Chesapeake v/s Logan Elm at the convo.--------12/17/11 7.30

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Chesapeake v/s Logan Elm at the convo.--------12/17/11 7.30

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Should be a good game.Panthers on a roll now,keep it up.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Re: Chesapeake v/s Logan Elm at the convo.--------12/17/11 7

Post by BUCKEYES »

On a roll? I guess so based on the scores I have seen...lol. I have seen LE twice this year they look good, but still far from their potential. What kind of size does Peake have and do they press or what style basketball do they play?

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

This should be one of sat. better match-ups GO PEAKE

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

I, unfortunately, won't be able to go to this game because I'll be christmas shopping, then watching the OU bowl game on TV.

Go Braves!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Chesapeake
McMaster-6'5
Kennedy-6'4
Meadows-6'3
Thompson-6'1
Nobel-6'0
HIntz-5'7

Chesapeake always gets up and down the floor.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

As I stated in another thread, LE has to play much better than it did in its past two games. LE has potential, but is still trying to mold this team. I'll take the Peake.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 65 Logan Elm 51 - Prediction

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Panthers average over 80+ per game. If Logan Elm can keep that down in the 60's this will be close. Panthers get up and down the floor and every player is a big threat. Every game has seen a player step up. Cant key on 1 player. Should be interesting. I know nothing about LE but cant wait to see this one. In a very special venue. Good luck Peake. Keep rolling. Prediction......Good game. Haha.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Anyone have a final?

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Logan Elm 48 Chesapeake 40 - Final via Max Preps.

I see now why it wasn't posted.

shaynew
Riding the Bench

Post by shaynew »

Mcmasters did not play in this game.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

chesapeake played without mcmasters....my understanding is he was out with an eye infection???? at full strength, I imagine chesapeake wouldve won.....if u take any teams best player out, they would have a greater chance of losing to a quality opponent....but credit to Logan Elm....and hats off to chesapeake for a valiant effort in spite of....

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

jgordon0315 wrote:chesapeake played without mcmasters....my understanding is he was out with an eye infection???? at full strength, I imagine chesapeake wouldve won.....if u take any teams best player out, they would have a greater chance of losing to a quality opponent....but credit to Logan Elm....and hats off to chesapeake for a valiant effort in spite of....
Interesting, on this site I have seen many post stating that "Peake is not a one man show", yet here we go with the would have won comments if our best player was here. Let me guess they would have scored their 80 point average as well.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

BUCKEYES wrote:
jgordon0315 wrote:chesapeake played without mcmasters....my understanding is he was out with an eye infection???? at full strength, I imagine chesapeake wouldve won.....if u take any teams best player out, they would have a greater chance of losing to a quality opponent....but credit to Logan Elm....and hats off to chesapeake for a valiant effort in spite of....
Interesting, on this site I have seen many post stating that "Peake is not a one man show", yet here we go with the would have won comments if our best player was here. Let me guess they would have scored their 80 point average as well.
I'm far from a Chesapeake fan....i was just giving an honest and objective observation.....actually i'm a portsmouth trojan fan....so I have no reason to give chesapeake any credit...or to take away from logan elm..........but I can only reasonably come to the conclusion that they wouldve faired a better shot at a win had they had their best player.....so regardless if they are/ or are not a one man team(which I believe they are not a one man team) Im just trying to keep things in perspective.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

"Peake is not a one man show" when Mcmaster is playing and ill tell you why....
- Austin makes his teammates better when he is on the floor by drawing all the defensive attention. This leaves Eric Kennedy wide open for a spot up or Javon Thompson for a jumper or Patrick Hintz with a lane to the hope or when they collapse on him so he wont get the board thats when Brandon Noble and Chad Meadows benefit. I mean with Mcmaster on the floor Eric Kennedy is scoring nearly 15points compared to the 9 in the absence of Mcmaster. Patrick Hintz scoring 10ppg with Mcmaster there as for Thompson he is averaging 9ppg with Mcmaster there compared to his 11 without him. Add Brandon Nobles average in and throw in Mcmasters' 26ppg and you have a team! A solid one core team. With 3 guys averaging double didget ppg and another at 9ppg doesnt sound like a one man show to me!

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

The 80+ points might be due to the competition they have faced so far. Numbers can be deceiving. Should be a very good team come tourn. time.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

dime-a-dozen wrote:"Peake is not a one man show" when Mcmaster is playing and ill tell you why....
- Austin makes his teammates better when he is on the floor by drawing all the defensive attention. This leaves Eric Kennedy wide open for a spot up or Javon Thompson for a jumper or Patrick Hintz with a lane to the hope or when they collapse on him so he wont get the board thats when Brandon Noble and Chad Meadows benefit. I mean with Mcmaster on the floor Eric Kennedy is scoring nearly 15points compared to the 9 in the absence of Mcmaster. Patrick Hintz scoring 10ppg with Mcmaster there as for Thompson he is averaging 9ppg with Mcmaster there compared to his 11 without him. Add Brandon Nobles average in and throw in Mcmasters' 26ppg and you have a team! A solid one core team. With 3 guys averaging double didget ppg and another at 9ppg doesnt sound like a one man show to me!
Sounds like a one man show to me. Without McMaster's (I'm taking all these numbers from your post), Chesapeake loses 26 points a game with his average. Kennedy seems to score 6 points less, while Hintz scores 2 more per game. Just from your post, without McMaster, Chesapeake scores 30 points less per game. Sounds to me like that would be a 1 man show.

I have no doubt that Chesapeake is a good team with McMasters. They have potential to go far in the tournament at the end of the year. Without McMasters, they seem to be only a little better than average.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

If you take an all-state player off of a team of course they won't be as good.

Would Chesapeake have won the game, maybe, maybe not.

To argue what would have happened is silly. Game is over and now both teams move on.

One thing I can assure is that when seeding rolls around coaches will look at this game and say, oh well McMaster wasn't playing so there will be less emphasis placed on the loss. Had Elm beat Chesapeake will arguably the best player in SEO then I think Elm would get more credit.

Nature of the beast.

Kind of like Portsmouth without their PG last year, they were a different animal with him.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It's a good win for Logan Elm, regardless of whether McMaster played or not. Coming off a loss and responding with a big win is good no matter what.

Chesapeake is a much better team, with their best player playing(obviously) but no one will ever know how it would have turned out if he was able to play. It would have been a GREAT win if Peake could have pulled it out, but it doesn't really mean anything that they lost it, since McMaster didn't play.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

shaynew wrote:Mcmasters did not play in this game.
Huge Factor! If he plays they prob score 60+
Totally different team without him.

Return to “Boys Basketball”