Fairland @ River Valley 12/16

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Fairland @ River Valley 12/16

Post by FHSstudentsection »

havent heard much about RV. not sure if that is good or bad?

ANY THOUGHTS...

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Re: Fairland @ River Valley 12/16

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

LOL! don't expect any high expectations from us RV folks,our season has been well, different!

I personally think our coaching staff has given up and mailed this season in just by their attitudes and body language.All the screaming and hollering during timeouts is very puzzling,try teaching something and being positive in practice,we never press to try and change the tempo,we never try to transition don't know if this coaching staff can teach kids how to run a break or not, we have a kid who can't dribble the basketball playing the 1,all the parents are pretty disgusted.We are fundamentally HORRIBLE! This team has decent athletes goes 9-10 deep with good speed.
When you get your teeth kicked in every night one would think you try another method,pace,press,something?

we take undefeated Southern to the brink of victory only to hand them the game in OT
we go to Jackson and have no plan at all to stop the 2 big guys of the Ironmen and get crushed in the 2nd half
we beat Meigs a team who has not won a game
we lost to a very average Rock Hill team by 13 because we want to play Princton Basketball
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= a very poorly coached unprepared team I would say if we are within 25 of Fairland it will be a GREAT outing

Good Luck Dragons

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Fairland by 15 +

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:LOL! don't expect any high expectations from us RV folks,our season has been well, different!

I personally think our coaching staff has given up and mailed this season in just by their attitudes and body language.All the screaming and hollering during timeouts is very puzzling,try teaching something and being positive in practice,we never press to try and change the tempo,we never try to transition don't know if this coaching staff can teach kids how to run a break or not, we have a kid who can't dribble the basketball playing the 1,all the parents are pretty disgusted.We are fundamentally HORRIBLE! This team has decent athletes goes 9-10 deep with good speed.
When you get your teeth kicked in every night one would think you try another method,pace,press,something?

we take undefeated Southern to the brink of victory only to hand them the game in OT
we go to Jackson and have no plan at all to stop the 2 big guys of the Ironmen and get crushed in the 2nd half
we lost to a very average Rock Hill team by 13 because we want to play Princton Basketball
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= a very poorly coached unprepared team I would say if we are within 25 of Fairland it will be a GREAT outing

Good Luck Dragons

Id say you hit the nail on the head on pretty much everything. what a shame 4 those kids time for a coaching change

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

In defense of the coaches, this group is one that has prob 3-4 kids on Varsity that even pick up a basketball in the off season.
Work ethic is the problem!
I hope they haven't given up,I can tell you there is one who comes home from practice and shoots every night!! Plays every weekend.
I feel really bad for the few who do care.
Coach Hill is usually vocal in the huddle and his teams usually get better as the season goes on,I don't know whats up?
I have 17 more games to watch and i am going to support them 100% lose my voice most nights i am very proud i have a dedicated young man through good and bad!
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

If Fairland can put together 2 good halves I say Dragons by 30!

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

Fairland by 25

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Good luck Raiders!

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:LOL! don't expect any high expectations from us RV folks,our season has been well, different!

Good Luck Dragons

Sometimes you people post things that are beyond comprehension! First, River valley isn't even 5 deep, let alone 9 or 10. Next, if you think they have "decent" athletes then its obvious you have never been outside of Bidwell. The reason you play "princeton" basketball is to give your kids a chance to win. They dont have the athletes and/or the scorers to win a game in the 70's. Anybody with any type of basketball IQ can see that. Your either a parent or some wannabe that coached these kids in the 4th grade and won the "bidwell all-star" tournament.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

johnny ringo wrote:

