Riding the Bench

Fairland

Post by ovcfan12 »

How will they be this year? They have a very tough schedule

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fairland

Post by danicalifornia »

Stepping up to D2 will be a new challenge for them. Be prepared for them to join Unioto and Waverly in the underseeded because of their conference at the draw, catagory.

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Yes true. And fairland only made the cut to d2 by a couple boys

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

They looked good to me against my Portsmouth Trojans last Wednesday in a scrimmage..........Evan Salyers will have a big senior season, while another kid, about 6-5 and a senior, don't know his name, played really well against the Trojans.

If the Dragons can get good guard play, they will win 12-14 games this season and could be playing at the Convo in the D2 tournament.

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

They won 15 games last year. I think they will be better than last year plus when they played Portsmouth they didn't have their starting point guard so they had to play a freshman. And Wayne Evans is probaly one of the best on ball defenders in the area.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Fan1990 wrote:They won 15 games last year. I think they will be better than last year plus when they played Portsmouth they didn't have their starting point guard so they had to play a freshman. And Wayne Evans is probaly one of the best on ball defenders in the area.
They did have their starting point guard last year against Portsmouth.

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Yes that's true but I was talking about the scrimmage. I know its a scrimmage but fairland kept right with Portsmouth the whole time without their starting point guard

OH IO 07
Freshman Team

Post by OH IO 07 »

Scrimmage at Jackson
8 minute quarters

Fairland won the first, unsure of score
Fairland 8-4 in second
Fairland 16-14 in third
Jackson 15-6 in fourth
Jackson 14-12 in fifth
Fairland 16-7 in sixth

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairland won the first 14-12

In the second Jackson's top player was injured and missed the majority of the quarter.

Jackson was up about 7 when the coach cleared the bench in the 3rd.

Fairland looked to be pretty good. Nice size and a quick guard. Good luck this season.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

fhs23
Waterboy

Post by fhs23 »

fairland played all sophomores in the fourth quarter

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson was without our 6'6 center who is out for 4 more weeks and also one of our best ball handlers. We also didn't play our 7'1 guy on the bench. He hopes to be playing soon.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Ironman92 wrote:Fairland won the first 14-12

In the second Jackson's top player was injured and missed the majority of the quarter.

Fairyland looked to be pretty good. Nice size and a quick guard. Good luck this season.

92 I read one of your posts you making a big deal about Whiteoak being one word, than you get on here and call Fairland Fairyland. What a smart a$$.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great to see supporters for the Dragons of Fairland this season ... very difficult at times get information from the river and from the OVC in general at times throughout the season ...hoping that ALL of you continue to support the Dragons and keep the rest of us informed as to the happenings on the court in the OVC this season ...

... keep in mind the Basics for SEOPs superiority as a basketball sports forum :

1. We ALL "Agree to Disagree" ...
2. Support YOUR team/players/coaches with facts ...
3. Support ALL teams/players/coaches Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line
4. When reporting on games please GIVE the score #justsayin
5. ALWAYS throw in a world famous "Official/Unofficial" Napkin Stat

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Fairland won the first 14-12

Fairyland looked to be pretty good. Nice size and a quick guard. Good luck this season.

92 I read one of your posts you making a big deal about Whiteoak being one word, than you get on here and call Fairland Fairyland. What a smart a$$.
Give me a break. It's called a typing error. I've never even been to Fairland and I wouldn't type that if I did think it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This is a big deal? Whiteoak is labeled White Oak by about 1/2 of the forum and understandably so...it makes more sense as 2 words. Now go back trough my 5,000 posts and show me one time where I purposely changed anyone's school name.

Ironman92 Post subject: Re: Is anyone going to do a div. 4 southeast district rankinPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:59 pm

SEOP L

Posts: 5786 It bothers very few, but it bothers me. Whiteoak is one word. Don't be surprised if they end up better than where they are getting mentioned. Another year with a tough non-conference schedule a good coach and some talented and dedicated kids. They'll be a team to avoid come tourney time.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I92!!! I thought it was WhiteOak??? #justsayin LOL ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”