LOGAN @ VINTON COUNTY TUESDAY 12/9/08

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

LOGAN @ VINTON COUNTY TUESDAY 12/9/08

Post by VIKED_MAN »

It's been awhile. Time to loosen up my fingers and do some talkin'.
'Tis basketball season ya know. Wish the best to all area teams this year, and a good season to the Vikes.
This should be a good matchup. What's everyone's thoughts.
I believe this is a triple header too.
GO VIKES

bleedpurple
Waterboy

Re: LOGAN @ VINTON COUNTY TUESDAY 12/9/08

Post by bleedpurple »

Well...... Drove down to new Gym Friday night.... It it was great seeing the new gym open ... the basketball game was another story.
If Logan is coached the way they were Friday its going to be a Long Season.
Logan and Viks should be a great game. Some of these fellows have played ball together and against each other.
good luck to both teams..

outwide2008
Waterboy

Post by outwide2008 »

It may be a good game, but vinton wont have an answer for P.Bug.
I know they like the allen kid, but P.Bug is men amongst boys on the court.
logan by 12

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Get ready to play a physical basketball game inside. Logan usually plays basketball like they do football in the SEOAL. I am saying the Chieftians have a chance, but the VC home court advantage does play into this game to.

Best success to both teams!

Should be a great game to watch.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

This is an opportunity for Logan to rebound and for VC to build on the season's success. This early in the season, things could go either way but I do agree that Home Court advantage is a definate plus.

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

i dont know much about logan this year..but i do know that the past few years with luke wright and that class they've under achieved.------they seem to always have a good amount of talent but never en up being as successfiul as they should be...that being said...and me being a vc grad...i'm going to take the vikes by ten. low scoreing game too.. this years vc team is built for deffense..they dnt really have anyone on offense that has stepped up and said hey ill be that guy...still searching for an identity...but they'll figure it out .........

------vike 59-49...doofer with three three's and grillo leads in points and assists......start shooting grillo!

bleedpurple
Waterboy

Post by bleedpurple »

I could not agree with you more primetime.
But its not going to change there were some young men that could have seen some court time friday night. Heck the starters were down at one time 15 or more. It can't and should not be up to 1 player to carry the team no fault of his own as the coaches put him in that position. Oh well another season.....
Good luck to both teams .......

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the last regular season contest between these 2 schools had Coach Combs bringing his Vikings into the Katie and knocking off the Purple on Logan's Senior Night ... Tuesday night's early season get together has Logan heading for McArthur - my Ouija Board has my Purple returning the favor to Coach Combs Tuesday night ... the Purple imo is more physical than this seasons VC squad - Logan rebounds from all positions - Angle/Mays/Rutter from the perimeter , King/Dietz are both quicker on the glass than Prater/Guthrie/Reed... quickness is fairly even with Mays/Abram/Rutter matching up well with Allen/Grillo/Lawhead ... VC will have to show me a perimeter game offensively while Logan has proven perimeter scoring in Angle/Rutter/Mays ... the WIld Card will be Patrick Angle - I don't see anyone from VC being able to contain Angle - he can shoot the 3 ball, physical enough to go inside vs the VC big people, and he can get to the rim ... I see Logan's strength forcing Coach Combs to go to his bench - advantage Logan ... I don't see the depth in the VC attack this season as was there in past years ... with all of that said - the game isn't played on paper, we will see how the Ouija Board did with it's info come Tuesday night ... best of luck to both teams ... is this one a 3 game night - freshmen, jv, varsity or just the usual jv/varsity contests?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Logan takes it by 9

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

My schedule says it is a triple-header starting at five.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

There was some sort of mixup, and there is no frosh game. JV starts at 6PM.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

This will be a very good early season test for both teams. I look for the Vikes to pull out the victory at home. Look for Angle and Guthrie to both have another big night.
Good Luck to both teams.
VC 68
Logan 60

bleedpurple
Waterboy

Post by bleedpurple »

Taking Chiefs on this one...... but all of the team needs to bring something to the court... Dietz, Colliton, King need to be more aggressive on the boards... to big not to be... Rutter was not the impressive shooting but defense was pretty good Friday evening against the Charles ...I do not thing that Vinton has anybody close to Angle,,,, Team work coaches and players..... team work, Good luck Chiefs .

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

This should be a very good temperature taker for both teams. I really don't know that much about Logan except that Angle is the "real deal". If VC brings their A game and plays team ball they should get the "W".
Good luck to both teams.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

bleedpurple wrote: I do not thing that Vinton has anybody close to Angle,,,,

I thing or think to say VC has no one close is a pretty bold statement. Angle is a good ball player but Charles didnt have anyone "close" to him either and we see how that one turned out.
I look for Guthrie to have another double digit scoring effort in this one. Prater will be a force underneath, too big not to be, and Grillo is one of the best points in the area. Not to mention Allen will probably be the most athetic kid in the Gym. Plus the game is in McArthur VC going away 69-52

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

takes more than one kid to win a game. gotta be able to play as a team and not rely on one or two players.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Vinton County doesnt usually lose at home. Thats why i am going with the Vikings in this one.

VC 60
Logan 51

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

After watching the foundation game against Warren, this years version of VC is not comparable to last years. Lucky this game is at home where you can get that TVC advantage (famous around the state). VC has no answer for Angle, interesting to see how much he gets to play.

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

eaglefan1 wrote:Vinton County doesnt usually lose at home. Thats why i am going with the Vikings in this one.

VC 60
Logan 51

There's a reason they don't usually lose at home. Only a select few officials ever work games at Vinton County. They all happen to be in Combs' hip pocket. Wouldn't surprise me if VC wins this one. Logan will have a tough time playing 5 on 8.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Wow sounds like Logan is making excuses already.

Return to “Boys Basketball”