Fairland vs Fed Hock

bucking red
Varsity

Fairland vs Fed Hock

Post by bucking red »

Fairland wins by 30 something. The Lancers are way down this year and are very small. Fairland's bench players played a lot of minutes tonight. The dragons need to step their game up against Marietta Sat. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

athens78
All State

Re: Fairland vs Fed Hock

Post by athens78 »

Is this a final? what was the score.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

81-41 fairland.
Fairlands points came mostly from 3's from hatfield, berry, fisher, and jordan.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Wow seen Fairland at the Convo and didn't think they would win that big. Tough road for Federal with Saturdays game then Rock Hill Wheelersburg and Alexander.

Tcat wahoo
Waterboy

Post by Tcat wahoo »

Fed is really dropped off this year. Every week I see their scores and I am shocked how bad and by whom they get beat by.

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

The sad thing is that Federal shouldn't be this bad....they have talent and ability in their players. This year has been very upsetting with the Lancers. I don't see them turning it around until next year at the earliest and i see them going one game in the tournaments. Unfortunately this is not your typical Federal Hocking team. Good luck the rest of the season boys. you will need it

allsport12
Waterboy

Post by allsport12 »

box score on this one Coach?

fair fan
Riding the Bench

Post by fair fan »

It is easy to sit back and criticize a coach when a team gets beat. I was at the game last night and Coach E put in his second string for most of the second half. Fed. Hock had a full line up of all star seniors last year. That is a tough act to follow. Coach E puts his heart and soul into coaching this team. He drives a hour one way every day to coach these boys. Your a great coach if you win with talented players. A coach can't change a program in 1 year but I am sure this team has learned more about basketball this year than the last 3 years combined.

earp
S

Post by earp »

How was the drive back up last night?I know I went to Huntington last night after the game and the bridge over the river was terrible!Just curious about how bad was the trip back?

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Hey Tazman sounds like you have a plan...........so you're giving up on Fed Hock already, huh? Well I have to agree with Fair Fan, I was at that game last night also and sorry to say our starting 5 is not bringing an "A" game to the court. I agree that they are not as deep as in year's past but they can win some games. Unless the players and their parents accept their new coach and a new system they are in for a long season. If they are willing to learn, good things can happen. You hit it on the button Fair Fan, they've learned more than in many years past in just a short time.

I hope the FH administration stands firm on steering away from parent coaches............it's high time..........we are witnessing the results of the past several years. It's time for a new system.............How can you ask more of Coach E? He's pouring his heart and soul into these boys.........

Work hard Lancers and be men of integrity and grit..........it will only serve you well in life off the court.

Go Lancers!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

You guys I think have a good coach he does fine!Looks like a very young team and a young coach to me!Plus Fairland has a good team,I mean we were in the regional last year!But hang in there,I think this coach seems to be doing things right! ;-) Seems like a nice guy as well!Shoot I even offered him my extra Bengals ticket for this sunday! :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Foxworthy - I have re-read your post, and missed something, so I am editing my original post. For the most part, I agree with everything that you have said, however, I do not agree that this year's situation is the result of the prior head coaches actions or decisions. They were very successful, so it is hard to knock their results. Some have stated that some of the current players should have gotten more varsity time last year. Perhaps, but the seconding guessing now is not going to help the current situation.

In times like these, character will show itself. Coach E is working his tail off, and expects the same from his players. That's reasonable, and a good life lesson. Sitting your starters down is not an easy thing to do, and I'm sure Coach had good reason to do so.

I will be at the game on Saturday to see and support the '08 version of the Lancer mens team. I hope that the boys bring it, as their opponent is going to be very tough. Good luck to the boys on Saturday. GO LANCERS!!!!
Last edited by Steely Dan on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

If a team doesn't respond to game-time you have to make a decision. Its bad when you see a coach wanting to win more than the players. The coach cant put the ball in the whole for the team.(Even though he could) I think he is moving in the right direction. Let that lesson be learned that benching the team for lack of desire is a great motivator. Put up or sit down is a good motto. Glad to see Coach E have the GONADS to bench the team. Now step up and play hard for FED HOCK fans!!!!!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Someone should have warned coach E the talent pool is down at Federal and will be at for a long time. As far as blaming the coaches from years gone by I'm not sure how you can argue with success. Sounds like Federal is having a down year and now parents are wanting to blame past coaches instead of their kids. How many of these kids stay after practice and shoot or work on their game on there own? Bottom line is the talent pool sounds like it's drying up. Most schools go through it. It sounds like its Federals time. Look at the Athens Bulldogs, down for years and now having a good year with talent coming up. Good luck in the future.

BBSHOOTER
Waterboy

Post by BBSHOOTER »

A hard decision to bench your starting five early in the 3rd quarter, when they aren't playing well u have to do something. This wasn't a forty point loss some other night. Fairland is a solid team full of veterans. Keep your head up lancers and coach, put this one behind you and keep working hard, what the coach is teaching you will pay off, he knows and loves the game. If these kids can put 4 quarters of hard play in they will start coming around.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

athens78 wrote:Someone should have warned coach E the talent pool is down at Federal and will be at for a long time. As far as blaming the coaches from years gone by I'm not sure how you can argue with success. Sounds like Federal is having a down year and now parents are wanting to blame past coaches instead of their kids. How many of these kids stay after practice and shoot or work on their game on there own? Bottom line is the talent pool sounds like it's drying up. Most schools go through it. It sounds like its Federals time. Look at the Athens Bulldogs, down for years and now having a good year with talent coming up. Good luck in the future.

Very well stated A78.

It's time to stop throwing the blame at other people. Unfortunately the numbers and talent are thin this year. This is part of the cycle. FH has had some nice players and good parent coaches (that were also former college players like Coach E). Perhaps Foxworthy can name some area coaches that have not coached their own kid. Let's see the list...

My hat is off to Coach E. He works hard and demands the same from his players. Nobody wants it more than Coach E and he's not making excuses...

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

This team is about 2 years away!!! The starters did not play together as a team most of the 3rd all of the 4th. 2 years.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Kline coached his and is coaching his now at Nelsonville
Pettit coached his at Crooksville I believe
Virgil Grandy Nelsonville coached his
Garrett at Belpre coached his
The coach at Waterford coached his
Gabriel at Alexander coached his
Derrow coached his at Wellston
Caldwell at Reedsville Eastern is coaching his nephew now
Carl Wolfe coached his at Meigs and now coaching his daughter there

The list can go on and on.

And this is just in Basketball, many other parents coached their kids in football and baseball at the Varsity level

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I don't think Coach E will be there long. Not that they will get rid of him from what everyone on here states he
is a great guy, but I think he'll look to move on maybe back in the area he grew up. Good luck Coach and kids.

Also Kline got out when his kid left and he'll get out after his younger one goes
Wolfe will go after his girl is done
Grandy left right after his boy did
Garrett got out after his left
and so on and so on

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I can't speak for E !!! but he knows the game,He coached my daughter at GA ,All state her jr and sr. Year,FH has 1 starter back from last year, Your about 2 years away !!! And he loves the game. Look at the driving time he puts in thats not a pay check coach and there is a ton of them right.IMO rebuild .

Return to “Boys Basketball”