Washington County Basketball

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Washington County Basketball

Post by EasternDspy »

1.Warren-Knost,Ward,Hastie,Fivecoat,Pennell,French,Patton,Yapps....Deep bench but only time will tell how good they can be. 2.Fort Frye- Shon Smith,Zach Eddy,Kyle Schwendeman,and Chandler Lang- Played great last night vs Marietta. Eddy and Smith is the best combo of players.FF kinda small not that deep
Still best FF team since Brandt Thieman and Jarrod Arnold. 3.Marietta Nat Williams,Fitrell,Grosel,Matt Thompson,Eli Lentington,Riley, Satterfield- Deep team fast but besides Eli they have no perimeter game
4.Waterford - Tate Langs a beast 5.Frontier a year away Jefferson can ball. 6
BELPRE- New coach I'm sure he will get them on track.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Washington County Basketball

Post by EasternDspy »

1st team all County- Tyler Ward Warren Shon Smith FF Zach Eddy FF Nat Williams Mta Tate Lang Wat

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

2nd team- Leasure Bel Lenington Mta Grosel Mta Jefferson Fron Knost Warren

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Sleeper team- Patton Warren, French Warren, Lang FF, Schwendeman FF,Shriver Wat

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Don't they play in West Virginia? Are they in Ohio? LOL just kidding.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

EasternDspy, you forgot to mention Winland, Lang and Mr. Henthorn to the Warren list. And its Yabs not Yapps. Anyway thats 11 solid players. Too many horses for Fort Frye to handle again. Lets not start the BIG school/LITTLE school thing this year. Its a big money game for both schools. Good luck this year.

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Anyone know how things went tonight in the Warren - Waterford Foundation Game?

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Not sure about final score Warren by about 10...Hastie led the way for Warriors with 16...

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Warren 62
Waterford 46

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Belpre surprised me putting a solid/athletic lineup on the floor ... good size (Leasure 6-5/Therriault 6-3), ball handlers(Nestor/Hoffman/Ullman) ,can get to the rim (all of the starters), perimeter/midrange scorers (led by Nestor), good disciplined defense ... Coach Thornhills boyz played under control and disciplined even when out in transition (this coming from the Shriner's Preview Friday) ... Drew Nestor, Dakota Hoffman, Jake Ullman, Ryan Leasure, Nick Therriault showed me a solid group of starters for the Golden Eagles this season ... will be a factor in the TVC race this season <= according to the Ouija Board ...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Fort Frye owned Waterford 38-23 in the 2qt preview.Still think Waterford will be a decent 11 win team in the TVC.If I was ranking today I would go 1.Fort Frye 2.Warren 3.Marietta 4.Belpre 5.Waterford 6.Fron

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Why did you change from Warren to ff as #1 in your list?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is clicking the teams will probably split.This FF team is special.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

i can see warren/ff splitting.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

There is no way FF can compete with Warren this year....The Blue will continually pound the rock inside like they did last year with Venham....They will have no answer inside for Windland, Knost, Henthorn, Patton, and French....and the defensive pressure will keep there little guys outside and frustrated....

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Spy does this every year. Puts way too much into the preseason. Teams with shorter benches usually look better in the preseason because their starters are on the floor much longer than teams who are deeper. Warren is probably playing up to 12 guys trying to figure jv and varsity roster along with rotation. Although Fort Frye should have a really good season, Warren gets two wins vs the Fort this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Tate Lang is much better post player then Knost or Winland and they shut him down.Fort Frye has 4 shooters that excel on the perimeter.They will be hard to beat at FF.This years team is much improve from last year can Warren say the same.

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Warren can't say that, they lost a couple very good players. But that stiil doesn't make Fort Frye a better team than Warren. The good thing about this is they get to play each other, so it'll be settled on the court. Btw, I love the passion you (spy) have for Fort Frye sports. Good luck to both teams.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

underthemound wrote:Warren can't say that, they lost a couple very good players. But that stiil doesn't make Fort Frye a better team than Warren. The good thing about this is they get to play each other, so it'll be settled on the court. Btw, I love the passion you (spy) have for Fort Frye sports. Good luck to both teams.
One quick note Jeremy Fivecoat decided not to play basketball for Warren as reported earlier, I do not know the reason why but it is what it is.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Spy, Warren has a bunch of games before the FF game....if Warren struggles with FF then that is not good news as FF is no where near the best competition the Warriors will face....I suspect Warren will be battle tested by then and in great form by the end of December....you should be focusing on your early December games as well.....

Return to “Boys Basketball”