the evidence that the program is headed in the right direction)... who are the teams to beat and why? What (not who) will be the difference makers with your team? Who are the "sleeper" teams? Who are the players to watch? Let's hear it all.

TOP OF THE GROVE
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC after the Dust Settles

Post by TOP OF THE GROVE »

ttt

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

dragons win the ovc under the leadership of senior cole hatfield

earp
S

Post by earp »

Is GreenandWhiteboy going to play???? 8) 8)

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i wouldnot be suprised if chesapeake win ovc this year.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Fairland still maintains an edge with Hatfield... if he plays within himself he is very dangerous and has some speed with him... the Dragons will miss their inside presence with Lamb and especially Bumgardner... the later being a beast on the boards... Chesy has some good coaching it seems and you will always be a contender with good coaching... they seem to produce good basketball players in that district... Coal Grove has struggled to find their identity but I believe possess one of the better athletes in Damron... if he tightens his game up a bit he could play at the next level... As for RH, well that's where my heart is... they should be able to put some good athletes on the floor... I hope coach Simpson can pull it all together this season... As for the team... Sam Cooke at 6'9"+ and 250+ after playing football should be more effective inside and Turley can be a star in the league when he plays smart and spreads the ball... he is a gamer and not afraid to take it to you... a lot like Hatfield for Fairland... They have some outside threats in Simpson (Luke) who can get hot and light it up... he has put on quite a bit of muscle since last year and gained some height, it will be interesting to see how his game has developed... no one works harder! Kliaber (?) transfer from Ironton is a big addition and I hear has been playing well, capable of putting points on the board and playing with a since of calm... he could help settle the Redmen into some winning ways... Returning senior Dustin Chandler is a leaper, but must become a scorer and control the boards... there are others to discuss but for time sake I'll just say don't count the Redmen out... River Valley seems to still be unsettled in their athletic programs so who knows... they're always tough to play in the OVEN...
Last edited by allsport on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... allsport ... you'll have to keep us all informed about what's happening on the river this season ... there is NO easy way to get to the river from the Hocking Hills LOL ... I have to rely on posters as yourself for information while getting out to see some of the teams when they make a rare appearance DURING the season on a court near me ... thanks in advance for any info you can share with all of us Below the Line this season as we try to "get it right" on the Elite 8 ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Anybody have a schedule of the 2008 OVC preview? Where will it be played this year?

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Dec 1 @ South Point
S Point v/s River Valley 6pm
Chesapeake v/s Rock Hill 7:15pm
Fairland v/s Dawson Bryant 8:30pm

That's the dates, times and match ups the school channel's running

Return to “Boys Basketball”