Minford 64 @ Eastern 61 OT

beaverlover
SE

Minford 64 @ Eastern 61 OT

Post by beaverlover »

In the first game of the new year and the Eagles 2nd home games of the year,what does everyone think?With the Falcons offense clicking on all cylinders,scoring 44 in 1 half vs NW and putting up 88 on Green last night,the Eagles better play some D.I think they will and i'll take the Eagles by 4........69-65.
Last edited by beaverlover on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Re: Minford @ Eastern 1/2/09

Post by Dr Lou »

:122248 Big time trap game for Minford, with Burg coming in jan. 6th. I think Copley and company will have the kids focused one game at a time, this is a veteran team.

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

Minford is still a year away. They will be better near the end of the year. Eastern wins a close one here.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

Might want to check if this one is 1-3-09 or 1-2-09, can someone verify for sure?

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Dr Lou wrote:Might want to check if this one is 1-3-09 or 1-2-09, can someone verify for sure?

Yeah it's the 3rd....I fixed it.

salemcat
JV Team

Re: Minford @ Eastern 1/3/09

Post by salemcat »

The way Minford has been playing the last couple of games....I just cannot see any let up in them. They are deeper than Eastern, and they will be able to run them ragged all night. Why do I say deeper? The bench outscored Green 44-37. I say Minford by 10.
Last edited by salemcat on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

This will be a tough one for the Eagles.But im taking the Eagles by 6 at home..52 58
GOOD LUCK EAGLES!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

If the Eagles play like they did against Western, as bad as I hate to say it, It will be a long night.

If they bring the drive that I heard they played with against Waverly, they have a 50/50 shot. I have seen Minford play twice. Their guards are very good and will be difficult for the Eagles to pressure. Minford also gets very active defensively and Helton and the guards must take care of the ball!

Good luck Eagles! You can do it! JUST DO IT!

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Falcons will pound the Beaver boys, no contest here. Falcons by 25!

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

GET REAL !!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

The Falcons bring an impressive 5-1 record to the nest this weekend,while the Eagles sit at 2-3 with all 3 losses being battles,8pt loss to Waverly,OT loss by 4 to SV,and the 1pt loss to Western,Minford's only defeat came at the hands of Waverly,I believe the 2 teams only common opponet.Should be interesting.......

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Post by Bryant4219 »

the falcons will pull this one out in a tight ball game! 72-65

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

jungle cat wrote:Falcons will pound the Beaver boys, no contest here. Falcons by 25!

No contest...I hope you eat those words!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

salemcat wrote:The way Minford has been playing the last couple of games....I just cannot see any let up in them. They are deeper than Eastern, and they will be able to run them ragged all night. Why do I say deeper? The bench outscored Green 44-37. I say Minford by 10.

That's saying alot,If you have'nt seen Eastern play, they go 10 deep and don't lose a whole lot of talent from 6-10.I know Minford is good and have a good bench but to say they are deeper than Eastern........I don't know?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

salemcat wrote:The way Minford has been playing the last couple of games....I just cannot see any let up in them. They are deeper than Eastern, and they will be able to run them ragged all night. Why do I say deeper? The bench outscored Green 44-37. I say Minford by 10.

Not meaning to slight Green because they down this year, but I think quite a few SOC II teams bench could outscore them by that much. Clay gave Minford all they wanted for 3 1/2 quarters and didn't lose that badly. Minford is good, but they can be beaten.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Minford wins 64-61 in OT in a very,very sloppy game.Eastern misses a shot at end of regulation.Eastern misses all kinds of free throws and Minford hit them when they needed them in OT,congrats to the Falcons.Eastern needs to bounce back Tuesday as they get back into league play.Eastern falls to 2-4,and Minford improves to 6-1.

beaverlover
SE

Re: Minford 64 @ Eastern 61 OT

Post by beaverlover »

It was'nt Minfords bench that beat Eastern,it was missed free throws and turnovers.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

beaverlover wrote:It was'nt Minfords bench that beat Eastern,it was missed free throws and turnovers.

Agree with Beaver on this one. Eastern plays hard, but just can't seem to shoot the ball very well. Missed a ton of free throws in regulation???? gthe game should have never went to overtime. Also, still bad shots taken at the wrong time and it just seems the boys "freeze" up when it is cruch time.

Props to the Eagles on shutting down S. Smith...think he ended up with 6 or 8 points. Osborne played well again and it looks like everything was there for the upset. The Thornsberry boy was on the bench and not dressed....that didn't help the execution I'm certain. What is wong with him?

I must give the Eagles players and staff some credit. My heart said they could keep it close, but my head said no way....can't match up. Minford flat out has some athletes. Price is unbelievably quick. The eagles were right there and had they made some foul shots in regulation....the game was theirs!

Keep your head up Eagles. Just bring the effort every game. IF you play with as much heart as you did against Waverly and Minford.......the "W's" will start rolling in!
Last edited by Eaglesnest on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

No excuses here.....Minford won the game but I would of loved to have had Thornsberry on the court tonight,he would of definitely helped Helton handling the ball.I heard at the game he hurt his knee and played through it at Holiday tourney,Just what I heard,hope he gets healthy soon.

Return to “Boys Basketball”