Eastern @ Federal Hocking 12/13

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Eastern @ Federal Hocking 12/13

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Howie and the Lancers vs Britton and the upstart Eagles. This one is going to be very interesting. Who's everyone taking?

Super trooper
All State

Re: Eastern @ Federal Hocking 12/13

Post by Super trooper »

I'll take eastern. They play good defense and are well coached. Those are the 2 main ingredients for a good road team. I think britton will have his boys ready. Probably here some boos when the federal hocking coaching staff gets announced. Should be a very good matchup

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Eastern comes in at 3-0 which should give them confidence heading into this game. This is a great TVC Basketball rivalry, and with Coach Caldwell on the other side it will only add fuel to the fire. When you look at Eastern's schedule, they still haven't really played anybody. I'm not sure who they played in the pre-season, but the Lancers scrimmaged Logan, played Warren in the preview, and played their first game at Marietta. FH won their game handily last night at Miller that some thought would end in an upset. I think that the Lancers pre-season schedule has prepared them very well for their early TVC Hocking schedule. FH has the advantages in this game with coaching, home court advantage, and size. Nobody knows Eastern better than Coach Caldwell, and with Howie at the helm in front of a big home opening crowd in Stewart, I like the Lancers by 10.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

gymrat88 wrote:Eastern comes in at 3-0 which should give them confidence heading into this game. This is a great TVC Basketball rivalry, and with Coach Caldwell on the other side it will only add fuel to the fire. When you look at Eastern's schedule, they still haven't really played anybody. I'm not sure who they played in the pre-season, but the Lancers scrimmaged Logan, played Warren in the preview, and played their first game at Marietta. FH won their game handily last night at Miller that some thought would end in an upset. I think that the Lancers pre-season schedule has prepared them very well for their early TVC Hocking schedule. FH has the advantages in this game with coaching, home court advantage, and size. Nobody knows Eastern better than Coach Caldwell, and with Howie at the helm in front of a big home opening crowd in Stewart, I like the Lancers by 10.

Not sure how well Howie knows this team. Only a couple of the boys on this year's varsity played for his varsity squad last year.

I'll take the Eagles in a low scoring game, 45-40.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern defense and offense is totally different than the coach Caldwell days. Fed has the height advantage but eastern will have the best player on the floor

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Oh and eastern beat some very good teams in their scrimmages. I can't remember exacty who they scrimmaged if someone could help us out

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

I remember when Paul Pettit left Federal Hocking and coached Nelsonville. Federal Hocking went to Ben Wagner(sp) and won by almost 40.
Eastern will be fired up for this one.

1wish
Waterboy

Post by 1wish »

frontier
crooksville
new lexington
I believe that is some of scrimmages eastern had had this year

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

New lexington, vinton, western, adena, and frontier. They beat everyone but split with vinton

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

They also beat crooksville

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

I will take Fed Hock no way Howie lets the Eagles beat him. No way Howie lets a one man team beat him.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern is much more than a one man team..Carnahan doesnt even have the ball in his hands. He gets all his point off halfcourt offense. Not sure Howie's defense will give easterns half court offense much trouble.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Dont underestimate Easterns new coach either

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Good point Super Trooper who would of ever guessed a no name first year coach in Coach Britton would have the eagles off to a 3-0 start. He's gotta be front runner for coach of the year if he keeps this going. Remember Howie left BC he didn't think this group of Eagles could play. By the way the trimble game was a 18 pt lead n coach cleared hos bench

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Wonder how the kids even look Howie in the eye in class

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Its gotta be an interesting situation in the halls of Eastern this week wonder if Howie will be a school Tuesday

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Hed probably cry if Eastern beat him Tuesday

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

In all honesty Eastern has beat 3 of the worst teams in Southern Ohio,probably 3 of the poorer defensive teams.
I see it good that they beat Meigs,who is prob the best team they have beaten,and expectations were low so, great start.
Lets see how they do against Southern,South Gallia and Belpre.
Howie knows every kids weakness and strength,trust me he will be ready to play!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Half these kids didn't play for howie so I guess you don't really know

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Federal will win by 15.

Return to “Boys Basketball”