WESTERN INDIANS 08-09!!

baller2408
Waterboy

Re: WESTERN INDIANS 08-09!!

Post by baller2408 »

also huntsman in all of the games that western has played this year harrop has done a good job at geting all his players a fair amount of play time, but when it comes to the regular season he wont do this and when all 5 of the western starters are in i think it will be very hard to stop them.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

baller2408 wrote:also huntsman in all of the games that western has played this year harrop has done a good job at geting all his players a fair amount of play time, but when it comes to the regular season he wont do this and when all 5 of the western starters are in i think it will be very hard to stop them.

Who are the projected starters?

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

i would guess the starting five will be penwell, hall, leslie smithson and shanks. wolford might be in instead, but i would keep him as the 6th man if i were coachin.

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

i think that the 5 starters will be smithson, shanks, penwell, hall, and wolford. The fifth man position is up for grabs in my opinion. I dont feel that they have a strong fifth man just yet.

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

in my opinion i think that leslie would make a better starter than wolford because of his size and because after seeing their first game, i feel that wolford turned the ball over too much... leslie was the only one who was crashin the boards in the first half...

TJ74
Waterboy

Post by TJ74 »

Shanks unstoppable not hardly. Everyone lables him a post player but hes really not. He is hardley ever on the block, an he takes way to many jump shots.

To me the Indians season rests in the hands of the gaurd play. With all the unproven players on the bench they need some good decsion making an good shot selection from Hall an Penwell.
If they get into foul trouble this year or have alot of turnovers I just dont see how they can win.
They need some players to contribute some off the bench time for that youth to grow up.

Shanks needs to get in the block an stay they cant be as successful as they can be if hes on the perimeter. The coach needs to find a way to get him more touches in the paint an get him to the line.

LadyIndians123
Waterboy

Post by LadyIndians123 »

Im a lady Indian basketball player myself and considering all the crap people are talking about our team is rediculous. Were good and we know it we dont need anyone elses Opinion. Of coarse your going to state it but we dont care. Thanx for the compliments from everyone and I think were going to hvae a really good season Just for your information we kicked Greens but in the game on 12-12-08 so please dont forget it. We are going to kick but on 12-16-08 against Sciotoville. Hope you all can come and watch us win!!!!! Are girls team will also kick but this year :] Hope you all come watch us as well. Good Luck Western Indians. And especially to Drew Wolford. Love ya Boii. Welp Comment my opinion you'll be proved wrong l8ter buh byes

AssistMachine
Waterboy

Post by AssistMachine »

To bad Drew Wolferd would be better of for the team in the stands.......Lesile is 10 times better than he can imagine

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

Yea after watching Wolford and Leslie in the last two games i feel that Leslie is the stronger of the two and that he should be the one starting...

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

LadyIndians

Im a lady Indian basketball player myself and considering all the crap people are talking about our team is rediculous. Were good and we know it we dont need anyone elses Opinion. Of coarse your going to state it but we dont care. Thanx for the compliments from everyone and I think were going to hvae a really good season Just for your information we kicked Greens but in the game on 12-12-08 so please dont forget it. We are going to kick but on 12-16-08 against Sciotoville. Hope you all can come and watch us win!!!!! Are girls team will also kick but this year :] Hope you all come watch us as well. Good Luck Western Indians. And especially to Drew Wolford. Love ya Boii. Welp Comment my opinion you'll be proved wrong l8ter buh byes

-What are you doing? You make everyone from Western sound like a fool, trust me guys, this girl is one of a kind. No one has "talked crap" except you, I want them to win also, but I'm not making a Jackass out of myself by telling everyone on here that Western is all of this when they aren't all together yet. WOOHOOO we beat Green shut up about it, its one....ONE win. Do me a favor and download Yahoo Messanger so you can chat with your buddies on there, you are making yourself look like an idiot on here. Oh yeah the girls kick butt huh? What is your record? Exaclty, this just goes to show how much you know.

stiff jr.
Waterboy

Post by stiff jr. »

leslie and wolford are two different types of players....it depends on who we are playing on that night, if itsa more physical stronger team then leslie needs to play the most minutes, but if its a tem full of quick guards then wolford needs to play more leslie has a great work ethic he has been my patner in the weightroom for about 5 months he is strong and aggressive but like i said before it just depends on the opposing teams personel.

AssistMachine
Waterboy

Post by AssistMachine »

Yea i agree with Stiff Jr but here lately Wolferd has been throwing the ball around crazy an not doing much on defense unless Wolferd can prove him self an stop trying to be the go to guy then i think it should be Leslie he has been smart with the ball an doesnt do what he knows he cant do

stiff jr.
Waterboy

Post by stiff jr. »

facts are facts, leslie is a better player so he should play, period. wolford is a good quick defender and is a great selection for the sixth position, it still dpends on personel but leslie is a better player he starts, drew sixth!

time out
Waterboy

Post by time out »

The question is can the coaching staff get the team to the next level, they have the talent to be one of Western best teams.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

The question is can the coaching staff get the team to the next level, they have the talent to be one of Western best teams.

yeayea, and if its not a good season, we can just blame it on the coaches because the players didn't play well.......makes sense to me.....w/e

Sure they have the talent, they have talent, then some. Talent doesn't always win though, they just need to play with some heart. Don't worry about style points. I seen that exchange student from Waverly play twice, and everytime I think he is the goofiest player on the court, just the way he runs/jumps, but heck he is playing like a beast, and is on every loose ball and trying to grab every rebound in the paint. If some of the players from Western give this type of effort, along with their "talent".....UNSTOPPABLE!

still to early for any of this talk though, you never know some of the players may be on their way......

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Also, why talk about your teammates on a "forum"...I don't think there was any of this in our past success.....If Wolford is playing bad, talk to him one on one and let him know what he can do to help the team get better, you guys know when he sees this on here it will hurt his confidence (especially coming from a teammate), and the way you are playing you are going to need him before the season is over....

Assistmachine< :lol: ....Jade Hall?.....right? Just thinking it might be by the grammer...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”