Wheelersburg 60 @ Portsmouth 68... 12-27-08

pirates09
Waterboy

Wheelersburg 60 @ Portsmouth 68... 12-27-08

Post by pirates09 »

I take the Burg in this one. Portsmouth has a quick team this year, but I don't feel that the Trojans can keep up with the Burg. Once the Burg gets on a roll, its hard to stop them. With Stegman down low, he will probably have at least 25 to 30 points.

Burg--72
Trojans--53

WE ARE THE BURG

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth 12-27-08

Post by The_X_Factor »

I beg to differ.

Portsmouth, on paper, is the better team, and I believe they will also be better on the court Saturday night. The Pirates are good, and one of the SOC's best teams, but PHS is the class of Southern Ohio basketball this year. I'll take Portsmouth by 15+ in this one.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Tobias is right as far as our kids are concerned.......focus on EACH game, do not look ahead........Gallia Academy traditionally is a tough place for Portsmouth to get a win.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Portsmouth has more talent and should play alot of kids in this one.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Good measuring stick for the trojans ---type of game the Trojans wil have to win to go far in the tourney. Burg will attempt to slow them down. Burg drilled them up to burg last year. How is burg's talent compared to last year ?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Trojandave...Any idea when Portsmouth will make up its game with Northwest? Thanks. PS--Are you coming up for tonight's game?

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Hey i heard this is going to be a white out dose any1 kno if this is tru, either way portsmouth by 10 or more

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Portsmouth needs to leave the show boating at home tomorrow night and come play some defensive Basketball. If so then we have a chnace to win tomorrow night.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias is right, wont be ANYTHING easy about this game tonight, asa matter off act, I believe we will have to play better then we did last night to even have a chance in this game.

without Forrest Johnson, Link , Stevens and Bendolph wil have to step up their Defense to give us a chane,they all 3 already play great D, but will have to be at their best tonight

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Trojans are 4-0 and just need to keep focused on getting better as a team......and they have since the Greenfield McClain game. I have watched these kids and coaches in practice and they have put in a lot of hard work to make themselves better.......and so far that work ethic has resulted in a 4-0 start.

GO TROJANS!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I say it every year, great thing about basketbal, you have al season to get better, you start a new season after regular season

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will have to figure out a way to slow Ptown down and will need to be able to rebound on both the offensive and defensive ends against the bigger, taller Trojans. Burg did a great job of slowing down what was suppossedly a faster Valley team, so if they can do that tonight, they will have a chance.

I think the one thing that the Pirates have going for them is that they Coach Barrick on the sidelines. A coach that knows how to control the tempo of a game. He is really great at making the needed adjustments to get the victory.

Good luck Pirates. This game will be a little different from the last few years games. Over by the 1st qtr in the majority of them.

Forgot to add that this game starts probably the toughest stretch of 7 games I think I have ever seen the Burg play. It goes like this:

@ Portsmouth
@ Ironton
@ Federal Hocking
@ Minford
@ Oak Hill
Northwest
@ Waverly

I believe that stretch will really be a good test for the young Pirates and will more that have them ready to play come tourney time. All 6 away games will be a major challenge.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

We were syaing the same thing before last nights game, the next five games will tell the Trojans how good they are. Tough part of the sched right.

12/26 @ Gallia Academy
12/27 Wheelersburg
12/30 South Point
1/02 Chillicothe
1/09 @ Ironton

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Can anyone tell me if this is going to be a triple-header? Don't want to show up late and have no place to sit.

Trojan Spirit 76
Waterboy

Post by Trojan Spirit 76 »

as far a I know this is not a triple header...just J.V. and Varsity....still better get there early...Portsmouth folks are showing up to watch this team play!!! Hope those folks make some noise tonight....and get the atmosphere back to like it used to be!!!!

Good job last night guys against the Gallia Academy Blue Devils...........lets keep it going....... GO TROJANS...BEAT THE BURG

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Coach Barrick will find a way to stay in this ballgame,he always does,however I think Portsmouth has too much this year,Trojans win 59-53.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

coach Barrick was at the gallia game last night, I over heard him in the hall way talking with Irontons coach, they was both having a good laugh about how how Portsmouth didnt play very good as a team and said they was surprised at all the hype they was getting

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Burg by 12

rockfish
Riding the Bench

Post by rockfish »

sportsfan43 wrote:coach Barrick was at the gallia game last night, I over heard him in the hall way talking with Irontons coach, they was both having a good laugh about how how Portsmouth didnt play very good as a team and said they was surprised at all the hype they was getting

I am suprised with all the hype as well. They should have beat Gallia Academy much more convincingly if the hype were true . I wonder if their press will have any effect on Wheelersburg? I'll say Wheelersburg by 15.

Return to “Boys Basketball”