WESTERN INDIANS 08-09!!

Baller55
Waterboy

WESTERN INDIANS 08-09!!

Post by Baller55 »

How do you think the Indians Will be this year??

alabama mike
SE

Re: WESTERN INDIANS 08-09!!

Post by alabama mike »

If they can get the ball to Shanks inside, they will be hard to stop.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

100% in agreement with AL Mike. NO one (or 2)can stop him inside. For opponents sake, they are hoping he stays on the perimeter like last year.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

You two obviously dont know what you are talking about. Its going to take more than just getting the ball to shanks in the post for them to win. If thats all that needs to be done, then I guess the Indians will only need 2 players, a PG and Shanks....Don't get me wrong, he is probably going to be unstoppable this year but thats not all they will need to do to be successful.....

I think that the big question is- Defense? They have a chance to be real good, but defense- its gonna make em' or break em'.

Everyone knows they are going to get their points, but they are just going to have to hope they score more than their opponent.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree with zack on this one we have 3 maybe 4 kids that can drop 20 on sny given night but if that guys man scores 21 then we lose!

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

i have to agree with 60ft. on the need of defense for the tribe this year. it dont matter how many points you can score if the opposing team can score as many as they can too. play offense tough, play defense even tougher. defense almost always wins ball games.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

lightle,

lol...its kind of cool, I used to play so I never said anything on here, now I get so bored between classes I just pull out my computer and look at all of these posts...and say what I think.....

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Western will have a very talented club. Shanks and Smithson will be tough. The loss of Kier will hurt them more than most folks out that direction thinks.....they will be anything from outstanding to average this season depending upon the play of their guards.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

The SOC will more than likely go through this team this year and I agree, if they play to their potential they may be nearly impossible to stop. So defense will be a key part of this team. They play solid defense, and the offense will come. Its always got to bring a smile to a point gaurds face to look in the post and see a 6'5" shanks he can just dump the ball into. lol

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Eaglesnest wrote:Western will have a very talented club. Shanks and Smithson will be tough. The loss of Kier will hurt them more than most folks out that direction thinks.....they will be anything from outstanding to average this season depending upon the play of their guards.

its easy to see the height of this years team and think that thats enuf to take care of it. but i have to say kier will be missed, defense wise. he was always there to try to take a charge and stuff like that. i think eaglesnest has the right idea by saying that most of the fans out this way have failed to see this problem area. hopefully there will be someone who steps up there game and can replace #20.

westernfan123
Waterboy

Post by westernfan123 »

Shanks- He could be an unstoppable player underneath or he could be a great jump shooter. I think he should stick with the inside game.

Smithson-Very good offensive player he could work more on the defensive end. He is very powerful heshould score 10-15 a game depending on free throws.

Penwell- He has a spectacular shot that always needs to be guarded. He also has ability to drive and finish.

Hall- Has became a very good player. I think he is underestimated i see him scoring around 10 a game and alot of other things like defense that he will contribute in

5th Spot- Up for grabs it is between Kory Bakenhaster, Migel Rosales, Shwan Flint, Drew Wolford, Kyle Massie, and Jake Leslie.. THey all would be a good help for the indians tribe.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

The 5th spot will be more like.......Wolford or Flint.......Rosales shouldnt be considered......I doubt that he will start.......But I'm not the coach either.....Also, Smithson will be more like 15-20

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

im curious why not considered he is similer player hustle wise to what you were not as floor smart but he is just a sophmore

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

well western should be decent this year but they only have one main player that is shanks because penwell is not very good cant handle the ball well!!! and you all say he can drive in with the ball!!! like i said shanks will run the show but there gonna get beat this year at the holiday classic there 1st game by piketon

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

It doesnt make any since to cinsider him over Wolford, Flint, or even Bakenhaster. What does he have to contribute that Flint or Wolford wont? Speed? no Defense? no Shooting? no.....Experience? no (none).....Height? he may add 4 inches....thats the only thing he can add to the team that the other two won't cover.

Huntsmen- You have no clue, who cares about the classic other than the people of pike county? Sure the players use it to get better and of course it would be nice to win but---The classic is in the first 20 games, in my book the first 20 games are preseason. Its all about the Real Season, which is when you make it to that Convo floor, thats when it begins, and I assure you that Shanks and Smithson will have their team there.

cc93
Waterboy

Post by cc93 »

AMEN BROTHER

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

i see what you are saying, but guys, you dont wanna have a crappy "preseason" either. the ultimate goal is to get a state champions sign for your town, but come on, if you dont win the games during the season, then how are ya gonna make it to the Convo? theres gotta be adrenaline pumpin' to get you playin! how often has the "preseason" league loser made it to the Convo? probably not as many as the league winner....

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Well sure, but all that I am saying is that who cares if Piketon wins the Holiday classic. Do you think Latham is going to remember the Holiday Classic when they are at the convo? And of course you want be successful before the tournament, it builds momentum that will hopefully carry over to the tournament.

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

60ft 6in yeah the holiday classic is a big thing in pike county !!! but one player wich is shanks cant take his team to convo sorry face the facts there best season was wwhen they had jearmy and michale that was when they were good since then besides the year after they have been a sloppy team o yeah they lost there scrimmage

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

You are an idiot. Shanks, Smithson, Penwell......Not just Shanks. No doubt about it, we were best when we had Michael and Jeremy but we were pretty good last year and should be very good this year too....What do you mean? I can't interpret your style of writting.
wwhen they had jearmy and michale that was when they were good since then besides the year after they have been a sloppy team o yeah they lost there scrimmage
60ft 6in yeah the holiday classic is a big thing in pike county !!! but one player wich is shanks cant take his team to convo sorry face the facts there best season was wwhen they had jearmy and michale that was when they were good since then besides the year after they have been a sloppy team o yeah they lost there scrimmage
Please explain what that means. Especially this, "that was when they were good since then besides the year after", there has only been one year since they haven't had Michael and Jeremy, this will be the second, so tell me how they have had a sloppy team since you said they had a good year the year after, and thats the only year they have had since they have had mike and jeremy, but you said besides the year after.....? And the scrimmage, lol.....just shut up...scrimmages are for nothing less than practice, they don't matter at all, you obviously don't know anything.

Return to “Boys Basketball”