Good Luck Dragons

Sometimes you people post things that are beyond comprehension! First, River valley isn't even 5 deep, let alone 9 or 10. Next, if you think they have "decent" athletes then its obvious you have never been outside of Bidwell. The reason you play "princeton" basketball is to give your kids a chance to win. They dont have the athletes and/or the scorers to win a game in the 70's. Anybody with any type of basketball IQ can see that. Your either a parent or some wannabe that coached these kids in the 4th grade and won the "bidwell all-star" tournament.
I agree somewhat with Johnny! He's right about about not having skilled basketball players, the athletes are no different than anywhere I get tired of that! Our problem at RV the kids think wearing the uniform makes you a ball player and Basketball starts when Football is over.they do no work in the off season at all just look at attendance at weight sessions and open gyms.
We have athletes non skilled ones!
No he wasn't the 4th grade coach lol (:

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

johnny ringo wrote:

we take undefeated Southern to the brink of victory only to hand them the game in
OT

Good Luck Dragons

woa,the coaching staff has a voice lol
well no one said we need to score 70 just push the ball when the right kids are on the floor if the lay up isnt there pull it out run princton,called keeping the other team honest. this team is undiscliplined bad passes harrison gets praised but turns the ball over makes you scratch your head at what he does? nobel is a very good athlete but feels if he makes one mistake he gets benched if he scores they beat rock hill. the offense is fine just sloppy the coaches obviously spend no time on offense because the lack of detail shows , spacing is horrible the whole offense is ran inside the foul line how can you cut or pass with no space, check outs are nonexistant , post players double clutching no pump fakes, backups coming off the bench firing up the ball as soon as they touch it, lol
against racine the inability to hold the ball with 3 mins left and a 6 point lead(you saw what jeff did soon as he got the lead)air out the ball! i have no prob with princton bb but you have to be fundamentally sound, this team isnt. when you are disadvantaged as you say you take advantage every chance you get and you have to execute. Tbh it looks like this team never shoots or works on offense in practice! if you know of a good 4th grade coach who teaches fundamentals introduce him to hill lol!
with our height why not some open post then back cut? this staff thinks you plug in a system it will work against everyone they also kicked the whole team out of practice the day before a game? if you have kids who dont care this dont bother them!
as far as talent your saying the difference between rock hill and rv was alot lol
now chesapeake and possibly fairland have a lot more skilled players not southern not rock hill not coal crove eastern thats a cop out and easy excuse for the coaches this team needs basics not excuses also no one expects a 16-4 season just to be competitive. example tonight fairland will press rv all night i bet we never spent 1 min on breaking a press hill expects the 1 to dribble through it
Lets see if my prediction is correct?

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

FHS by 30+

salyers with a career high of 32

fuller career high of 26

does Rv run man or a zone? just curious?

OH IO 07
Freshman Team

Post by OH IO 07 »

End of first
Fairland 11
Rv 6
Fire alarm 1

OH IO 07
Freshman Team

Post by OH IO 07 »

Lack of service. Sorry for lack of updates.
Fairland won.
Unsure of final, believe it was
Fairland 59
RV 48

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

FHSstudentsection wrote:FHS by 30+

salyers with a career high of 32

fuller career high of 26

does Rv run man or a zone? just curious?
RV plays both man and Zone and neither player scored 20 but Derek Flint of RV had 22
if River Valley shoots 60% from the free throw line they win! Was a 6 point or less game most of the night.
Both teams were tired after this one lol
Great game to watch!
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Ugly win by fairland ...4-0

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

I was very disappointed in the Fairland students that came in with medical masks on and then were doing chants involving "you stink". They went as far as 2 of them lining up with all the Raider fans who made a tunnel for our players to run through as they came out for warm-ups. Great job by River Valleys principal in going to ask them to please not mock and take a seat. Fairlands students were some of the least classy I've ever seen, what a shame.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

not sure i see anything wrong with wearing masks and saying you stink. it is so sad that we have become a society in which everyone is offended by something. as long as they werent using profanity or things of that nature then i dont see a problem. Im sure little johnny wont grow up with insecurities because somebody told him that he stinks.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

I don't see a problem with wearing masks and chanting "You stink". These days saying something like that is considered being reserved. If I were a principal I would much rather my students chant something like that than all the "BS" chants you hear at college games and such. I agree Ringo, people are offended way too easily often times. It seems as though now everything results in a law suit.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

The mask think was well different!
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”