Varsity

CLAY @ MANCHESTER

Post by candystore »

any thoughts?

claypantherfan
All State

Re: CLAY @ MANCHESTER

Post by claypantherfan »

It will be a big challenge for Clay to go to Manchester and pull out a win they are a good team and playing at home will help them out but if Clay doesn't turn it over and plays smart because this Manchester team is a big team that they have so I think Clay can pull this one out though as long as the guard play is there

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

claypantherfan wrote:It will be a big challenge for Clay to go to Manchester and pull out a win they are a good team and playing at home will help them out but if Clay doesn't turn it over and plays smart because this Manchester team is a big team that they have so I think Clay can pull this one out though as long as the guard play is there

I understand that clay has good guards...but is there anyone downlow that can score?

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

ignert1 wrote:Third game of the week and a non-conference game, I would expect Clay to play a slowed down style of ball and hope to come away with everyone healthy. From what I read about Manchester they are big and strong and pound it inside. Good chance for some of our big guys to play strong and earn the coaches respect.

You make it sound Clay isnt showing up to play...they are going to play a style of ball that they havnt played all year. I have only seen 1 post player earn respect from coach trainer and that is Max Grahm.He cant carry them.I understand clay trying to keep their players healthy....but if you arnt going to win, why go?

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

When is the game? I know its a makeup from a previously scheduled contest.

I'll say Manchester by 12 but they better be ready or the Clay Panthers will best them.

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

Wow, after last year, we're talking about "The Convo"? Regardless, you play the game to win, and I expect coach Trainer will coach it that way. But first things first, NOTRE DAME!

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

I dont think that the convo is out of the cards at all.When they play together they get alot done.

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

When are they playing Manchester? If it is this Saturday, on the picks contest it has Manchester playing Lynchburg-Clay

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

I would really like to see Clay scores and stats in the paper....but, they need to worrie more about winning!!!!!

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

candystore wrote:I would really like to see Clay scores and stats in the paper....but, they need to worrie more about winning!!!!!

100% agree with you

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

I think that clays problem is that everyone wants to see their name in the stat column....who cares, if you cant win it dont matter :(

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

It was good till part way through the 3rd quarter and then Manchester just started to put it to Clay and the game got out of hand and the refs let it go to far

Return to “Boys Basketball”