Peebles @ Eastern

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Peebles @ Eastern

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

Peebles is coming off a tough and very debatable loss to Alexander...and now has to go and play Eastern this Weekend...any predictions or thoughts about how this game will go????

slamdunk
Varsity

Re: Peebles @ Eastern

Post by slamdunk »

First I don't know how it could be a "debatable loss" to Alexander. The last I checked the final score of the game was in favor of Alexander by 1. Not too much debate there, and if you are talking about anything with the officiating, get over it. It was a fairly called game, Peebles just blew it PERIOD!!!!!! They looked dead tired in the fourth. This is not just my opinion either. It was opinion of a lot of people that were at the Convo on Saturday. A lot of people that I was sitting around was talking about how tired Peebles looked especially in the 4th.

Now to get on with the topic at hand. Peebles will more than likely come out on top in this one. Both teams lack a strong inside game and are guard oriented. But I think Peebles has the better athletes and scorers. Peebles by 12.

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

I agree that Peebles shouldn't have put themselves in the position to lose the game on an officiating call, but you just can't make that line call as close as it was with the game on the line...you let the game go into overtime and let the players play to see who wins the game.

I also think Peebles will perform well against Eastern especially if their defense holds up... they are allowing only about 50 pts a game on their opponents.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

A violation is a violation no matter how close it is. You can't just say "well it was close so we won't call it". That doesn't even make sense. But if you look at the other side of it, the foul should not have been called any way!! 99% of officials will not make a foul call on a loose ball with less than a second left. It just doesn't get called. So, Peebles caught a HUGE break by getting to the line anyway with a chance to win the game.

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

If you say so. But I think it is a shame that these two teams wont get a chance to meet up again this year. In retrospect though this loss should have taught the Peebles team a lot and should prepare them to not make the same mistakes in the future...

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

peeblesportsfan1391 wrote: In retrospect though this loss should have taught the Peebles team a lot and should prepare them to not make the same mistakes in the future...

AGREE 100% with this statement! Losses can help teams get better if they look to improve on mistakes made.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Peebles gave up at 15 point lead. They have no one to blame but themselves. The officiating was awful both ways.

That said....Peebles will destroy Eastern.

Peebles-68
Eastern-45

norman dale
Waterboy

Post by norman dale »

Peebles will destroy Eastern? There is, and I repeat, NO easy win in the Southern Hills League this season...any team has the possibility of beating any of the other teams on a given night. With that being said, it is Eastern's first league game, at home, and Rob will have his boys ready to play. I still think Peebles wins this game, but a blowout? Come on now... I say Peebles 56 Eastern 51

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I agree. Anything can and usually does, happen in the SHL and on any given night, anyone can beat anyone. Even the great North Adams can be beat. (maybe!) I think it will be a good game with Peebles coming out on top.
As for the Alexander game, I agree that Peebles should never have blown that lead, they should have actually blown Alexander away. But anyone who doesn't agree that the officiating was pretty terrible the 2nd half must have been in the concession stand line!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

why is the eastern vs peebles game on saturday and not friday?

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

It is definately a league game but Eastern needed to play it on Sat instead of Fri for some reason, that was planned a long time back.

Return to “Boys Basketball”