South Gallia vs. Ironton St. Joe - Wellston Sectional

Who will win?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Total votes: 0

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

South Gallia vs. Ironton St. Joe - Wellston Sectional

Post by Mercerville Monster »

This will be the first game of the Wellston Sectional. Winner advances to play Oak Hill. The teams split two games with both teams winning at home. Thoughts?

beaverlover
SE

Re: South Gallia vs. Ironton St. Joe - Wellston Sectional

Post by beaverlover »

St.Joe by 10...

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Rebels have to play better than they did last Friday!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Well I think South Gallia has the advantage that it will be played on a bigger floor this time they meet on the hardwood! I think SG pulls it out by 15 and has to face the state calliber team in O.H.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

what makes you so sure that a bigger floor gives sg a big advantage? i think the Flyers have really stepped up and are playing sound ball right now and think they will pull out a close 4 point win.

GO FLYERS!!!

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

You have to admire Brutus' confidence. After losing to St. Joe by 25 on 2/13 and losing to New Boston by 20 a night after St. Joe beat the Tigers, Brutus is predicting a 15 point win for the Rebels. If the Flyers are healthy, the Flyers win.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Any team that gets beat by 20 to New Boston might be the worst team in the whole Southeast District. I thought Green or Crooksville might be the worst teams in the Southeast District but Im not sure now.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Any team that gets beat by 20 to New Boston might be the worst team in the whole Southeast District. I thought Green or Crooksville might be the worst teams in the Southeast District but Im not sure now.

Obviously, you have not seen the Tigers play! They are a far better team than the record shows.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Game day. Looking forward to getting some sleep today then making the trip up 93 to watch the Flyers put one on the rebels of south gallia. Hope everyone has a safe trip and ..GO FLYERS!!!

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

a_c_m wrote:
jimmy chipwood wrote:Any team that gets beat by 20 to New Boston might be the worst team in the whole Southeast District. I thought Green or Crooksville might be the worst teams in the Southeast District but Im not sure now.

Obviously, you have not seen the Tigers play! They are a far better team than the record shows.

I agree that they are very competitive and lost a ton of games early by a few points. Just saying that New Boston doesnt beat anybody by 20 points - they dont lose to too many by 20 either. I like New Boston and think they beat Notre Dame again this week.

Marshall_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Marshall_Fan »

So Jimmy Chip on my shoulder..the whole point of your post was just to talk crap about South Gallia then right??? For your info...New Boston is a good team..they play hard.

5yrdpnlty
Waterboy

Post by 5yrdpnlty »

St. Joe won this one by 4. Good Job Flyers!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

What was the score?

boomerjim
Waterboy

Post by boomerjim »

Hmmmm looks like the Rebels fought back and came up short..... Great Job TOOTH you had a great learning year..........! Now you know what it takes to be the QB not only on the grass field but also on the hardwood......! You have made great strides this year on the court but you have not reached the top of the mountain yet....... You now have to work on the mental part of the game but that will come during the off-season as you mature into a senior. You have made us all proud, now its time for you to be the player you want to be.... OH by the way, BIG COUNTRY is sitting here with her 1-arm glasses on doing her crossword puzzles in the warmth of Orlando wishing she was there................................................NOT, but we did miss ya tonight. Keep your chin up, and keep working hard in the off-season I know you have the right stuff inside you but now it is time YOU REALIZE it. Keep working with the free-throw master and the SHARPIE MUSTACHE BANDIT and with their help and youre HARD WORK You will have a great yes a GREAT year next year....! SEE ya all soon, We also miss the ex-Blonde DIVA......!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Final score was Ironton St. Joe 54, South Gallia 50

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Way to go Flyers.............

Go Flyers
Waterboy

Post by Go Flyers »

Good job Flyers. Strong showing from ALL of the starting five and good minutes from Riley and Young.

Stormin Norman was on our side taking lots of notes. Let's get through Senior night and prepare for The Oaks, we know they will be prepared.

Good Job Team!

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Way to go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!! I think Harvey was still feeling the effects of being sick but he is a gamer and gutted it out. Flyers now 11-9( not bad for a #9 seed ;-) )

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

PLEASANTFLYER wrote:what makes you so sure that a bigger floor gives sg a big advantage? i think the Flyers have really stepped up and are playing sound ball right now and think they will pull out a close 4 point win.

GO FLYERS!!!

wish I could pick the lotto numbers like this/ :roll: .

Good job FLYERS! Huge game by Joe Unger with Chad still under the weather. Three starters in double figures and a fourth with 8. Total team effort. Lets get ready and get a win on senior night then we'll get ready for Norm and the boys from O.H.

GO FLYERS

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Great job Flyers! See you on thursday.

Return to “Boys Basketball”