Alexander @ Federal Hocking 1/10

Post by tazman »

Thoughts?

Could get ugly??? Its all up to Fed Hock how bad it is im afraid

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Re: Alexander @ Federal Hocking 1/10

Post by Foxworthy »

Good luck to both the Lancer Boys and Girls as I understand this is a triple header. If we just went by stats on paper all contests could be decided in cyber space. That's the fun in playing the game.........never know what might happen next!!!

Go Lancers!!! Best of Wishes to all the players and coaching staffs - Butcher, McKibben, Linscott, Ellcessor, Cottrill and Thompson and Billy Porter on the sidelines - we'll be in your camp cheering everyone on!!

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Great rivalry here. Anything can happen. The Lancers play very well historically at home. I look for it to be a great ball game with a lot of emotion.

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

While it would be nice if the lancers could pull out a win, I look for Alexander to win both the girls and guys games. I think the girls game will be closer than the boys. Lady spartans have a deep bench, but FH has Butcher and Dunfee. Both these girls can be lethal. And Coach Butcher brings a wealth of experience to the table. But Guthrie and his lady spartans are riding high, especially if they defeat Waterford tonight.

If Alex boys play to their ability, they will win. I think Tolar is more physical than Stanley, but it will be fun watching those two match up! Barnhouse and Frost will be tough for the lancers to contain. And if King is shooting the lights out, look out. Bobo has been playing real well lately from what I hear, so he's another big man that the lancers will have to deal with. Likewise, if Torrence and Thompson are hitting threes - then it will be a close one. Fed has to play as a team and be patient and consistent. But Alex has alot of depth, which sadly the lancers are lacking. Gabriel can keep fresh legs rotating in and out and by the 4th quarter this will likely be a key factor. I give Coach E and Amos a ton of credit for building this team. But I don't think they have enough weapons in their arsenal to defeat the Spartans. Good luck!

spartacat
Freshman Team

Post by spartacat »

Does anyone know the schedule times of the games?

Before the season began the bball schedules said the girls' games would start at 1:30 if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if this was meant to be a JV & V girls games then Frosh, JV & V boys' games. Does FH have a freshman team?

If anyone has this info, I would appreciate an update.

Oh by the way, Go Spartans!

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

This should be a great game to watch.
I know a lot of these boys played on the same team together in Pakersburg this summer. (They were fun to watch)
There all good friends, but you can throw that out the window when the game begins.
Good Luck to both teams, and may there be no Injury's.
Go Lancers

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

If it is at Federal I am sure it will be kept closer than people may think. Just ask VC how fun it is to play there. :lol:

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

This will be a very fun game to attend. A rivalry dating waayyy back. Around 1973 an average FH team beat the Rick White led Spartans- which arguably was the best team in the history of Spartan basketball coached by the late Doug Lattimer.

Spartan4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Spartan4Life »

This will be a yawner. We'll be up by double digits before the 2 minute mark of the first quarter. If Federal Hocking was decent this year, we'd beat them by 20. Seeing as how they are terrible, I say we win by 40+.

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

J.V boys will start at 5:00 with the Varsity girls to follow and then the Varsity boys
should be a good evening of basketball... I look for a Lancer sweep of the night...Just my thought :122245 :122245 :122245

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

sneake-pete wrote:J.V boys will start at 5:00 with the Varsity girls to follow and then the Varsity boys
should be a good evening of basketball... I look for a Lancer sweep of the night...Just my thought :122245 :122245 :122245

Alex schedule has girls playing at 5 followed by JV and Varsity boys. Hope someone can clear this up.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Alex boys by at least 10 in this one.

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Spartan wrote...........This will be a very fun game to attend. A rivalry dating waayyy back. Around 1973 an average FH team beat the Rick White led Spartans- which arguably was the best team in the history of Spartan basketball coached by the late Doug Lattimer.

Now that was a game for the ages, remember it WELL!!! That average FH team you are talking about though wasn't as average as everyone thought they were. I think the guy who nailed the downtown shot at the buzzer to give FH the win was Danny Hall, Jr. (Please someone correct me if I'm having a Sr. moment. ) I believe he went on to coach baseball at Georgia Tech. So.....not your average athlete but neither was Rick White, pretty awesome player. Pretty awesome Spartan team and I agree the best that's every came out of Alex. And, if my basketball mind is not too far over the hill it was Jimmy Noe and Gill Price from Galliopolis that knocked Alex out of the tourney that year? We Lancers always have fun keeping track of who knocks off one of our biggest rivals in the good years and I imagine the Spartans do the same. Isn't half the people in each district alumni of the other??

Interesting that Coach E also hails from Galliopolis. I'd say someone on the river knows basketball!!!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Foxworthy,
You are right, Alexander got knocked out of the tourney by Gallipolis at Rio Grande College in the second round of the district tourney, but not before Alexander beat #1 in the state Waverly led by John Shumaker and coached by the legendary Hawhee (sp???)

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Spartan4Life wrote:This will be a yawner. We'll be up by double digits before the 2 minute mark of the first quarter. If Federal Hocking was decent this year, we'd beat them by 20. Seeing as how they are terrible, I say we win by 40+.

Your post is an idiot.

spartacat
Freshman Team

Post by spartacat »

SP - thanks for the info!

I will show up at 5 pm to cheer all 3 Alexander teams onto victory!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was told .... JV boys first 5:00 or 5:30

Varsity Girls .... Following 6:30 or so

Varsity boys .... Last.

* Ive seen both teams play quite a few games this year & I can honestly say that although Alexander is a bit more talented and definitely deeper; but Fed Hock has a scrappy bunch of players that are more talented than their record shows ... AND THEY CAN SHOOT. Torrence, Grant Smith, Tyler Thompson and Dewayne Clark can all shoot the three and if their on, they could very well pull off the upset ...

They took on the Burg and gave them everything they could handle; Alex could end up being the same ....

Everyone thought the 'SPACER TROPHY' was gonna be a for gone conclusion; The entire county picked the Lancers to win and win big .... But that is not even close as to what happened ...

So just be careful picking a team when these two schools meet up; you never know what is going to transpire.

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on Power 105 (WXTQ 105.5 FM) in Athens.

Caleb Troop and Brian Boesch with the call.

Game time is set for 8, with pre-game coverage beginning at 7:45.

You can listen online for free by clicking the following link: mms://132.235.236.177/WXTQ

sports@wxtq.com

Thanks and good luck to both teams!

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Also, a very awful Federal Hocking team beat a very good Alexander team during the 2001-2002 season at Petit's Pavilion. Baseballstud24 got dunked on a few times and even was DDT'd through the Spanish announcers table sealing the deal for the Lancers.
I've seen both teams play. Alexander is clearly the better squad but Fed has been playing a lot better lately.

Guard Play- Alexander
Inside Game- Alexander
Defense- Alexander
3 Ballin- Alexander
Home Court Advantage- Federal Hocking

With ties to both of these teams, my prediction is this.................
Lancers hang tough for a quarter or two but the Spartans are too much........for a while............ and then the Lancers win 65-60.

I could also see Nick Patrick reffing the game in favor of the Lancers and then Gabriel having enough and hitting Patrick with a steel chair, then filling in as ref and helping the Spartans win by 25.

Go Lancers!!!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Alexander is one of the best teams in SE Ohio, very talented and well coached. Fed Hoc, like 93 Bulldog pointed out , is a scrappy, tough squad. I know that past history is just that, but for some reason the Fed Hoc boys play Alex tough. Win/ loss record of both teams aside, this will be a close one -- Alex by 5 , but they will be licking their wounds the next day.

Return to “Boys Basketball”