Western 60 @ Eastern 70 OT

beaverlover
SE

Western 60 @ Eastern 70 OT

Post by beaverlover »

Round #2 between these cross county rivals,Western took the first meeting at the Holiday tourney 63-62.Both teams have gotten better since then though.The Indians come in undefeated in the league and the Eagles follow close behind in 2nd place with 1 loss in league play.Should be a good one,I'll take the Eagles 65-62 at home.
Last edited by beaverlover on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Re: Western @ Eastern 1/13

Post by thecinderellapick »

sure to be a good one!! better get there early if ya wanna get a seat. probably be even more crowded with them doing that alumni thing. i always try to make it to this game every year. got to be there to see my tribe pluck them eagles!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I for one would love to see the Eagles take this one! The Eagles had Western beat at the Holiday, but took a few poor shots down the stretch, missed some FT's, and missed a guy wide open under the bucket as time expired that could have given them an uncontested shot for the win.

I think the Eagles learn from their mistakes and take Western by 8 points at home.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Eastern plays extremely hard and is fun to watch. Western is pretty talented, but seems to be very lazy with the ball at times. I thought EHS did a good job of digging and stripping the ball against the post players of WHS. I think if the Indians do a better job of protecting the ball they win. But their is no quit in the Eagles, and if Western lets them hang around with some confidence then Eastern wins.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

western +10

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Eastern lost a heartbreaker to Western in the Holiday Tourny. Had a man wide open underneathe the basket. Since the Eagles have the Indians at home I'll say Eastern by 5. Should be a close game all the way to the wire. I look for a packed house as usual with these two teams. Will probably have to open up the mezzine(sp?) again. Get their early if you wanna get a seat.

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

I will take the indians by 10... They have played two really good games and won by double digits... Plus penwell has finally started showing us what he has got and if he continues to do so i think that western will win alot more games... Good luck to the indians...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

baller2408 wrote:I will take the indians by 10... They have played two really good games and won by double digits... Plus penwell has finally started showing us what he has got and if he continues to do so i think that western will win alot more games... Good luck to the indians...

That's the one thing that really scares me about this game.......Penwell playing alot better lately.They are a completely diffrent team when there getting good guard play.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

thecinderellapick wrote:sure to be a good one!! better get there early if ya wanna get a seat. probably be even more crowded with them doing that alumni thing. i always try to make it to this game every year. got to be there to see my tribe pluck them eagles!!

Do you know exactly what there doing with this alumni deal?Is it between games?Halftime?Have'nt heard much more about it other than they will be having some alumni back from both schools.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

The handouts said it is suppose to be at 6:30, but that doesn't make any sense if the JV game still starts at 6?

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Clay needs Eastern to come out on top on this one so that will put Western with one loss in the SOC!!!GOOD LUCK EAGLES

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

cbaseball33 wrote:Clay needs Eastern to come out on top on this one so that will put Western with one loss in the SOC!!!GOOD LUCK EAGLES

Better hope Clay stays focused on New Boston first and foremost as that is not going to be an easy win.NB is long overdue for a win.But it really would tighten the league standings up if the Eagles can get the win tonight.Go Eagles!!!

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Score.......?

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

Still no Score ???

Eagle Nation
Waterboy

Post by Eagle Nation »

Eastern wins by 10, 70-60 in overtime. Great night of basketball and both schools performed well. Dozens of alumni were recognized from both teams. Reserve game was one of the best in year's. Triple overtime with Eastern winning, but both teams were outstanding. Western swished a last second three in one of the overtimes and even Eastern fans had to stand up and cheer. Simply a wonderful night of basketball and both communities should be proud.

beaverlover
SE

Re: Western 60 @ Eastern 70 OT

Post by beaverlover »

Good ballgame tonight,Eastern blew a couple leads late but held on to win.Eastern now tied for first in SOC 1.

As for the JV game 3ot, and the 3 that Western hit that Eagle fans even stood up and cheered was about a 70 footer!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: Western 60 @ Eastern 70 OT

Post by Eaglesnest »

Ubelievable game by Osborne. Must have had around 30 pts.? He put on a clinic..outside, inside, and at the FT line! He definately deserves to start geting some more POY chatter!

Congrats Eagles. You don't always play smart, but nobody could ever question your HEART! Enjoy it tonight and get ready for the next one!

GO EAGLES!

Return to “Boys Basketball”