Chillicothe Hoops Showcase Dec 5-6

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Chillicothe Hoops Showcase Dec 5-6

Post by Hitchbone64 »

The Chillicothe Boys Basketball Club (CBBC) invites everyone to come out and attend the 3rd Annual Chillicothe Hoops Showcase this coming Friday and Saturday. (Dec 5-6)

We have put together a nice blend of local (Southeastern Ohio) teams combined with some teams outside of Ross, Pickaway, Fayette, and Pike Counties.

I believe there will be significant interest in many of the games, but one of the main ones could be early on Saturday as Coach Larry "The Legend" Jordan comes back to Ross County leading his new team, the Jackson Ironman against his old team the Southeastern Panthers. What a way to kick off the seaon. We also have a rematch of last year with the defending D2 State Champions Chillicothe Cavaliers facing the winner of 3 of the last 4 State Championships Cincinnati North College Hill. Finally, one of the early season favorites to make a long tourney run and return to greatness is Portsmouth. They will face a tough task against Coach VanMetre and the Greenfield McClain Tigers.

There will be 3 games on Friday night and 5 on Saturday. Tickets are $5.00 on Friday (good for all three games) and $7.00 on Saturday (good for all 5 games). As always we look for a good event. Hope to see you there.

FRIDAY DEC 5th (Game 1 Tip off at 5:30 pm)
Huntington Ross Girls vs Chillicothe Lady Cavs
Huntington Ross Boys vs Eastern Brown Boys
Westerville Central Boys vs Dresden Tri Valley Boys

SATURDAY DEC 6TH (ALL BOYS GAMES)
Southeastern Ross vs Jackson 1:15 pm
Circleville vs Adena (Frankfort) 3:00 pm
Piketon vs Cincinnati Clark Montessori 4:45 pm
Chillicothe vs Cincinnati North College Hill 6:30 pm
Greenfield McClain vs Portsmouth 8:15 pm

GO CAVS!!! 2008 D2 STATE CHAMPS!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Chillicothe Hoops Showcase Dec 5-6

Post by pfloyd »

... hitchbone - what time do the doors open on Saturday? ...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

pfloyd wrote:... hitchbone - what time do the doors open on Saturday? ...

Should open about 12:15...I need to confirm at wrap up meeting tomorrow night and will post back.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I can't wait. Good to see you posting on here Hitchbone64. I haven't seen you in a while on here.

GO CAVS

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

why the hell are we last game,,,,,we always get last game!

only kidding :lol:

going to try to make a day of it on saturday.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Anyone know anything about Cincinnati Clark Montesorri? I know they are a magnet school thats about it. I looked on their website, they offer sports such as swimming, diving, fencing and such, and they are a D IV school. Looks like a fun Saturday lineup to watch. Looking forward to it.

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

Hitchbone good to hear from you. Been wondering where the heck you have been. What is the roster for the Cavalier boy's? Glad to see Humpty making nice contributions for the Zip's. You know that you are the voice of the Cav's!!!! Go Cav's!!! Refuse to lose!!!!!!

basketball 101
Waterboy

Post by basketball 101 »

greenfield and portsmouth should be a very good game

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

scooterdawg wrote:Hitchbone good to hear from you. Been wondering where the heck you have been. What is the roster for the Cavalier boy's? Glad to see Humpty making nice contributions for the Zip's. You know that you are the voice of the Cav's!!!! Go Cav's!!! Refuse to lose!!!!!!

scooterdawg,

Don't be so kind "Voice of the Cav's" belongs to the one and only Dan Ramey. However, I do appreciate the compliment. I have been laying low, so Ms. Hitchbone does not run me out into the dog house.

Roster is up on the Cavs site. I will post my tommorrow (my bedtime now). Kids are looking good at practice. I actually believe they will be further along at the beginning of this year, then last year (depth wise). Once the football legs are gone, then the fun begins.

Hump's contributions for Akron are amazing to me. He has started 4 games and is on a roll right now. With Ronnie Steward now out 4 plus weeks, Hump willl get even more minutes. Akron plays my beloved Dayton Flyers Saturday night, so I have mixed emotions. I bleed Cavalier Blue, but get paid a little better because of my UD Flyer Red and Blue.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

BuckeyeCAV wrote:I can't wait. Good to see you posting on here Hitchbone64. I haven't seen you in a while on here.

GO CAVS

buckeyeCav, I think I posted on that other site (McDonalds does not mention the competition) that I have "a Basketball Jones". It is back, alive and itching. I had a long conversation in the "Hat" tonight (setting up for the Hoops Showcase), with some big time area fans/players and frequenters of this sites. My juices are now flowing and I am ready to lace them up.

Long weekend upcoming, but I will be back in full force.

I have been gone a while because I really struggle posting during Football season, as my Cavs should have made the Final Four and I get to critical. I blame Ms. Hitchbone, but it is my mouth and my pen, that can get me in hotwater with the school execs. We love to hate one another and hate to love one another. Yet, it is all in good fun and all about the kids.

