Chillicothe @ Gallia Academy Tuesday 12-16-08

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Chillicothe @ Gallia Academy Tuesday 12-16-08

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Well it's the opening SEOAL game for the Cavaliers. The CAVS will be heading down to the French City to take on the Blue Devils on Tuesday Dec 12, 2008.

Chillicothe is coming off a 50-39 win over powershouse Cincinnati North College Hill at home yesterday at the Hoops Classic. They will have 10 days to get ready for the match-up against the Blue Devils. What's Gallia Academy have this season? Looking forward to watching this game. I'll have to stop with the kids at the Shake Shoppe, a classic place in Gallipolis before heading over to the gym. Chillicothe is 4-0 against Gallipolis since entering the SEOAL in 2006 in basketball.

GO CAVS :!:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chillicothe @ Gallia Academy Tuesday 12-16-08

Post by Ironman92 »

When you come to Jackson you can get your hair cut at Jackson's Shake Shoppe! lol

Chilly by 20+

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Why, is that what they turned the old Shake Shoppe into in Jackson. A barber shop?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

North Hills is not the powerhouse that they were at one time.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

the Pizza at GAHS concession stands is the best pizza i've ever had at a game

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Sorry to say, I look for the CAVS to win big in this matchup. I don't see much change concerning 2006, 2007 and now 2008 between these two teams. :-D

CAVS roll and get ready for Ironton next!

noreply66 wrote:North Hills is not the powerhouse that they were at one time.

That may be true TO AN EXTENT, but I don't see any teams in our SEOAL defeating them besides maybe Zanesville and Portsmouth. I can't say whether Ironton would or would not. To our understanding, Ironton has some transfers to their team this season that was not there last year. It would be close most likely verses the Fighting Tigers if they had to play at Ironton.

The Cincinnati North College Hill Trojans would most likely roll over Jackson, Gallipolis (Gallia Academy), Logan, Warren Local and Marietta in basketball if they were in our SEOAL.

Here is the write up by WBEX.

http://www.wbex.com/pages/cavsbasketball.html

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Cavs need to take care of business on the defensive end in this one. It is early in the year and offensives will slowly come around. However, D, can be played everynight. I loved the Cavs defensive intensity against North College Hill. With the exception of guarding the 3 ball, we handled dribble penetration and picks very well.

Not sure what Gallia has, but any game on the road in league play is tough. I expect the veteran Senior leaders to have big games (Dawes, Smith, Knights and Benson). Dawes has double/double potential each night. Combined with Knights floor play and then the inside/outside games of Smith and Benson, they should set the stage.

Finally Turner played a big game against North College Hill considering it was his first big time minutes in a game. He is a junior but a veteran as a Regional Finalist and State Champ. It is extremely valuable for him to go against Beverly and Hitchens day in and day out in practice.

The bench will continue to develop and I believe will need to give us solid minutes on the road as foul trouble always comes into play.

One game at a time this year. No looking forward, no looking backwards. Stay in the moment.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Couldn't have stated any better!

Army
S

Post by Army »

hitchbone64 wrote:Cavs need to take care of business on the defensive end in this one. It is early in the year and offensives will slowly come around. However, D, can be played everynight. I loved the Cavs defensive intensity against North College Hill. With the exception of guarding the 3 ball, we handled dribble penetration and picks very well.

Not sure what Gallia has, but any game on the road in league play is tough. I expect the veteran Senior leaders to have big games (Dawes, Smith, Knights and Benson). Dawes has double/double potential each night. Combined with Knights floor play and then the inside/outside games of Smith and Benson, they should set the stage.

Finally Turner played a big game against North College Hill considering it was his first big time minutes in a game. He is a junior but a veteran as a Regional Finalist and State Champ. It is extremely valuable for him to go against Beverly and Hitchens day in and day out in practice.

The bench will continue to develop and I believe will need to give us solid minutes on the road as foul trouble always comes into play.

One game at a time this year. No looking forward, no looking backwards. Stay in the moment.

Hopefully our Chillicothe CAVS will not take anyone lightly this year. The game with Gallipolis should be a walk in the park for the CAVS if they play to their potential. This game should be a warm-up one for the coming match-up with Ironton.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Army wrote:
hitchbone64 wrote:Cavs need to take care of business on the defensive end in this one. It is early in the year and offensives will slowly come around. However, D, can be played everynight. I loved the Cavs defensive intensity against North College Hill. With the exception of guarding the 3 ball, we handled dribble penetration and picks very well.

Hopefully our Chillicothe CAVS will not take anyone lightly this year. The game with Gallipolis should be a walk in the park for the CAVS if they play to their potential. This game should be a warm-up one for the coming match-up with Ironton.

Army,

Coach K. will not let any of the kids take anybody lightly. Quite frankly the senior leadership on this team will not let anyone take a game lightly. Dawes and Knights have been in to many wars, along with games where we just did not play well againt teams we should beat.

That said, this is our 2nd game (after a layoff) and on the road. I despise Tuesday night games. In the end, I will repeat, defense will win these games early. The offense will come around. We should hold GA and other teams in the mid 40's to low 50's. If we do this, our balanced scoring and our ability to score in transition will keep us solid.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 D2 STATE CHAMPS!!!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I agree with that hichbone64. The layoff may factor in some, but hopefully Coach K has been running some hard practices for the kids.

GO CAVS!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Well the CAVS are back in action tonight weather permitting. This is the opening SEOAL game for the CAVS as they head to Gallipolis to take on the Blue Devils of Gallia Academy.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

No school today in ice-slick Gallia County. Weather may change by this evening.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Just dropped the kids off at Mt. Logan Grade School. It snowed here last night but it just put a dusting on the ground in Chillicothe.

I don't know about Chillicothe's policy playing against teams that cancel due to weather. I think we have played games against schools in the past that have cancelled due to weather, but I am not sure as of what the policy is of late.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

No makeup date set for tonight's postponed GAHS-Chillicothe game.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Get out the sleds!!!!!!!!!!!! time to hit the slope at Rio!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Here is info concerning the make-up game from WBEX:

Due to the winter storm bringing snow, sleet and freezing rain through southern Ohio, the 12/16 matchup with Gallia Academy has been postponed until January 6th. That night's lineup will feature a tripleheader, led by the Freshman game at 5:00pm, followed by the JV's at 6:00pm and then the Varsity contest.

With the delay, the Cavs will not take the court until Friday at Ironton, meaning a 13 day layoff from game action for coach Kellough's team.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

BuckeyeCav...Where do the junior high (7th and 8th graders) play their games in Chillicothe? Thanks.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Jottings wrote:BuckeyeCav...Where do the junior high (7th and 8th graders) play their games in Chillicothe? Thanks.

In the new Junior High Gym. Directly across the street from the YMCA.

Return to “Boys Basketball”