Waterboy

Meigs Marauders 2011-2012

Post by tortilla2 »

Any thoughts?

Nickd14
Waterboy

Re: Meigs Marauders 2011-2012

Post by Nickd14 »

Last edited by Nickd14 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

I think Meigs will have a decent year, This will probably be a year that they get lots of help from their bench. There really isn't any standout players other than Jesse Smith, but the rest of the talent are all equal all the way down. How well they do will depend on turnovers, they still don'y have a true point guard that can handle the ball exceptionally well.

tortilla2
Waterboy

Post by tortilla2 »

Darrel Goff can be a great player if he can stay settled down. Meigs has a lot of depth this year. Its hard to tell that after the first scrimmage but from what Ive seen today, all 11 guys can play. Mike Davis is a tremendous play maker along with Dijaun Robinson and Dillon Boyer. Cody Mattox looks like he's been playing the post and did a great job rebounding today, and is a threat from behind the arc as well. Along with Cody Stewart, Treay Mckinney, Jared Williamson, and Jesse Smith, who was out with an injury today, Meigs should be in store for a successful season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tortilla2 wrote:Darrel Goff can be a great player if he can stay settled down. Meigs has a lot of depth this year. Its hard to tell that after the first scrimmage but from what Ive seen today, all 11 guys can play. Mike Davis is a tremendous play maker along with Dijaun Robinson and Dillon Boyer. Cody Mattox looks like he's been playing the post and did a great job rebounding today, and is a threat from behind the arc as well. Along with Cody Stewart, Treay Mckinney, Jared Williamson, and Jesse Smith, who was out with an injury today, Meigs should be in store for a successful season.
thanks for the info ... I hope you stick around and continue to post on SEOPS more ... We seem to lack information when it comes to the Marauders sometimes.

Thanks again.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Bennyball is always behind the curve. Summer access to gyms, team play, weights, blah blah blah could do wonders if there were any adults that cared enough to give their time.

d dog
Waterboy

Post by d dog »

Nickd14 wrote:Wow, i heard they have a senior gaurd, Darrel Goff, hes supposed to be SICK!!!!!!!
stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he aint got no game! Baby dady

tortilla2
Waterboy

Post by tortilla2 »

Offense needs a little work but the kid has amazing defense. Who cares if he has a kid? This is about basketball, not what he has done with is life.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Meigs will go as far as Smith takes them. They have some talent but Smith will determine how good they are

d dog
Waterboy

Post by d dog »

tortilla2 wrote:Offense needs a little work but the kid has amazing defense. Who cares if he has a kid? This is about basketball, not what he has done with is life.

he has a bad attitude and he isnt any type of a team captain only team captains they got is jesse smith and Mike Deezyyy!!!

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Any thoughts about the Warrren game Saturday night? Warren has had Meigs number the past couple of years...

d dog
Waterboy

Post by d dog »

warriorfrosh wrote:Any thoughts about the Warrren game Saturday night? Warren has had Meigs number the past couple of years...
yes meigs has improved alot in these past couple of years i think they will go pretty far this year

marauder_pride
Waterboy

Post by marauder_pride »

I think Meigs will have a good team this year, Jesse Smithw can lead them through the whole season, Mike Davis can stroke from behind the arc and Cody Mattox is a beast on the boards as well as Jared Williamson, its gonna be hard to stop them

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

marauder_pride wrote:I think Meigs will have a good team this year, Jesse Smithw can lead them through the whole season, Mike Davis can stroke from behind the arc and Cody Mattox is a beast on the boards as well as Jared Williamson, its gonna be hard to stop them
Meigs does have a good team, they just need a Coach, especially after tonights game. Smith only had about 4 or 5 points tonight, but played in foul trouble starting with 2 fouls in the first period. Goff played a very good game and Treay McKinney proved he should be a starter, played a great game tonight. Mattox had a good game tonight, not sure if him or McKinney led the team in points. Williamson played a good game for the time he was in, but didn't see the floor the whole second half.

Warren is going to run all over Meigs tomorrow. I'm afraid tonights loss really took a lot out of the boys and will be going into tomorrows game disappointed and no confidence at all, especially after losing to a team they should have beat by more than 10.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'm not sure u can sit there and say meigs should have won by more than 10

meigs_pride
Waterboy

Post by meigs_pride »

Super Trooper wrote:I'm not sure u can sit there and say meigs should have won by more than 10
You don't think meigs could have won by 10 if Smith didn't spend over half the game on the bench? Without Smith in the game the teams were equally matched, coaching lost that matchup, by not being prepaired to overcome that. When you have 2 teams that are equal, coaching is the determining factor of the win or loss.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I've thought u needed a new coach since they hired him

d dog
Waterboy

Post by d dog »

any thoughts about coach ewing?

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

d dog wrote:any thoughts about coach ewing?
Any thoughts I have of Coach Ewing would be best accompanied by the theme song from the Benny Hill show :lol:

d dog
Waterboy

Post by d dog »

yoduh u talk to much trash

Return to “Boys Basketball”