SOC 1

Lightle04
SE

SOC 1

Post by Lightle04 »

What's everyones picks top to bottom let's have them.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Re: SOC 1

Post by Jim Mora »

Eastern

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree they are going to be good but symms valley and notre dame should be up there with them and I see Western,Green,East,and New Boston fairly even on paper anyways.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

The top 2 teams are tough to choose.

1-Symmes Valley I see them having just too much height for Eastern to handle.
2-Eastern This should come down between them and SV this year.
3-Notre Dame This team will have a lot of athletes and will compete very well.
4-Clay They lost a lot, but I still think they can win.
5-Green I'm not exact on what they lost, but I think they will compete well.
6-Western Yes, they aren't 8th! I think this team will be more relevant this year.
7-New Boston Some players that are capable, but I'm still questioning.
8-East Not really sure what they have. I don't see them having a very good year.

Teams 1-3 could switch around any order, with none falling worse than 4th.
Teams 4-6 could be in any order. Highest point for me is 3rd, with 8th still possible.
Teams 7-8 I'm still wondering about. New Boston has a few athletes. But can they be coached right? And last I heard, Crager from East is going to be at Notre Dame this year. Is that correct?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

run-n-gun wrote:The top 2 teams are tough to choose.

1-Symmes Valley I see them having just too much height for Eastern to handle.
2-Eastern This should come down between them and SV this year.
3-Notre Dame This team will have a lot of athletes and will compete very well.
4-Clay They lost a lot, but I still think they can win.
5-Green I'm not exact on what they lost, but I think they will compete well.
6-Western Yes, they aren't 8th! I think this team will be more relevant this year.
7-New Boston Some players that are capable, but I'm still questioning.
8-East Not really sure what they have. I don't see them having a very good year.

Teams 1-3 could switch around any order, with none falling worse than 4th.
Teams 4-6 could be in any order. Highest point for me is 3rd, with 8th still possible.
Teams 7-8 I'm still wondering about. New Boston has a few athletes. But can they be coached right? And last I heard, Crager from East is going to be at Notre Dame this year. Is that correct?
What kind of height does Symmes Valley have? Peebles beat Clay by around 60pts in a scrimmage this offseason. I think they will be in the 6-8 range this year in the conference depending on how much Western improves and what Green can put on the court. Does anyone have any info regarding Green or East?

As far as the teams that I have seen play against Peebles recently this is probably how I would order things(Granted this is just preseason and players could have been missing, etc.) :

1. Eastern
2. Western
3. New Boston
4. Clay

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Symmes Valley doesn't have any major height, but all their players seem to be tall. In the 6'-6'2" range. I can't see Western finished 2nd. No offense, but a team doesn't go from last place and 0 wins to a conference contender in 1 season. I don't see that happening. And New Boston, I can agree with you on, but again, I just don't see it happening.

Notre Dame will be in the top 3. They are probably going to get overlooked, as you did. They have athletes. Athletes will win eventually. And you slotted Clay exactly where I did. It will be an interesting season, to see how the middle of the conference shapes up.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Ya I think 4 threw 8 are interchangeable to be honest. Westerns new exchange student will help them alot so with his size and the freshman class mixed with what few upperclassman they have I can see them 4 or 5 but pretty good at the end of the season.

FanForLife
Waterboy

Post by FanForLife »

Green, is going to do good this year, they have someone 6 11 on there team this year

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Eastern

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

run-n-gun wrote:Symmes Valley doesn't have any major height, but all their players seem to be tall. In the 6'-6'2" range. I can't see Western finished 2nd. No offense, but a team doesn't go from last place and 0 wins to a conference contender in 1 season. I don't see that happening. And New Boston, I can agree with you on, but again, I just don't see it happening.

Notre Dame will be in the top 3. They are probably going to get overlooked, as you did. They have athletes. Athletes will win eventually. And you slotted Clay exactly where I did. It will be an interesting season, to see how the middle of the conference shapes up.
That list was only the teams I have seen play recently. It dosent take into account Green, Symmes Valley, Notre Dame, or East.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
run-n-gun wrote:Symmes Valley doesn't have any major height, but all their players seem to be tall. In the 6'-6'2" range. I can't see Western finished 2nd. No offense, but a team doesn't go from last place and 0 wins to a conference contender in 1 season. I don't see that happening. And New Boston, I can agree with you on, but again, I just don't see it happening.

That list was only the teams I have seen play recently. It dosent take into account Green, Symmes Valley, Notre Dame, or East.
Okay, well now I understand where you are coming from now.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Symmes Valley
Eastern
Notre Dame
Western
New Boston
East
Clay
Green

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

FanForLife wrote:Green, is going to do good this year, they have someone 6 11 on there team this year
Just because they are 6' 11 does not mean they are good.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

halftime wrote:
FanForLife wrote:Green, is going to do good this year, they have someone 6 11 on there team this year
Just because they are 6' 11 does not mean they are good.

If he was really good he would be at Burg or Portsmouth. LOL

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Didn't he set out last year ? Or am I thinking of a different kid.

ndats
Waterboy

Post by ndats »

TribeManiac10 wrote:

Notre Dame should have a very nice team this year. Played a lot this summer and have worked really hard. Going to be a fun team to watch. Should contend for a SOC title

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree they deserve to be talked about as one of the picks to win the league.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

1. Notre Dame
2+3.Symmes Valley/Eastern (these 2 could finish either way)
4. New Boston
5. Clay
6. Western
7. East
8. Green

I look for Notre Dame to be the top team in the league this season. I have heard they return everyone and most players have now played varsity for 3 or 4 years. Symmes Valley lost their rebounding machine (can't recall his name) from last year but had plenty of other good players around him that were big, strong, and athletic. Eastern lost Hawks and thornsberry to graduation. How will the inexperienced players respond? IF Eagles play team ball, make layups, manage to have a threat in the paint, and play HARD they could be a contender. I will be pulling for the Eagles! I wish all teams well.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

The 6'11 kid from hasn't played since JR high I don't want to say anything about the
kid. He's a good kid from a good home and if he was the best player in the county he
would still go to Green his parents are from FF and his cousin is the head coach.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Western has an exchange student who is going to help them out this year. So they are heading in the right direction I think.

Return to “Boys Basketball”