Freshman Team

Belpre@Warren

Post by belpreboy92 »

Thoughts?

bankshot
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre@Warren

Post by bankshot »

should be a great athletic game...i think both teams will try to push the ball up the floor and get some quick scores... should be a hard fought physical game(like always) but i think the warriors win it underneath....

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Belpre will get outcoached in this game, just like they did last year.

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

belpre didnt get out coached last year..they jus outplayed. the eagles and coach plummer will be more prepared this year and already have one game under their belt. i think belpre will fix the mistakes they had against megis and will come out with a victory at warren....itll be close, but im picking belpre. good luck to both teams.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

There was numerous games i saw last year where Belpre was way more talented than the other team, but lost the game. Thats called getting outcoached. Yes, there were some games where Belpre got outplayed (i did not see all the games), but its the coaches job to get the players prepared and obviously they arent that well prepared.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

If Belpre can eliminate some of the turnovers and make their layups they can pull off the upset over a good Warren team.They also need to use some of their depth and keep fresh players on the floor.They have some good young players on the bench that can contribute when the starters get tired.Plummer needs to use them more.I say Belpre wins a close one by 3 points.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Prodigy wrote:There was numerous games i saw last year where Belpre was way more talented than the other team, but lost the game. Thats called getting outcoached. Yes, there were some games where Belpre got outplayed (i did not see all the games), but its the coaches job to get the players prepared and obviously they arent that well prepared.

Get beat by 50 last year had more to do with Warren being more talented than coaching.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I don't know that Warren's talent level has decreased, but Belpre will be the first game action that counts (Foundation gm nonwithstanding)

Warren's not going to dominate Belpre like last year.
But we are going to win, roughly by 12.

Should be much more entertaining than any Warren-Belpre matchup since the '07 football game, though. (which Warren won 14-13)

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

If Belpre cant beat Meigs..then I dont see them beating Warren...especially at Warren. Hopefully I'm wrong and they pull off the upset...Go Eagles!

And IMO Belpre was far outcoached last year against Warren. Dont get me wrong...I'm not saying we had better players at all..but it was pretty obvious we were outcoached.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Yeah, belpre got beat by 50 because the coach didnt prepare them properly. Warren was the better team and had better athletes last year. But, they werent 50 points better. Plummer didnt get the kids prepared to play.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

i don't think it was the coaches fault...u can only teach the kids the things they want to learn...when they all already know everything..or should i say think they know everything...it is really hard to coach a team like that...i think that coach plummer is a great coach just in the wrong program...i personally think coach plummer could out coach any gven coach on any given night...if he had the players that wanted to be coached...

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Warren big in this one.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

bankshot wrote:i don't think it was the coaches fault...u can only teach the kids the things they want to learn...when they all already know everything..or should i say think they know everything...it is really hard to coach a team like that...i think that coach plummer is a great coach just in the wrong program...i personally think coach plummer could out coach any gven coach on any given night...if he had the players that wanted to be coached...

FINALLY SOMEONE GETTS IT!!!! OMG!
Bankshot thank you so so much!!!!! One thing I want to say is all of those out there that throw all their hatred to the coach, all coaches get a 1 YEAR contract renewed and reevaluated every year. All I can say is put your name in the hat and show us what you have!!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Give Plummer a break, first year, new system, new style, all that stuff.

Now is when the evaluation begins.
And the Belpre fans won't like it come Thursday morning.

Saving my pick for Wednesday.

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

This could be a gret game. The thing with Belpre is that you never know what team is going to show up. One night they will play amazing and then the next you'd think they were punks and have never played a game in their life. I hope Belpre wins but it depends on who shows up to play

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

otterslide wrote:
bankshot wrote:i don't think it was the coaches fault...u can only teach the kids the things they want to learn...when they all already know everything..or should i say think they know everything...it is really hard to coach a team like that...i think that coach plummer is a great coach just in the wrong program...i personally think coach plummer could out coach any gven coach on any given night...if he had the players that wanted to be coached...

Bankshot thank you so so much!!!!! One thing I want to say is all of those out there that throw all their hatred to the coach, all coaches get a 1 YEAR contract renewed and reevaluated every year. All I can say is put your name in the hat and show us what you have!!

You call yourself a true Belpre fan and you agree with Hateraid on another post and with this guy's bashing our kids,who happen to be some of the same kids you coach in football.As a coach you shouldn't be on this site bashing any Belpre player just to defend your coaching buddies. If they do evaluate the coaches on a yearly basis you should have never made it past 1 year.Hopefully someone on the board will see these comment you are making and add that to your evaluation.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

plummer knows basketball and will be a good coach.
it was said that plummer is in the wrong system but if a good coach cant be successful in your system, maybe the system should be evaluated... if your saying he can't be successful with these players-thats not the coaches fault.

warrens too good to get upset on their opening night at home.

warren big. hebb and tate each have 20.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Theres a BIG difference between knowing basketball and knowing how to coach basketball..

And I think I'll stay in school and finish getting my degree before I'm applying for any coaching jobs :122249 :roll:
The "board" does the "hiring" anyways...and I'm sure you know how that goes... :roll:

As for the game...you never know when these 2 teams get together...but I think Warren takes this one...hope I'm wrong though....GO EAGLES

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Here is the thing. Coach Plummber is a great guy. He puts every ounce into what he does. He has turned many things around in Belpre to help the kids. Unfortunatly, some of the kids already think they know it all. That is just a teenage kid in my book. However, we as parents need to show our kids dedication, hard work, good ethics at home to make them successful on the basketball court, football field, or whatever it maybe.
What I don't think is fair is coming on here bashing the coaches and all knowing that these kids read this stuff everyday. How do we expect them to respect their coaches, teachers, and others by us adults doing this online for all to see. (and yes, I am just as guilty). I pride myself in teaching my kids respect NO MATTER who you are! And sometimes I am guilty of my own teachings.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
otterslide wrote:

You call yourself a true Belpre fan and you agree with Hateraid on another post and with this guy's bashing our kids,who happen to be some of the same kids you coach in football.As a coach you shouldn't be on this site bashing any Belpre player just to defend your coaching buddies. If they do evaluate the coaches on a yearly basis you should have never made it past 1 year.Hopefully someone on the board will see these comment you are making and add that to your evaluation.

Teenage kids do think they know everything. That is just the way teenage kids are. What is bad is the kids see this stuff and thrive on it. I haven't bashed a kid yet. Do I think some need to step up? Yes! I think there is alot of potential out there with several kids. However, several just want things handed to them including my own at times.

Return to “Boys Basketball”