SEOPS H

Re: Manchester @ Western....2-17

Post by a_c_m »

The Indians!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

whitch ever team comes to play deffense wins.they both can score but dont always deffend to there best of ability.

shlfrog
Waterboy

Post by shlfrog »

I'll have to agree with lightle04 who ever plays Deffense and rebounds the ball is going to win this one theres no dout that both teams can score Manchester Scored over 70 points aginst North Adams which is good but you cant gave up 100 points and expect to win ball games.

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

I personally don't think that there is going to be any pressure to win this game. I'd say look to the tournament and keep your team healthy. This game means nothing.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I would be very surprised if both teams don't take this seriously. Your right on paper it means nothing, but Manchester has got wacked the last two games, and I wouldn't want to go on a three game losing skid this late in the season. Plus all the crap that has been said about the seeding. Western will want to justify it, and Manchester will be trying to prove something here. I look for it to be a good game.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I have heard many times by many different postors this year the comment "this game means nothing" or "this game is not a league game so its not important". I am just wondering when this attitude became popular. No legitimate player or coach has this kind of attitude (if they do they shoudnt be coaching). Every game is important and every game counts! Every game is a chance to improve and gain experience! Everyone talks about making a tournament run all the time but I guarantee if you go talk to the teams who routinely make long tournament runs - they arent taking off games because their not league games or because they played the night before?

Back to the game - if both teams come to play (whatever that means) I would tab Western as a 2 point favorite based on the home court advantage and the fact they have been playing better of late, where as, Manchester has been a little unpredictable lately.

The Man on the Microphone
Riding the Bench

Post by The Man on the Microphone »

I would say that the only posters saying this game means nothing are Western or SOC fans. If Manchester wins, it gives a great excuse on why a SHL team defeated a SOC team.

I agree with jimmy...you can't take games off when you're only hours from tournament time. If that's the game plan, the coach should be fired.

4thquarter
Waterboy

Post by 4thquarter »

I agree with chipwood, as a former coach why would you not take every game seriously. I think this will be a great game to watch. I think both teams will be there to get the W.

GOODLUCK INDIANS

GO BIG GREEN

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

This game will be broadcast on 100.1 WXZQ Tuesday Night

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Man on the mic,

I dont think for a minute that Coach Harrop doesnt plan and prepare for evey game with the goal of winning.

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

I agree with jimmy, every game matters and every good team wants to win, whether its league or non league... Western will want to win even though they have clenched the soc to prove that they earned the soc...

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

western by 14

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

Manchester by 6

Should be a good game.

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner008 »

Doesn't matter what game it is...teams should take every game seriously! Why doesn't it matter???I mean it's not a league game but why would a team just want to go play ball and lose they want to play and win! Every game should matter and 110% at all times!!!

I'll take Western by 5!

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner008 »

Man on the Mic- I'm from western and I agree with you! I don't understand how any of the posters would put that these games don't matter!

The Man on the Microphone
Riding the Bench

Post by The Man on the Microphone »

jimmy,

I never said that Coach Harrop would do that. I'm just commenting on some of the posters stating this game may mean nothing and assuming the coaches would attack the game in a similar fashion.

Return to “Boys Basketball”