Best Stomp?

Who has the most effective game changing ref scaring stomp?

Total votes: 0

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: Best Stomp?

Post by soccerfix »

When Dan Bise was at Waverly nobody could stomp like him. 6ft 8 inches about 350 lbs with a size 15 shoe. We're talking echoes!!!!!!!!

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

Green Eagle; I would have to agree that Coach Caldwell has the best stomp, but getting refs to change thier calls??? I think that may be stretching it a bit.
One of the primary reasons why he does it is to get the kids attention.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

How does gilligan stomp that loud?????? Last year in Lancerland i thought he was going to go through the floor.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

No doubt Howie is the top stomper. For the ladies, Renee Barnes, GAHS coach, is a pretty good stomper.

allsport12
Waterboy

Post by allsport12 »

I heard Howie's wife once got him a pair of penny loafers for christmas and he took them back because the soles were too soft and didnt SMACK when he stomped. LOL

earp
S

Post by earp »

I am going to go with the Norm Persin hair rake personally!You know he has an official in his sights when he does that!Or maybe when he tosses the towel over his shoulder and paces in front of the bench! :lol: True though nobody stomps like Howie! :lol:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I know it's not a stomp, but Coach Copley from Minford has a whistle than can silence a gymnasium. I've seen this on numerous occasions, he whistles, and both student sections get quiet, and both teams and all the refs freeze and look at him. I always thought this was a plus for a coach to be able to get their players attention like that.

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

I don't know if you guys forgot or not. But the most scary ref stomp that i have ever seen was Coach Randy Ward. I mean he's not called the little general for nothing.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

what about koondogger she likes to stomp also

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I'm talkin about Norm Persin yanking his pants up. My daughters actually tallied how many times he did this a game at the convo one year. He also does the hair rake and the towel over the shoulder.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Nothing compares to the tantrums that Scott Wolfe from Southern has done. The fake heart attack to get a timeout was classic :!: :!: :!: :lol:

sportsgoofy
Waterboy

Post by sportsgoofy »

NO stomping tonight!!

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Is Scott Wolfe still coaching?

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

allsport12 wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 pm I heard Howie's wife once got him a pair of penny loafers for christmas and he took them back because the soles were too soft and didnt SMACK when he stomped. LOL
The stomp and stare are not dead yet. I know this because the refs stomped and stared and scared the heII out of Howdy at NY last week. All the while the Buckeyes were beating the brakes off of the weecats. 😂

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Pat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:59 am
allsport12 wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 pm I heard Howie's wife once got him a pair of penny loafers for christmas and he took them back because the soles were too soft and didnt SMACK when he stomped. LOL
The stomp and stare are not dead yet. I know this because the refs stomped and stared and scared the heII out of Howdy at NY last week. All the while the Buckeyes were beating the brakes off of the weecats. 😂
Same thing happened last night. :mrgreen:

Waterford 68

Trimble 44

The Voice aka LR
Waterboy

Post by The Voice aka LR »

I believe that once we get that new gym built the acoustics will allow the STOMP to once again be completely effective in scaring refs and opposing coaches.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

The Voice aka LR wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:37 am I believe that once we get that new gym built the acoustics will allow the STOMP to once again be completely effective in scaring refs and opposing coaches.
😂 I hope you’re right LR.

Return to “Boys Basketball”