Peebles @ North Adams 1/9

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Peebles @ North Adams 1/9

Post by jordan23 »

These two top teams meet again.. should be another great one... Same story / Different story

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Peebles @ North Adams 1/9

Post by Ironman92 »

NA by 5

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

I will take that ironman. Should be another great game and another packed house.

FLAGMANUSA
Waterboy

Post by FLAGMANUSA »

North Adams will pull this one off as far as I am concerned! Coach Young has got his boys playing well right now! And Peebles should not be looking forward to this game when they play a tough ball club Tuesday night against the Greyhounds of Manchester. Peebles defensively will not be able to contend with the Green Devils. Should be a good game though!

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Great post flagman.

Peebles needs to FIRST give full attention to Manchester on Tuesday. That is a league game at home that they must be prepared for and come out with a win.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I agree! Though Peebles should be able to contain Manchester, I always say, in the SHL, anything can happen on any given night and often does.
Hopefully, the team will focus on Tues, but we posters can look ahead a little. I wouldn't even want to pick on Friday nights game but I'd say its fair to say it'll be another packed house. I think both teams are going to come out ready to play. Hopefully a win on Tues would give Peebles a good momentum going in. I don't believe NA plays on Tues which you could look at as a good or bad thing I guess.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

NORTH ADAMS@ HOME.

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

Its a gym of a different color, otherwise the same!! You can't tell its away because the Peebles crowd will probably be just as big and alive as North Adams' crowd. So I wouldn't say that's an advantage, I would say that the fact that its a league game puts some added pressure on NA boys and the need for redemption puts some added pressure on the Indians. They want people to see their true talent as a team, they really haven't displayed their true potential yet. We have seen NA at its best! There's only one place to go from the top and that is down, all the great ones do. Okay, I'm talking a little smack now, but what true fan doesn't, right?

I'm pulling for Peebles Tuesday and Friday and I will be there with red and white bells on!!!!

Go Indians!!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Rooster, no offense but I seriously doubt the Peebles crowd will match the North Adams crowd in number. I would be shocked if that happened. I also don't think you have seen North Adams at it's best. They didn't shoot as well as they are capable from behind the arc during the tournament.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I agree with rooster. We've seen spurts of what Peebles can do here and there but not the total picture. I honestly don't think NA can play much better than they have been and that's been pretty darn good. To say it would be a "shock" to see Peebles have as big of crowd as NA is kind of silly, Peebles the last couple years has been filling the gym pretty well.

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

I'm just trash talkin'!!! Were you at the game last Tuesday, the crowd was unbelievable? But you may be right, maybe the Peebles fans won't make the drive! I sure do hope so, it makes the game much more intense!!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

SHLJunkie, how is that silly? North Adams packs it's gym for just about every home game and travels extremely well when they are on the road. I was at the game Tuesday and the visitors side was full not long into the girls game. I also could see several NA fans sitting on the Peebles side as well. In no way is this a knock on Peebles but it would be a shock if they have as many fans there as North Adams.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Boomer, that gym was probably above capacity that night to say the least. There were people nose to nose on both sides of the stands and yep, a big section of Peebles kids and other Peebles folks were sitting on the NA side too, so that kind of went both ways. The middle behind the cords was full, the hallways on bothsides of Peebles side was full. I'm not saying NA doesn't always have huge crowds but to be "shocked" that Peebles may have as many just didn't make sense.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

It was definitely a huge crowd. Probably the largest I've seen at a Mcdonalds tournament game. Probably won't be like that Friday because the other teams will be playing and there won't be as many people there from the other schools. I stand by my statement though. If Peebles has as many or more fans there as North Adams it will be the first time I will have seen NA be outnumbered at home and I have been to a lot of games over several years.

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

Great high school rivalries have passionate fans which fuel it by talking to the players about how important the game is and "was when they played"and by talking to each other. There is not a better rivalry in the SHL or perhaps in Southeastern Ohio than Peebles - North Adams as both teams have great tradition and both have as good of teams as they each have respectively had in a few years. Oh and both have successful coaches who are a little competitive as well.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I recently released a documentary about Peebles basketball called "We are the Indians" (www.wearetheindians.org to see the trailer...shameless plug) and there's a section about the PHS/NAHS rivalry. There's a line a really liked where one former player said, "It's always a psychological game when Peebles plays North Adams, and it always will be, from pee-wee on up."

That pretty much sums it up...when the green shirts plays the red shirts, everyone leans forward a little bit in their seats.

Can't wait for Friday, Go Red!

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Rooster no offense, I don't think it matters who has the biggest crowd, the game is played on the court.As far as Peebles not showing their potential,they played a great 1st half against Alexandria.They had a major letdown in the 2nd half.Too play with NA this kind of play can't happen.NA has looked solid and have shown intensity game in and game out.PEEBLES REALLY NEEDS TO BRING IT!

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

None taken, I was simply responding to an earlier post where someone picked NA over Peebles because of a home court advantage. I don't think that necessarily gives NA an advantage in this case because the only difference between the two schools is the crowd and the atmosphere, the gyms are otherwise identical.

If the crowd doesn't affect anything than what would the advantage be to NA to play on their home court? Normally the size of the gym would matter but in this case the gyms are the same so the only difference is the home crowd and Peebles will travel well to this game so I'm just saying I don't see that as an advantage. As a player you normally aren't effected by the crowd but in a game of this magnitude, the shear roar can take a toll. I'll stop kicking that dead horse now. You see where I'm going with it. I agree with you that the game is played on the court!!! I hope that we will bring it!!

You're right, great 1st half against Alexandria and we saw a glimpse of their true potential against West Union as they played strong team ball all four quarters with four players in double digits. I also agree that NA has played really good team ball and we have seen them at their best, however I stand by what I said that we have not seen Peebles play their BEST four quarters yet...

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

In a game of this magnitude the horses need to show up.NA scores alot of points in the paint.They screen and backdoor cut for layups,Peebles needs to control this and play within their offense.Peebles has a great perimeter shooting club,it just hasn't showed up yet.The worries I have is NA getting too many easy buckets and NA board work.I think a different Peebles team shows up and this will be a good one.Too close too predict!!!

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

Well put, I totally agree!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”