Eatern Reedsville against Trimble Glouster

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Re: Eatern Reedsville against Trimble Glouster

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Finally the two coaches with probably the most nicknames in the state are squaring off. Just off the top of my head I remember koondogger, coachK, Howie, Howdy, Gilligan, Shorty, Stomper, Tomcat 15, Screamer, Smelly and there has to be more. I don't think we ever did determine which one has more aka's. Some people see this as humerous, or degrading. But I see it more as admiration. People come up with these names for many reasons, but no one can deny that the ones who do actually admire the coaches. So who will get the win? I think it all comes down to the names. :122245

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Trimble wins a close one. ;-)

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern is a tough place to play and Ill have to go with Eastern coming off of a tough loss to Federal Hocking

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

You guys still talkin bout all that stompin and screamin? How bout just coachin and playin? Maybe you win more games that way? Just play hard and stop waitin for some crazy stompin fit to win a game for ya. Thats how we won so many back in the day, but just playin hard.

Cougar Lover
Waterboy

Post by Cougar Lover »

I saw Eastern playing Waterford last year and that stomping thing just looked really childish to me. It was like a little kid pouting cause his mommy didn't do what he wanted her to do. But in that case it was the coach pouting cause the players werent doing what he wanted. I kept waiting for him to put his head down and walk stiff legged to the locker room. :lol: He would scream things to them but it just looked like they were ignoring him, so he would stomp and scream some more. They still didn't do what he told them though. It was comical and I would guess that is why they call him stomper isn't it?

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

we will stomp the stomper. :aaaaa14

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Without the big man in the game for Trimble it will equal the playing field for Eastern. Eastern plays well at home and without a size advantage it will be a good game, both teams are quick.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Im not sure if the Trimble guards can play with Eastern's guards if Eastern comes out and gets it, Pierce should have a big game with no big man from Trimble

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

Ive saw Trimble play twice. Against Southern,and against Nelsonille-York the other night,and to say trimble's guards may not be able to play with Eastern's guards, is a foolish comment

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

Lungbuster wrote:Ive saw Trimble play twice. Against Southern,and against Nelsonille-York the other night,and to say trimble's guards may not be able to play with Eastern's guards, is a foolish comment

lungbuster you got that right
Trimble wont have the tall man but they replaced him with speed.
Trimble has quick guards. They anticipate well. NY game was fast paced from start to finish.
Look for Trimble to win by 15 - all stomping aside!

I dont think coachk boys pay any attention to him. what good is the stomp anyway.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Trimble will take this one by 14......63-49.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

I think anything can happen.... If the CATS play like they did Tuesday....they should be fine. And I agree...it will be more of an equal playing field without Guthrie.

60-40

GO CATS ! :aaaaa26

walljump1
Waterboy

Post by walljump1 »

My opinion, Trimble guards are the best in the League. If Reitano and Russell play like they did against Nelsonville, Trimble will win by 10.

Go CATS!!!!

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

mt11 wrote:
classof86 wrote:Eastern is a tough place to play and Ill have to go with Eastern coming off of a tough loss to Federal Hocking

I am having KSA tattooed on my arm so Coach Bowen can remember what happened to eastern in football this year.

No time to talk, to busy gettin...

BIGER FASTER STRUNGER!
BIGER FASTER STRUNGER!
BIGER FASTER STRUNGER!
BIGER FASTER STRUNGER!
BIGER FASTER STRUNGER!

Coach Wings sez the TVC is mine in 09!

Maybe instead of hitting the gym you ought to hit the books. I can see once, but 5 times?
And the last time I checked Coach Bowen doesn't even have anything to do with Eastern Football

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

What happened to the Eastern Ball Program.
The 2001-2002 group would beat this years team by 80. It's hard to imagine how much that program has fallen.

Trimble should win by 25+

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Trimble Should win because our 2001-02 team was dominant? Yes they would kill todays team but you could say the same for pretty much any TVC team right now. The Tvc has been weaker throughout the last few years

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The Gloaming wrote:What happened to the Eastern Ball Program.
The 2001-2002 group would beat this years team by 80. It's hard to imagine how much that program has fallen.

Trimble should win by 25+

Graduation and small school syndrome.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Lungbuster wrote:Ive saw Trimble play twice. Against Southern,and against Nelsonille-York the other night,and to say trimble's guards may not be able to play with Eastern's guards, is a foolish comment

I agree as well. If the T guards show up to play, I like Trimble in this one, even without their big man......

eastern 2
Waterboy

Post by eastern 2 »

I look for this to be a great game. Trimble is down their big man so that should open the gates for eastern. Ill take eastern by 5.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

If only Eastern would run with the roundball. :idea:

Return to “Boys Basketball”