My quote on "Refuse to Lose" stuck for two years and made some t-shirts, so I am working real hard on one for this years kids. I need to be creative, but maybe we take a poll on the quote that goes on a shirt that the CBBC sales at tourney time.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

hitchbone64....You have a PM and I got your PM. Looking forward to being there Saturday for Jackson and Larry Jordan vs. Southeastern. See you then.

Army
S

Post by Army »

hitchbone64 wrote:
scooterdawg wrote:Hitchbone good to hear from you. Been wondering where the heck you have been. What is the roster for the Cavalier boy's? Glad to see Humpty making nice contributions for the Zip's. You know that you are the voice of the Cav's!!!! Go Cav's!!! Refuse to lose!!!!!!

scooterdawg,

Don't be so kind "Voice of the Cav's" belongs to the one and only Dan Ramey. However, I do appreciate the compliment. I have been laying low, so Ms. Hitchbone does not run me out into the dog house.

Roster is up on the Cavs site. I will post my tommorrow (my bedtime now). Kids are looking good at practice. I actually believe they will be further along at the beginning of this year, then last year (depth wise). Once the football legs are gone, then the fun begins.

Hump's contributions for Akron are amazing to me. He has started 4 games and is on a roll right now. With Ronnie Steward now out 4 plus weeks, Hump willl get even more minutes. Akron plays my beloved Dayton Flyers Saturday night, so I have mixed emotions. I bleed Cavalier Blue, but get paid a little better because of my UD Flyer Red and Blue.

I am glad to hear Hump is doing great at Akron. Good to see you back Hitchnone64! Another great season for the CAVS starts tomorrow. I think the SEOAL will be more balanced this year, but hopefully our CAVS will come out on top. Hopefully, if we have to play at that nemesis place this year for the DOC Title Game, that is, if we are so blessed to do so, we can cut their nets down in front of them this year. :-D

I was sad to see our CAVS lose in week 2 in the football playoffs. I thought they would at least make it to week 3 or 4 too.

I wonder how SE-Ross will play against their old coach Larry Jordan and the Jackson Ironmen? That one should be interesting. Likewise, the Portsmouth verses Greenfield McClain game. I know Trojandave must be pumped.

I like the Refuse to Lose slogan. What's the one for this season? Last year sadly, I had to watch the scores on SEOPS go back and forth on the computer as I was serving in Japan. It was almost a day ahead over there and I was at the BOQ in the lobby room on one of the computers they had. There were several NAVY Personnel in the room wondering why this Soldier was cheering to a computer screen until I told them what was going on. :-D

When the CAVS won the State Title, I jumped up and said they did it, drinks on me, and I bought everybody a soda from the pop machine for those in the Lobby of the BOQ. I hope our CAVS have another great season.

GO CAVS :!:

GO BIG Blue and White to Victory :!:

Refuse To Lose :!:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I jumped up and said they did it, drinks on me, and I bought everybody a soda from the pop machine for those in the Lobby of the BOQ.

:122246 :lol: :lol:

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Will these games be played at Chillicothe High School or at OUCH?

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Hey Hitchbone,

I noticed seniors 13 Michael Hamilton 5’11” G and 33 Alex Grow 5’9” G from the State Title Team last year are not on the roster this year. Did they opt not to play this season for the CAVS?

2008-2009 Chillicothe Varsity
No. Name Ht. Pos. Gr
5 Brandon Beverly 6’1 G 10
12 Gregg Van Volkinburg* 6’4 F 12
13 Landon Beverly 6’0 G 11
14 Caleb Knights* 6’1 G 12
15 Michael Turner* 5’10 G 11
21 Ron Smith* 6’5 F/C 12
22 Jalen Ragland 6’3 F 10
23 Jordan Benson* 6”4 F 12
24 Donta Thompson 5’10 G 11
25 Eric Young 5’11 G 12
32 Seth Dawes* 6’4 F 12
34 James VanVoorhis* 6’4 F 12
42 Shay Netter 5’11 F 11
45 Malik London 6’8 C 9
*Returning Letter Winner

2008-2009 Chillicothe Junior Varsity
No. Name Ht. Pos. Gr
3 Tyler Manion 5’7 G 10
4 Travis Hess 5’10 G/F 10
5 Isaac Beverly 6’0 G 10
11 Timmy Dunbar 5”10 G 11
12 Zach Bayless 5’7 G 11
22 Brandon Miller 5’10 F 10
22 Cameron Lowe 5’10 F 10
23 Madison Simmons 5’10 F 9
24 Brandon Beverly 6’1 G/F 10
32 Nate Winston 6’1 F 11
33 Chris Claytor 5’11 F 10
40 Brooke Lynch 6’0 F 10
44 Luke Ramsey 6’2 F 10

GO CAVS :!:
Last edited by BuckeyeCAV on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

cant wait to get a look at this years Trojans, alomg with some other teams tomorow.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Looking forward to watching those last 3 ball games on Saturday, should be some good ones...

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Going to be some great games!

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

Does anyone know if you can leave the gym then reenter later without having to buy another ticket?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

5 & 6 what teams won lastnight

Return to “Boys Basketball”