The Double Stomp

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

The Double Stomp

Post by jiveturkey »

Last night, I attended the last ever boys game at the old gym at GAHS. In the 4th quarter, Coach Osborne used the double stomp to mitivate his troops on to the win over the hapless Jackson Ironmen. I have seen a lot of talk about Howie Caldwell and the "Stomp" on here. However, I think Coach Osborne has been a great coach for a long time and he definitely knows how to get his guys going when they need it most. Congrats to GA and last nights event. It was fun even for someone outside the community. Getting in wins at the beginning and at the end has to be pretty special for the folks in that program.

Pat
Varsity

Re: The Double Stomp

Post by Pat »

jiveturkey wrote: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:46 am Last night, I attended the last ever boys game at the old gym at GAHS. In the 4th quarter, Coach Osborne used the double stomp to mitivate his troops on to the win over the hapless Jackson Ironmen. I have seen a lot of talk about Howie Caldwell and the "Stomp" on here. However, I think Coach Osborne has been a great coach for a long time and he definitely knows how to get his guys going when they need it most. Congrats to GA and last nights event. It was fun even for someone outside the community. Getting in wins at the beginning and at the end has to be pretty special for the folks in that program.
Seems to me the refs have been ignoring the “stomp” this year. Anyone else noticing this?

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

I’ve never had to do any stomping or staring or anything like that. I just make sure the officials know before the game that I was D1 and that’s good for a lot of calls, as it should be.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Bucketz
Waterboy

Post by Bucketz »

The Triple Stomp seems to ignite them even more!

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Bucketz wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:12 am The Triple Stomp seems to ignite them even more!
Didn’t work last night. :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”