Portsmouth 74 @ South Webster 48

TrojanXplosion
S

Portsmouth 74 @ South Webster 48

Post by TrojanXplosion »

What does everyone think. Hopefully Cadogen will be back for the Trojans. Either way, the Trojans will have a HUGE size advantage. I'll take Portsmouth by 30.

alabama mike
SE

Re: Portsmouth @ South Webster

Post by alabama mike »

Portsmouth wins big. Of course I said that about West over nd as well.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Boys you guys seen the only teams that will compete in Webster in 3 years ago. Back to the homecoming games again. Also coach saw it and left.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

FalconFan wrote:What does everyone think. Hopefully Cadogen will be back for the Trojans. Either way, the Trojans will have a HUGE size advantage. I'll take Portsmouth by 30.

What happened to Cadogen? And being a biased South Webster fan, I'm going to say Webster will at least keep the score respectable...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hopefully the Trojans will come out with some fire and intensity in the first quarter........and carry it throughout the game.......if they do that, they will tough to beat for any opponent.........

Tobias: It was their first game of the year.......McClain played the previous night.......the kids were probably a little over pumped for the game and tried to force things a little bit too much early on.....after that, they settled down quite nicely...........44 points in the second half.........unheard of against a McClain team......

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Webster will be improved this year, but they don't have the horses to beat Portsmouth. They better not try to run with them, so attempt to shorten the game with a deliberate offense. They'll have to zone the Trojans as they can't match up athletically. If Portsmouth is hitting from the outside, this could get ugly. I'll say...

Portsmouth 66
Webster 45.

14U: and you know what, Webster is the only SOC school with a state championship to their resume. I guarantee those other schools scheduling them for "homecoming" would trade a few rough years for a state championship.*

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

always love watching games out at Webster.

loking forward to it.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

art_vandelay
Nothing bad about your Jeeps but they had a freak 3 year run after 50 years of basketball. Also some help with a Ironton boy maybe somebody else? who knows. All I'm saying is it back to the Jeeps of old. Everybody has a good team in school history but some just reload year after year. Portsmouth was the team of many decades with the last 5 being a homecoming team. Burg has always been good and always will. Portsmouth and Burg has been in the final 4 many times with Ptown winning 4 titles. Burg has been runner ups twice? I told many people from Webster to enjoy those 3 years when you guys won it because they will not see another team like that again. Good Luck and hope you prove me wrong.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Like I said on another thread, this trojan team can be realy good,,esp IF, they play as a team, listen to ALL of their coaches, and buy into what the coaches expect of them, there is a boat load of talent on this team, and if they let coaches teach them how to use it,they will be ok.

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

Good Luck Jeeps!!!
Games will start @ 5 p.m. Freshmen, JV, Varsity all play tomorrow! Good Luck to all teams!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Thank You for the info basketballparent I'm going to try to make all 3.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Just came home from watching the game at Webster........I have to say the Trojans look alot different this year. I believe it is due to adding Coach Collins to the bench......no disrespect to Coach Shoe, but the kids had an attitude defensively I haven't seen in the previous two years. Great job!

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

First off congrats' Trojans' on the easy win. I just want to know why it was nessacary to press almost the whole game...And to the Trojan bench...physically touching the opposing team while throwing it in while up by 30? Neither team showed a lot of class tonight from what I seen with the talking to the refs, but man alive....

Rant over...

Now, back to the game...When ever South Webster slowed the ball down and ran a play, they actually executed better than I thought they would. Portsmouth was just too quick for South Webster to get in a run-and-gun type of game. Not one individual stood out, which is what they need-- a go to scorer. Just buck up and get ready for Friday... GO JEEPS!

Keagan
Riding the Bench

Post by Keagan »

Portsmouth was a good team tonight quick, athletic, hitting the open shots. Webster looked really good when they ran plays, well the first two. When the 1 3 1 came out, it was turnover time. The kids need to quit shaking there heads, worring about the other bench in the first place, and play basketball. If Webster plays perfect the last three quarters it is still hard to come back from that big of a gap, one portsmouth player had 17 pts first quarter. What did that guy end up with?? Webster JV team looked really good tonight, couple of the young kids really stepped up. Good luck friday. GO JEEPS!!!!!!

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Can See All wrote:First off congrats' Trojans' on the easy win. I just want to know why it was nessacary to press almost the whole game...And to the Trojan bench...physically touching the opposing team while throwing it in while up by 30? Neither team showed a lot of class tonight from what I seen with the talking to the refs, but man alive....

