Waterboy

Western Indians V.S New Boston

Post by Baller55_2010 »

What's your thoughts :?:

Lightle04
SE

Re: Western Indians V.S New Boston

Post by Lightle04 »

Weatern should win if they play there game which starts on deffense and ball control.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

New Boston will be outmatched in this one.I think Western wins by 20.

stiff jr.
Waterboy

Post by stiff jr. »

western will need to play good hard defense and stop salisbury from getiing in his comfort zone...they play d they win big

basketball
Waterboy

Post by basketball »

I agree Wetsern should win on paper, but it is at New Boston and in that gym home court advantage is something to take into consideration. New Bopston alwasy plays well at home.

AssistMachine
Waterboy

Post by AssistMachine »

I think that western will win but they will have to play hard an stop Salisbary from catching fire.......it will be hard New Boston always play good at there place.....but they dont have big playres to stop Shanks or Smithson.........we will have to see

C.O.T.C.
Waterboy

Post by C.O.T.C. »

of course western should win but the question is "Will western have the heart and determination to go out and beat the former soc champs in their own gym?" Because new boston always plays their heart out in there own gym and the indians will have to be the team that truley are to pull out a good win!!!

C.O.T.C.
Waterboy

Post by C.O.T.C. »

And western has alwayz been the team to beat in every soc1 coaches eyes!!! Because the alwayz have a good strong program!!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

C.O.T.C. wrote:And western has alwayz been the team to beat in every soc1 coaches eyes!!! Because the alwayz have a good strong program!!!!

Do you mean this season?

If not, there was a time when Western was not soooo strong. I would imagine that time is coming again very soon (next season :razz: )

stiff jr.
Waterboy

Post by stiff jr. »

if you think that western is not going to be strong next season you are highly incorrect...they will have cooper, bakenhaster, flint , smithson,satterfield, and ross,know your personel before making that coment

C.O.T.C.
Waterboy

Post by C.O.T.C. »

yes they will have flint, bakenhaster, cooper, satterfeild, smithson, and michael whites lil brother chris white who i will honestly tell ya he has improved and there is no way any1 can get past his strong defence so you honestly dont know what u r talkin about!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

C.O.T.C. wrote:yes they will have flint, bakenhaster, cooper, satterfeild, smithson, and michael whites lil brother chris white who i will honestly tell ya he has improved and there is no way any1 can get past his strong defence so you honestly dont know what u r talkin about!!!

COTC and Stiffy are a little sensitive. I bet I do know what I'm talking about :lol:

Western may be "ok", but in the hunt for the SOC title will likely die this season for a while...

I could be wrong. I was once. But, then I thought about it and realized I made a mistake :lol:

In all seriousness, Western will be competitive. But, no Shanks, Penwell, or Smithson and you think they'll be just as good?????? No Way!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

less than 10 seconds left, tied 75-75

Indians win 77-75 on last second shot by Shanks! Congrats Western! Great job Tigers!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Many posters said:

Western should win if they play their game/
New Boston will be outmatched in this one/
Western wins by 20/
Western should win on paper/
Western will win/
Tigers don't have a big player to stop Shanks and Smithson/
Of Course, Western should win/
Western is the team to beat in every SOC I coaches eyes/
Western has a strong program/

The Tigers came to play tonight in their home opener. New Boston led after one 21-19, at the half 49-43. Western rallied in the third, down by 10 at 55-45 at the 6:00 minute mark. After 3, it was Indians 62-59. The final frame was a barn burner. The largest lead in the 4th was six by the Indians. The game was tied at 75-75 with less than 10 seconds to go. Smithson hits the winning basket with about 3 seconds to go. The Tigers had the last shot but it fell short. Congratulations Indians on your victory! It was a hard fought game and I hope the Tigers gained some respect as they fought to the end. Good Luck the rest of the season!
Last edited by a_c_m on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

I for one have to agree with Eaglesnest, Western will be DDDOOOWWWNNN next year.....But thats not until next year, and lets not worry about that....

AssistMachine
Waterboy

Post by AssistMachine »

An Smithson hit the winning shot

time out
Waterboy

Post by time out »

Smithson and Shanks play very will showing there strength. Hall manage the game very well with his ball handling & passes,Penwell shot the ball better. Western bench play a good role in the win from Flint,Massie . Still very little defence

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

C.O.T.C. wrote:yes they will have flint, bakenhaster, cooper, satterfeild, smithson, and michael whites lil brother chris white who i will honestly tell ya he has improved and there is no way any1 can get past his strong defence so you honestly dont know what u r talkin about!!!

i dont think YOU know what you are talkin about. chris white aint even playin!! so id like to know how you can honestly tell us that he has improved and how noone can get past his "strong defense"

Return to “Boys Basketball”