Adams County Holiday Classic

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Adams County Holiday Classic

Post by BALLER1 »

We are a week away from the first nights of the McDonalds classic. On Monday, Dec. 29th, you have Manchester vs West Union. On Tuesday, Dec. 30th, you have North Adams vs Peebles. I know most people are talking about the second nights match-up but what is everyones thoughts on both nights and the outcome of the whole classic. The other two nights are Jan. 2nd & 3rd.

Manchester vs. West Union-
Manchester came out to a rough start, losing to Washington Court House and Ironton. They have came out on top this weekend, first at Fayetteville then at Fairfield. West Union is off to a rough start but have have played some good teams. Fairland and North Adams are favors to go back to District. I believe this game will come down to guard play and I have to give an edge to Manchester. West Unions guards lack experience. Manchester by 10.

North Adams vs. Peebles-
Both ball teams are off to great starts like we all expected. I believe this will be a close game as long as Peebles can handle North Adams press and pressure "D". Peebles must come out and match NA's intensity, we know Dave will have them playing hard. I think Peebles must have more than the 3 step up and score. I am going to take North Adams by 5.

Conso. Game
Peebles vs West Union-
Peebles will win this one big as long as they can contain West Unions bigs. Justice, Seaman and Arnold will be to much for West Union.

Champ. Game
North Adams vs Manchester
This will be a rematch of last year. The game last year came down to the Greyhounds not being able to handle NA's press and pressure "D". With that being said, I believe they will do better at handling the press and make this a close game. With that being said, until someone knocks off North Adams, they are going to be the favor.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Adams County Holiday Classic

Post by noreply66 »

GO GREYHOUNDS

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Should be a fun week of SHL basketball.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

I tend to agree,peebles has the team to play with na,but if they continue to play a two man game,instead of playing as a team they will have a long night against north adams.Looks to me like personal stats instead of the idea of winning the game as a team or losing as a team.Poor shot selection,not hitting the open man,forcing shots when other guys are wide open has to change or they will not beat the really good teams.Looks to me like they should take more advantage of there speed and push the ball up the floor more.Like most indian fans i hope they can change a few things and make it a really good year.GO INDIANS

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I agree. Peebles is a team that has so many strengths and they are not being utilized. It has been said and I agree....kids have to know their roles and be willing to accept them and play them as asked. The supporting cast on this team are all very well aware of their roles but they are not being allowed to maximize those roles in the fullest capacity. There is no doubt in most peoples minds I think, that this team could be unstoppable if they play as a team.

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

For Peebles to win they must get their big guys involved. Seaman and Justice are going to get shots they just need to be patient and wait for great shots rather than taking just good shots(there is a difference). Tyler Arnold, Tyler Caudill, and Eric Collier must be involved. Peebles needs to be able to get the ball inside to those three players. THE KEY TO THE GAME WILL BE REBOUNDING. The team that has the most rebounds in this game will be the winning team. When WU was rebounding the ball and not committing stupid turnovers they were staying right with NA. Like WU, Peebles must rebound the ball if they want to beat NA.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

You make a great point about having the patience to wait for good shots. There are so many ways this team can score and those guys will still be leading scorers but this team can threaten in so many other ways. I don't like to mention individual kids by name honestly but yes, TC, Collier, TA are all good rebounders (when they box out and not try to just jump from behind someone) and definately need to be utilized, Nate Stephens is the quickest kid on the team by far and he has a valuable ability to see the floor, drive, and hit the open man, there again, leading to more opportunities for the 2 main scorers. Hopefully , we can get this all together. Again, this is a great group of kids that are very hard workers.

indiangirl
Waterboy

Post by indiangirl »

Looks to me like personal stats instead of the idea of winning the game as a team or losing as a team

There you go again...looks to me like your personal bias against some of these kids is clouding your judgment.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Indian girl,have u watched the games?No one is bashing kids.If you know anthing about basketball and check the stats,it shoudnt be to hard for u to figure out.Check the shooting stats,the rebounding stats,we are right now playing as a 2 man team,and thats not going to win ball games against quality teams.If you have watched the games you must not be seeing the same game i am.Shot slection has been terrible,shooting 30% is not a good percentage.Forcing shots when other guys are open,esp under the basket is not good judgement.Shooting from nba range is not a quality shot esp as far as a good percentage shot.I and ME do not win championships,its called TEAM.IF ur from peebles,u do know how good of a group of kids we have.We are discussing what we think would help our team be a very good team instead of average team.GO INDIANS

opiie94
Riding the Bench

Post by opiie94 »

I definately think if Peebles plays the way they are capable of playing they can give NA a good game. Should be a great game. Two great coaches and great players on both sides.Good luck ,,GO INDIANS

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

Any thoughts on the Manchester-West Union matchup? There must be a lot of Peebles fans on here.

Who should win the JV part of this tourney?

dmills
Riding the Bench

Post by dmills »

Any updates on the JV games today?

dragon88
Riding the Bench

Post by dragon88 »

Peebles JV girls and boys both won today.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Any score on the West Union vs Manchester game ???

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Manchester 71
West Union 58

JUST KEEP YOUR HEADS UP BOYS, AND KEEP WORKING HARD.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Have to give WU credit. In what looked to be an embarressing blowout, the kids stayed with it, coach continued to coach like they were right in it, and before you knew it they were back in it.

Cosmo__Kramer
Waterboy

Post by Cosmo__Kramer »

I'll take Peebles to take the cake.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Well tonight is the night...Good luck to both Peebles and North Adams...should be a great game.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

North Adams 73
Peebles 61

What a great game....Awesome crowd!!

Friday night is the Consolation Game

West Union vs Peebles

Saturday night is the Championship Game

North Adams vs Manchester

2 more great nights of basketball and big crowds!!

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Should be another great game Man will be tough to beat. I hope NA comes ready to play. Man. has as much talent as anyone in the league.

Return to “Boys Basketball”