Rant over...

Now, back to the game...When ever South Webster slowed the ball down and ran a play, they actually executed better than I thought they would. Portsmouth was just too quick for South Webster to get in a run-and-gun type of game. Not one individual stood out, which is what they need-- a go to scorer. Just buck up and get ready for Friday... GO JEEPS!

you cant be serious??

I wasnt at the game, but lisytened on the radio, they said Portsmouth had some starters out, early in the third,and then had them all out early in the 4th.
and IF,you are from webster you have no room to talk, remember just a couple os short years ago, when Aldridge,and Waginger was there??..how many times dod they bust the score on opposing teams?...and kept starters in until very late in the 4th?...I can tel you one,when I was watching a play of game at Valley,and they played East...east couldnt even get the bal acros mid court,and Webster pressed the entires game,even though the game was way out of hand in the first querter.

sit back,and take what you ask for, is the way I seen it.

by the way, Roger said they was up by over 40 at one time,before the starters came out,and said Portsmouyth could have hung 100 on them if they wanted,so sounds like a classy move by Portsmouth coaches....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Keagan wrote:Portsmouth was a good team tonight quick, athletic, hitting the open shots. Webster looked really good when they ran plays, well the first two. When the 1 3 1 came out, it was turnover time. The kids need to quit shaking there heads, worring about the other bench in the first place, and play basketball. If Webster plays perfect the last three quarters it is still hard to come back from that big of a gap, one portsmouth player had 17 pts first quarter. What did that guy end up with?? Webster JV team looked really good tonight, couple of the young kids really stepped up. Good luck friday. GO JEEPS!!!!!!

Tory Horne

had 17 in the first,and 19 at halftime,,,thats what he finished with, he was on the bench a lot in the second half.

good luck to webster, this year.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

sportsfan43 wrote:
Can See All wrote:First off congrats' Trojans' on the easy win. I just want to know why it was nessacary to press almost the whole game...And to the Trojan bench...physically touching the opposing team while throwing it in while up by 30? Neither team showed a lot of class tonight from what I seen with the talking to the refs, but man alive....

Rant over...

you cant be serious??

I wasnt at the game, but lisytened on the radio, they said Portsmouth had some starters out, early in the third,and then had them all out early in the 4th.
and IF,you are from webster you have no room to talk, remember just a couple os short years ago, when Aldridge,and Waginger was there??..how many times dod they bust the score on opposing teams?...and kept starters in until very late in the 4th?...I can tel you one,when I was watching a play of game at Valley,and they played East...east couldnt even get the bal acros mid court,and Webster pressed the entires game,even though the game was way out of hand in the first querter.

sit back,and take what you ask for, is the way I seen it.

by the way, Roger said they was up by over 40 at one time,before the starters came out,and said Portsmouyth could have hung 100 on them if they wanted,so sounds like a classy move by Portsmouth coaches....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ok, I said unclassy on both teams part, and the east game you are talking about...that's tourney time, a whole different story than the beginning of the season. (Getting the players used to playing 4 whole quarters) But seeing as you have knowledge of the game you would know that. And the thing that really got me was their bench messing with the person throwing the ball in. You cannot deny that this was unclassy. Again I'll say it, NEITHER TEAM ACTED APPROPIATLY IN THE GIVEN SITUATIONS. Truce?

Keagan
Riding the Bench

Re: Portsmouth 74 @ South Webster 48

Post by Keagan »

Biggdowgg
Thanks, he had a sweet shot. I thought the rains was pulled back some in the second quater myself.

trojan7
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth 74 @ South Webster 48

Post by trojan7 »

I agree that is unclassy but I wasn't there (unfortunately) but I can see why Portsmouth could have pressed most of the game. After the years we've had the coaches have preached DEFENSE and playing with the same intensity throughout the entire game. Thus by them pressing and keeping the heat up on defense and being intense is trying to instill into these players (even the bench or players coming up) to play tough the entire game. Unfortunately the game got out of hand score wise and Webster just couldn't matchup with the Trojans. But like someone said the game could've been worse had Portsmouth kept their starters in. Very impressed by Tory Horne watching him at McClain and then hearing from tonight and I only hope he continues to improve. Good luck to both teams on the rest of the season

Go Trojans!

Return to “Boys Basketball”