Chillicothe @ Jackson

beaverlover
SE

Chillicothe @ Jackson

Post by beaverlover »

What is the line up for tonight?Freshman game?Girls game?

bvmv4life
All Conference

Re: Chillicothe @ Jackson

Post by bvmv4life »

Boys make-up game,i'm sure freshman all the way to varsity. Girls play Wednesday as part of a double header with the boys. The boys play Portsmouth that night in a make-up game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... any updates from Apple Town tonight ???

DUSTIN FORD FAN
Waterboy

Post by DUSTIN FORD FAN »

didnt Jackson already play Portsmouth twice?

Jackson could make a run to the Convo everyone.....I can see it. Just have to beat Meigs and they know they can beat Marietta....make it happen boys

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe 86
Jackson 57 a final

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chilly is awesome.

Good game by Dobbins with 21, Newsome with 17 and Andrew Christman had 11 big points for the Ironmen.

Nothing against Warren....well coached and tenacious.....but how in the world did they beat Chilly?

Jackson lost by 29 and I though we made a lot of shots and played pretty well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I92 - what do you think about yet another Chilly vs Zanesville matchup on the DOC? ... it is beginning to look that way ... I don't think Marietta can "do" Zanesville at the 'ville tomorrow night but we will have to watch the 'puter screen for those results ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd I'll tell you this. You know I yip when you put multiple teams atop your rankings...but I'm completely fine with Chilly being a 3rd #1

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Did Chilly win the reserve game?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Yep Chillicothe won the reserve game too 51-32.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I92 - Chillicothe WILL be one of those teams that will continue to get better and better this last two weeks of the regular season ... I look for another major run into the "Survive and Advance" season ... Dawes/Knights/Smith & Co. know what needs to be done in the post season to move on ... a very dangerous team ...

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Jackson played well again tonight Chilly just a much better team. Very big tough match ups for Jackson. Once again a good performance from newsome plays way bigger than 5'10" down there banging in the paint for boards on both ends of the floor.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Just returned from the awesome facilities down at Jackson High School. Other then paying $2.00 for parking (I thought I was in Zanesville), the hospitality was great. It was good to see some co-workers and Jackson County friends down the way.

The game turned on the Cavs defense out of the gate. Cavs full court press created multiple turnovers throughout the game. However, once Chilly got up 20 or so, I thought Jackson played a very nice game. I heard it throughout the stands and I will say it myself. This is not the same Jackson team that we have seen the past year or so. Hats off to the Jackson faithful who have stood by the team. Hats off to Coach Jordan and staff for staying with these kids. And most of all hats off to the kids themselves for staying with it. Coach Jordan is obviously a hard coach to play for, but these kids did not quit. I felt last year they lost their desire to compete once they got down. Coach Jordan told me at the first game at Chilly this year the same thing happened. I did not think so, but comparing tonight to back then is night and day.

I have liked Dobbins from the moment I saw him. He knocked down some big 3-balls tonight. However, I have to give a game ball to Dylan Newsome. Though undersized, he plays like a man possessed. He has no fear and can both knock down the jumper and take it to the hole.

For the Cavs, I will say "WOW". We shot 60% plus from the field. Yes, our FT shooting woes continued (something like 4-11), but we knocked down jumpers, mid-range jumpers and layups. I know Knights had 19, but we got at least 14 from Mike Turner who had a strong game. Dawes and Smith both had to be at double figures or close. For the minutes they played, I thought it was very efficient. Gregg VanVolkingburg again played outstanding on the front of the press and with his energy play. All the players on the bench got plenty of PT and all scored tonight.

This is a good momentum game for us coming off the sluggish performance Saturday. Lets keep the big "Mo" going on Wednesday as the Trojans invade the "HAT".

And I will say this. No disrespect to Meigs as I know they beat Jackson early in the year, but if Jackson plays like they did tonight, they will beat Meigs and Marietta is going to be one nervous #1 seed. Jackson could very well end up at the Convo. If the bigs just give them enough (10 points between them and some stops inside) to compliment Newsome, Dobbins and the others, they are going to be dangerous.

GO CAVS!!!

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

[quote="hitchbone64"]Just returned from the awesome facilities down at Jackson High School. Other then paying $2.00 for parking (I thought I was in Zanesville), the hospitality was great. It was good to see some co-workers and Jackson County friends down the way."

sorry about that but we are going to paint the parking lot lines in gold :lol: :-D

Valvano4Life
Waterboy

Post by Valvano4Life »

Coach Jordan could do the painting for you lol

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Crazy Legs wrote:
hitchbone64 wrote:Just returned from the awesome facilities down at Jackson High School. Other then paying $2.00 for parking (I thought I was in Zanesville), the hospitality was great. It was good to see some co-workers and Jackson County friends down the way."

sorry about that but we are going to paint the parking lot lines in gold :lol: :-D

crazylegs,

Maybe that gold paint on the lines can help my old bad eyes see going up that hill. What a beautiful campus. Driving up and looking at the football facility is as impressive sight as we get to see down this way.

GO CAVS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”