Freshman Team

Re: Symmes Valley @ Coal Grove

Post by SportsMom »

COAL GROVE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :122245

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Coal Grove will have to contain the Tibbs kid,I say CG wins 62-60.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Ward will wear out his welcome.

As for this one, I'll take Symmes Valley with Tibbs going for 40 :lol:

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Personally I hope he stays as coach because he says ome of the funniest things I have ever heard while coaching!

VBFAN#1
Riding the Bench

Post by VBFAN#1 »

You can say alot about ward but those kids play hard for him. I think he should use Damron much more myself. Concerning favoring basketball players and not those playing both sports I about choked with laughter. First time that has ever been said about basketball. If you look back at the last 3-4 years of Junior High results and see how many kids arenty playing basketball that did in jr. high to focus on football is 4-5 times greater. Several kids are missing out on some great memories by not playing multiple sports.

irishdomer
Waterboy

Post by irishdomer »

Bruiser it seems to me you are only worried about individuals and not the team (All-Tournament awards). For the record one of the kids who made All-Tournament is a football player (Ferguson), but he had to sit out do to his transfer from another school. As soon as people at CG stop worrying about all the individual stuff and the
"We are a football school" attitude all sports will be better off. I am proud that the football program at CG is successful, but that doesn't make me hate the other sports or wish them ill, like it seems to be from certain people. If CG is a football school then how come the football team hasn't been in the playoffs for a good while, just an honest observation. I think that Ward has done a great job of getting the CG program turned around from its 0-21 basement it was in 2 years ago. These kids at The Grove seem to believe that they can compete and that is more than half the battle when you are a program that was beat down as bad as it was. I'd agree with VB, there are many kids who are "concentrating" on football, a couple in particular who played basketball last year and even played summer ball with the Hornets, who "magically" disappeared when football season was over and never came back to basketball. Maybe I am wrong , but it seems to me that the program is in good hands. Back to the topic I say The Grove takes this one over Symmes Valley, GO HORNETS.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

You're wasting your time, Irish Domer...... Coal Grove basketball is all about "My boy".... and historically, their level of success is a testament to that fact.
Ward's record elsewhere and the respect he has from other coaches in the area speaks for itself.
I've said it before on here and I'll say it again: there are parents who would rather see the team lose every game with their kid starting than see the team have a winning season with their kid on the bench for most of the time.
They want a coach that they can manipulate - someone who they've known for a while who knows their kid and will play him just because of his last name.
Many people in the Grove would love to see Ward fail because he doesn't care who you are or what your last name is. This is why people from Coal Grove fear people from the outside......

irishdomer
Waterboy

Post by irishdomer »

Believe you me when Ward has had enough of the non-sense that seems to be present at CG, he will soon be be missed by those who want a basketball program and cheered for leaving by the good 'ole boys who want to see CG only succeed in what their kids play (Football). I for one think Ward has been great for the kids at CG and when he is gone the basketball program will be back in the cellar and guess "everyone" will be happy.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I agree 100%.

I don't think anyone expects him to turn the program into any kind of powerhouse (at least I don't, even though it wouldn't surprise me if the program reaches new heights under him).
The goal at least for now should be respectability - CG fans being able to go to the games and watch their team be in every game, finish outside of the cellar in the OVC, and maybe win a game or two in the post-season.
I don't care if you're a "football school" (a rather asinine term), you have an obligation to the kids and the school name to be respectable.....

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Hornets win by 12.
Last edited by Half Slice on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Any score yet??

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Bump for a score

Eaglesnest
All State