How can Oak Hill lose 2 conference games already?

highspeed
Riding the Bench

How can Oak Hill lose 2 conference games already?

Post by highspeed »

I have a question for the Oak Hill posters - How can the Oaks lose 2 conference games already this early in the season with the talent they have? Not trying to start an issue - this is just a question - they are loaded aren't they, can anyone really deny this?- What is going on? 2 losses already in the SOC. Is Minford and Valley that good or did Oak Hill just not play well?

beaverlover
SE

Re: How can Oak Hill lose 2 conference games already?

Post by beaverlover »

I think this whole conference is better than everyone thought it would be....including me.....Waverly,Valley,Burg and Minford are all better than I anticiapated.The Oaks will bounce back though,it will be an interesting 2nd half of the season.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

What's odd with the season is Oak Hill blew Waverly and Burg away. The two teams that are now in first place.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I think it comes down to matchups. Oak Hill is a big team. They are not super athletic but will pound you all game. Valley and Minford are small athletic teams that make the big boys guard you all over the court. That would be my summarization of why Oak Hill lost. In tournament, they will struggle with fast, small, athletic teams. (Worthington Christian, Southern Meigs, etc...)

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

soccerfix wrote:What's odd with the season is Oak Hill blew Waverly and Burg away. The two teams that are now in first place.

Yeah it's crazy....I watched both of the games your referring too and Oak Hill looked unbeatable........I thought the Valley loss was a blip on the radar but Minford proved that theory wrong.This sets up a good race down the stretch......These teams better not overlook Northwest or South Webster.......These 2 teams although will not have a shot at the league could play spoilers.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I thought that Oak Hill would win the SOC II rather handily before the season began......and I was wrong. They may still win it, but the conference as a whole is much better than I and some others thought.

Regulator makes a good point........the Oaks are not overly athletic and seem to have trouble with smaller, quicker teams.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

this tough schedule will help oak hill in the d4 tournament.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

the oaks can't under estimate anyone in the conference. yes they are good but you can't under estimate anyone and if they do they will love the game. which IMHO is what happen with the valley and northwest game

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Mad_Dogg wrote:the oaks can't under estimate anyone in the conference. yes they are good but you can't under estimate anyone and if they do they will love the game. which IMHO is what happen with the valley and northwest game

I am sure their coach doesn't allow them to under estimate anyone, and I would say they all "love" the game. ;-) Have they played Northwest yet? If they did, they didn't lose. They lost to Valley and Minford.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Now I have been to both the Oaks' losses and I've been told by an Oak Hill fan I'm not allowed at any more Oak Hill games.
But I don't think I'm a curse to the Oaks. I think Oak Hill's issue is consistency. They play well, very well at times, but then they play poorly at times and going into this season Oak Hill was going to get everybody best shot b/c they were "the team to beat". Now there is a whole lot of basketball left and Minford, Valley, Waverly, Burg and Oak Hill all need to be in the discussion.
But the game Friday is when the Pirates come to Waverly. The winner of that game has an inside track to the SOC II title.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I've said it on other threads that Minford is a real good team and plays quick and great "D". Also they are lacking a bigman or this team might be undefeated.

OakHillOaks
Freshman Team

Post by OakHillOaks »

Regulator wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:the oaks can't under estimate anyone in the conference. yes they are good but you can't under estimate anyone and if they do they will love the game. which IMHO is what happen with the valley and northwest game

I am sure their coach doesn't allow them to under estimate anyone, and I would say they all "love" the game. ;-) Have they played Northwest yet? If they did, they didn't lose. They lost to Valley and Minford.

Oak Hill beat Northwest, actually they beat them by a large deficit 63-42.

Then Oak Hill beats Burg by a large deficit. Then Minford beats Oak Hill. The same Minford that got beat by Burg. Then Burg and Northwest have a tight game but Burg comes out on top. It's just all non consistency. I feel the Oaks will bounce back and not lose another league game. GO OAKS!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

im with regulator... its all about matchups

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

With the talent Oak Hill has they need Tim Tebow to give an inspirational speech. Who would have thunk two losses in the first half?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

sometimes a loss can bring you back to earth and take the pressure off of winning everygame. a character builder and the bad taste it leaves can kickstart motivation :mrgreen:

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

91blue14 wrote:sometimes a loss can bring you back to earth and take the pressure off of winning everygame. a character builder and the bad taste it leaves can kickstart motivation :mrgreen:

I thought they already lost a game? :122248 :122248

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

The other team scores more points :122245

Oak Hill will be fine. It happens. The coaches will fix what needs fixing and they will be fine.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

playing bad ball.
both games they have lost, the team has played bad.
taking stupid shots, not rebounding and when rebounding not scoring

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

OakHillOaks wrote:
Regulator wrote:

Oak Hill beat Northwest, actually they beat them by a large deficit 63-42.

Then Oak Hill beats Burg by a large deficit. Then Minford beats Oak Hill. The same Minford that got beat by Burg. Then Burg and Northwest have a tight game but Burg comes out on top. It's just all non consistency. I feel the Oaks will bounce back and not lose another league game. GO OAKS!

i think he may have been referring to last years oak hill northwest game in which northwest cost oak hill a share of the title or he meant to put minford

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The SOCII is very competitive and Oak Hill does not play as well on the road as they do at home.

Return to “Boys Basketball”