Waterboy

2010 Belpre Eagles

Post by tvcfan1 »

thoughts????

eaglefan1
Varsity

Re: 2010 Belpre Eagles

Post by eaglefan1 »

No post play..they lose Loyland, Azar and Eaton. This team will not be good until they get another coach.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Control the remaining couple attitudes and they will be ok, otherwise worse then this year.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

They will struggle against anyone with anything resembling an inside game next year. The only big man I can think of in the entire program is Josh Campbell, while he will be a decent player next year I think, he has no varsity experience. Belpre will be VERY guard oriented next year...

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

They also have Tyler Leasure...but he needs to hit the weight room and stop fouling out, lol. I could see Belpre starting 4 guards in Tate, Slattery, Parsons, Waderker and then forward Tyler Watkins at the 5.

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Probably wont be that good. Tate, and Watkins are the only returning true scorers form 08-09. The others will have to step up

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

i think the 5 will be tate miller parsons watkins and waderker but tate and watkins will be the scorer

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

The varsity squad should look like this....

Markie Tate, Senior, 6-1 G
Channing Parsons, Senior, 5-10 G
Pat Slattery, Senior, 6-0 G
Jordan Williams, Senior, 5-11 G-F
Tyler Leasure, Senior, 6-3 C
Josh Campbell, Senior, 6-1 F
Tyler Watkins, Junior, 6-1 F
Erik Waderker, Junior, 5-9 G
Rashawn Miller, Junior, 5-11 G-F
Clay Ullman, Junior, 5-11 G
Drew Nestor, Sophomore, 5-10 G

The 12th varsity spot is up for grabs, there could be a senior or a junior come out that hasnt played in a couple years or somethin...but Belpre really needs another big man..Dakota Hoffman could get the last varsity spot if he plays good in open gyms and practice. But as you can see, not much size for the Eagles, they will guard-oriented and will probably press and run the majority of the game...at least thats what i would do...My starting 5 would be Waderker, Slattery, Tate, Miller and Watkins, with Campbell, Leasure and Parsons seeing the majority minutes off the bench.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

what they really need is jace knost. glad to have him in vincent though.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Have you guys already given up on this season? This discussion should be put on hold till THIS season is over with. Good Luck Belpre in the tourny.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

As much as i hate to say it..Jace could of helped Belpre this year and he would be, without question, the starting center for the next 3 years on varsity if he would of stayed.

jazzy
Waterboy

Post by jazzy »

As much as I hate to say it...Jace would not have helped Belpre this year! The present coach and previous coach does not and did not develop there front line players throughout their playing careers. Do not know how to use them and refuse to use them as part of the TEAM. In order to prosper in Belpre's past and present TEAM oriented basketball system, you have to be a so called guard, selfish, slacker on defense, uncoachable, create more turnovers than TEAM play, and look to your parents in the stands for there advice instead of your coaches. Oh yea, and you have to have a bad attitude!! Azar and LLoyland used properly
would have taken Belpre's TEAM to six or seven more wins. So Jace good luck at Warren and your future.
The only way Belpre could use you is if you would throw up three's from anywhere and everywhere, make
repeated turnovers, and blantenly ignore TEAM play. Jace is also a good center fielder, hitter and base runner
with roadrunnerspeeeeed!!!!!!!! What a loss for Belpre.

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

jace would of helped belpre but Rashawn Miller could of to idk what is wrong with the coaches at belpre rashawn should of been the 6th man off the bench this year after watkins injury he should of been starting

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Don't count out a team with a player like Markie Tate, a returing coach whose players buy into his system, and who plays in a league with one clear favorite (VC) and plenty of room under that for other teams.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The first couple parts of your post have my sides busting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

wow jazzy, sounds like you have some beef with some players on belpres team or some previous players.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

In my book, Rashawn Miller would be playing way ahead of Channing Parsons...Rashawn needs to be on the varsity floor, he dominated JV games, why cant the funny farm coaches see that?

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

eagle1 - I did not see very many games this year, but it takes all of 2 mins to see that C.P. & R.M are not the same type of player... Not even close! No dis-respect towards either- just different players with different strengths... Sounds like a 'funny farm fan' comparison!?!

Like comparing Eagles to Warriors - not even close! :122249

As for why someone is not playing varsity... must be a decision based on the needs for that team & the coaches' belief in whether or not that player can fulfill them!?! Just a thought!?

checkmate27
Waterboy

Post by checkmate27 »

ok folks, here's the truth about the current state of belpre basketball...a program that used to dominate. belpre has a coach currently who knows basketball and can coach the game if he had athletes who wanted to learn the game. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. i am an outside viewer of this situation. belpre has great athletes and pretty good basketball players, but if a team does not want to play within a coaches philosophy something needs to change. AND its not the coach. This is high school folks and this is not an elite program anymore, these players need to adapt to their coaches style and they will win. if any these players want to play college ball, like i have heard many of them think they have a chance to, they will have to play in a system or be gone. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. for 2010, attitudes and egos need to be left at the door and this team will have a chance to be a decent team.

as for posts on players at the JV level playing over players at the varsity level. These are two very different levels of play. Domination at JV at any school does not mean domination at the Varsity level. and i think the two players, miller and parsons, are both good players but different players, who play different roles and different styles. Hard to say one deserves PT of the other since they really don't play the same position. Athletes are athletes, but athletes are not always basketball players, which i think is a point that needs to be kept in mind.

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

im my mind i think Miller should at least been 6th man off the bench he can shoot dribble and pass his defense is decent he could of help belpre alot but dumb coaches everyone on the internet wants to know why he didnt get much varsity time

Return to “Boys Basketball”