Meigs vs River Valley

mhs
Waterboy

Meigs vs River Valley

Post by mhs »

What is everyones thought on tonights game?

delta.devil
Riding the Bench

Re: Meigs vs River Valley

Post by delta.devil »

meigs played hard last night, hopefully fatigue wont be an issue...but i look for a pretty competitive game

meigs needs one, meigs by 5

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

39-37 Meigs, at halftime

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Got a final on this one?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

RV - 75

Meigs - 70

Wow, Meigs had their chances, but couldn't get it done. I think that the 5 point differential was the largest lead RV had all night. Ball management and shot selection were issues in the 4th quarter for the Mauraders.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Meigs was leading with, if I heard right, < 3 minutes to go, by 4-5 points.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

congrats to rv on the win. does anyone haev stats from this one?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

F-O-S - Your hearing is just fine. They did have a 4 point lead with about 3 1/2 minutes to go, and the wheels fell off the bus. A couple of turnovers and poor choices on shots came back to haunt Meigs.

Once again, a great job by the guys at 92.1 FM, "The Frog" on covering the game. You guys do a bang-up job!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Wow two straight losses at home for Meigs. Those refs won't be back. Not even home town refs can help Meigs. I was listening to the game and they said something was tossed on the floor and the ref was picking it up. I thought they may have still had that Eagle head, but it was just a quarter.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

River Valley 75
Meigs 70

River Valley

Kody Johnson 21
Cody Smith 17
Clayton Curnutte 13
Cody McAvena 12
Zach Deel 10
Mikhail Robinson 1

Missing 1 point so I'll give it to

Chuck Roast 1

FT 16-28 57%

Meigs

Jacob Well 19
Gabe Hill 17
Cody Laudermilt 9
Jeremy Smith 7
Jon McCarthy 6
Jesse Smith 4
Cameron Bolin 4
Calb Davis 4

FT 15-23 65%

JV Score

RV 44
Meigs 42

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Thanks Steely Dan for your positive comments and also for listening.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Hardfowl - You guys make for an enjoyable evening, when I don't have a game that I need to go watch. Keep up the good work!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

balanced scoring for rv with 5 guys in double figures...

delta.devil
Riding the Bench

Post by delta.devil »

no answer for the big fellow

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

All, I too have made comments about Meigs fans complaining about the officiating. There is a difference between the fans and the administration. The officials were from the Columbus area and they will be back next year even though Meigs lost. It is unfair for the Athens post to suggest that officials will not be back because the home team lost (I could suggest that maybe that's how things are done in the SEOAL (your in the TVC now) but that would be unfair to the administration of any SEOAL school). No one should include the administration with the fans from any school district. Fans may have issues but administration just wants a fair game called. The officials involved in this one called a fair game. Meigs lost to a team that made better adjustments down the stretch.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Ha, ha, O.K.

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

Athens78:

Just thought of this today. The officials that you made a comment about officiated earlier in the day (1:00) at Athens (girls game) if you are suggesting that they are homer officials. they must have also been homer officials about 7 hours earlier. they will be back at Meigs (even though Meigs lost). Did the Athens girls win or lose and will the officials be back?

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

athens78 wrote:Wow two straight losses at home for Meigs. Those refs won't be back. Not even home town refs can help Meigs. I was listening to the game and they said something was tossed on the floor and the ref was picking it up. I thought they may have still had that Eagle head, but it was just a quarter.

Athens78, I just checked the girls forum Athens girls lost to Eastern earlier in the day. I could take your post from above and substitute Athens for Meigs and suggest the same lack of professionalism at Athens since we are talking about the same officials.

If what you are saying is true, given Meigs record the past few years there isn't any officials left in the state of Ohio who can come to Meigs and officiate since they don't as you say allow officials to come back if they lose. In taking a look at Athens' record the past few years and once again substituting the words from your quote above Athens is running out of officials too. It seems like the homer officials can not adequately perform and insure a win for the home team. Soon both schools are going to be left with no options but give up sports altogether because we can not find enough homer officials. We might try practicing more, but that would be too difficult. Let's just hire homer officials and if they do their job well enough we will be really good at home and stink it up on the road.

Once again fans need to quit blaming officials for their teams' lack of execution. In reality AD's develop relationships with officials and have them back each year. Evidently, the officials you refer to, have developed a relationship with Meigs and Athens.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Is Chris Stout back on the sidelines yet?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Don't pay much attention to Athens girls. Meigs county is a lot different then Athens. We're going to College.
ha,ha.

Return to “Boys Basketball”