Varsity

Logan vs Zanesville

Post by 3morethan2 »

Everyones Thoughts

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Re: Logan vs Zanesville

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

I think it's a toss-up. I'm really interested to see which team takes it.

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

Almost Game Time!

Go Blue!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

What time is the game and is it going to be on the web?????

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

Go Cheiftains!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GO CHIEFS

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan leads in the 3rd

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

L-----Z
31----29--after 3
31----29--8:00
31----31--6:00
33----31--5:00
33----33--4:45
36----33--4:00
36----39--2:30
38----39--0:00--Final

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Too bad :122247 Was hoping for a Chieftan victory in this one.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan had three inbounds over the last 23 seconds with one miss at the very end.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

39-38 the 'ville a final ... 3 straight one point games for the Purple only coming out on the winning end in one of them ... Chiefs go to 1-3 ... 0-2 at the new gymnasium ... doesn't get any easier as undefeated Marietta (3-0 with a game vs Fairland tomorrow afternoon at Marietta College/then at Meadowbrook Tuesday the 30th) comes to Jim's Gym next Friday night ... another very important North Division SEOAL game for Logan ...

...jottings ... the Coach Helber Logan JV squad beat Zanesville in OT 49-43 ... it was 38-38 at the end of regulation as Clint Schrader buried a 3 pointer with less than 2 seconds in regulation from the left corner following a Coach Helber timeout to set-up the tying shot ...

... a few Napkin Stats on the varsity contest ...

Zanesville

Scoring ... Gibson 10/Mills 8/Prati 7/Young 6/Forman, Harris, Howell 2 each
3 Pointers ... 2/19 ... Mills 2
FT's ... 3/3
Fouls committed ... 6 on the game ...
TO's ... 9

... not the Zanesville TEAM I'm used to seeing over the years ... no go to guy(s) ... no "beef" in the paint or anywhere else ... not a strong team physically for the Devils ... to be fair it's hard to look at this years Blue Devils on their own merit - always going to compare them to the Devils of years past ... this is one of the weaker squads for Coach Aronhalt ... with that said - ZHS walked out of Jim's Gym with the "W" to go to 2-1 on the season ... imo Coach Aronhalt will have to have his troops this season controlling the tempo every game ... getting the pace down to a crawl ... games in the 30's and 40's IF they are going to get "W's" ...

Logan

Scoring ... Mays 18/Angle 7/King 7/Abram,Dietz,Adams 2 a piece ...
3 Pointers ... 4/11 ... Mays 2, Angle 1 , King 1
FTs ... 0/2
Fouls committed ... 7 on the game ...
TOs ... 15

... 0/2 from the line - with the duo of Mays/Angle this is the stat that stands out in this game ... unable to get to the line, unable to draw the fouls in the paint ... the strength of both Mays and Angle should have been enough to get the W in this one , both of these players could take their man down low (ie.Mays 18 pts. out-muscled his man all night down low) ... while the perimeter people for Logan had trouble feeding the ball into the post or to Angle in the paint (15 TOs) ... defensively Jon King did an outstanding job on Prati (7 points) the entire game ... the game came down to the last shot by Logan- a good , open look from the perimeter that came up a little short - hitting rim instead of net ... time to regroup , prep for Marietta next Friday ... one last thought - it was good seeing Zach Adams back on the court for the Purple glad he will be able to complete the biggest part of his senior year on the hardwood ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Varsity
Portsmouth 64 Gallipolis 59
Reserves
Gallipolis 71 Portsmouth 38
Freshmen
Portsmouth 46 Gallipolis 38

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Sounds like Logan played one close game.

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

Nice game Devils...Not pretty but IMHO when your best player struggles and you still come away with the W you have to take it. Hopefully the Blue Devil squad that played in Newark shows up tonight vs Worthington.

Go Blue!

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

...deja vu...the last couple of years, for the games i've seen at least, it's been really frustrating and difficult to watch Logan Boys basketball. With the exception of mays, and jon king's defense it seemed like no one really played with any intensity. aggression. passion. they looked like they were just running the offense to run the offense, not really to score, and the offense looked messy. Picks weren't being set, because timing was wrong. I dunno maybe i'm just noticing all the bad and none of the good, but i think a lot has to change emotionally for this team to get some wins. utilize the players you have in the positions where they excel. It was hard to watch patrick play in the post. especially after he's been point for the last four years...close game, too bad they couldn't come out with a "w". Good Luck next week against marietta!

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

I was at last nights contest and to be completely honest I was impressed with Logan. They may be one of the best 1-3 or 1-4 teams in the state. They just lack that winning mentallity late in close games. Mays and Angle are so strong for their positions that I was shocked that they weren't on the block all night against the much smaller Blue Devils. Mays had his way all night but Angle seemed to fade into the background for the first 3 quarters.

Once they get that defining win in a close game they will be fine. The coaching at times was suspect for both teams and Zanesville had no offensive continuity and were leaking at the seams all night on D. Too many people used to watching others do it and now that they are gone we have no identity.

I can tell you this when you have guys getting 3-5 shots a game and scoring as much as those getting 17 you need to reevaluate who should be getting the looks. Too many guys passing up open looks to get it to those who aren't producing the way they should be. Tanner Gibson was a real bright spot on Offense but he also needs to take open jump shots when they are available.

Prati won't be affective til the rest of the team stop watching and start being offensively productive. Prati is a real asset as his size but isn't strong enough to take on double teams in the post. Start hitting some of those open jump shots and taking what is given to you when the defense double teams and Joey can shine. If we don't then I don't anticipate we will score above 60 pts in a game all year.

LJ Clemens
Waterboy

Post by LJ Clemens »

WAY TO GO ZANESVILLE!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

angle could play anywhere with his ability and succeed.

bleedpurple
Waterboy

Post by bleedpurple »

osu*me wrote:...deja vu...the last couple of years, for the games i've seen at least, it's been really frustrating and difficult to watch Logan Boys basketball. With the exception of mays, and jon king's defense it seemed like no one really played with any intensity. aggression. passion. they looked like they were just running the offense to run the offense, not really to score, and the offense looked messy. Picks weren't being set, because timing was wrong. I dunno maybe i'm just noticing all the bad and none of the good, but i think a lot has to change emotionally for this team to get some wins. utilize the players you have in the positions where they excel. It was hard to watch patrick play in the post. especially after he's been point for the last four years...close game, too bad they couldn't come out with a "w". Good Luck next week against marietta!

I agree. Myers puts Mays and Angle in positions which they feel they have to carry this team as Myers does not utilize his bench nor have players in the correct position. Angle is not a post players , just as Colliton is not a point guard. Please... we could go on and on... Oh and Hart is done with all of it... Can you blame him? To turn your shirt in at half time... Not to mention was told the last game he was forgot about. Myers picked each member of this team for a reason someone brought something to the table, Well the table is a bare table he does not use each member. He does not use his best passer or three point shooter, he does not use his best shot blocker. he does not use the point guard that should be the point guard where there would be less turn overs , its a shame that he sucks all the self esteem that these men have out out of them. This should be a great year for not just the Senior and the three that have played all the way thru together but for your juniors also and the rest of the team. He has had more players turn there uniform in than any othere basketball coach that Logan has had and a very not so impressive record.

Return to “Boys Basketball”