Warren vs. Chillicothe @ the convo 3/5 8PM

Whs95fan
S

Warren vs. Chillicothe @ the convo 3/5 8PM

Post by Whs95fan »

Im hoping for an exciting game from both squads. Maybe if were lucky we'll have the same result of the last time these two teams met in Vincent. :)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Warren vs. Chillicothe @ the convo 3/5 8PM

Post by noreply66 »

These two are not the same two that played during the season

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I am hoping for the same outcome but I think Warren will have to play a perfect game to win this and Chillicothe will have to have another bad shooting night. If the Warriors can match the intensity they had in the first match up it will be a great game.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

noreply66 wrote:These two are not the same two that played during the season

I'll second that,have to give the nod to the Cav's there not playin on a small court in this game and there defense will be too much for Warren to handle.....

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

from what i've seen in the past including last year when chillicothe played marietta it seems that chillicothe always plays pretty well at the convo. chilli should play better on the big court but anything is possible.....and i would like to see a warren vs marietta rematch if they win. that can always be fun

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

should be a good one but chilli has the big arena experience and will pull away for the win

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe is 7-1 at the CONVO the last three years the only loss was to Columbus Desales in the Regional Semi's. Warren played their hearts out last game and came out on top and I congratulated you guys all over the net! It could easily be the same outcome as the last time. Chillicothe had a spurt of two losses because of tired legs,then we went to Zanesville and beat one of the best teams in the area for the SEOAL crown! That's when the CAVS woke up! Warren has been on the minds of the CAVS ever since they beat us and to be real honest with you,you guys from Warren better be extra ready because this is not the same team you guys beat! This is the tournament were the court is a little bigger that means more room for good defense and right now Chillicothe smells blood!!! Like I said earlier though anything could happen another upset or a win by the CAVS. I'll take the CAVS in this by 10-15! It might be hard to get the ball up the court this time!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

I agree Chilli isnt the same team but you can never count Warren out.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

can't count anybody out thats why they play the game

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

This game will be a battle. If the Cavs make shots and play defense like yesterday I like our chances. Warren is probably one of the scrappier teams we saw all year. I thought they beat us to the offensive boards and caught us off guard on some dribble penetration.

Key for the Cavs will be to limit the foul trouble and make some sort of outside shots. We know Warren will have 4-5 guys in the lane. If we hit like we did yesterday, (Dawes, Turner and Knights) and keep Warren honest, then the middle will open up. We have to make shots in order to advance against anyone.

Many will also mention the free throw shooting. If it is close, then it will matter, however, we have shot poorly all year. We just have to get the proper kids to the line at the proper time.

The one big key that Warren has in their favor is they have beaten the Cavs. After beating them pretty bad last year, Warren has the upper hand in the confidence factor. I am sure the coaching staff is replaying that game tape over and over. Kids that believe have a chance. Our kids will look forward to avenging the loss down at Warren, but we are going to have to fire on all cylinders to avoid another L to Warren. I look for our Seniors to step up and make a big statement.

GO CAVS!!!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

hitchbone64 wrote:This game will be a battle. If the Cavs make shots and play defense like yesterday I like our chances. Warren is probably one of the scrappier teams we saw all year. I thought they beat us to the offensive boards and caught us off guard on some dribble penetration.

Key for the Cavs will be to limit the foul trouble and make some sort of outside shots. We know Warren will have 4-5 guys in the lane. If we hit like we did yesterday, (Dawes, Turner and Knights) and keep Warren honest, then the middle will open up. We have to make shots in order to advance against anyone.

Many will also mention the free throw shooting. If it is close, then it will matter, however, we have shot poorly all year. We just have to get the proper kids to the line at the proper time.

The one big key that Warren has in their favor is they have beaten the Cavs. After beating them pretty bad last year, Warren has the upper hand in the confidence factor. I am sure the coaching staff is replaying that game tape over and over. Kids that believe have a chance. Our kids will look forward to avenging the loss down at Warren, but we are going to have to fire on all cylinders to avoid another L to Warren. I look for our Seniors to step up and make a big statement.

GO CAVS!!!

Anyone happen to know how many FT's the Cavs missed when they played earlier in the year?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

[quote="WHS95FAN Anyone happen to know how many FT's the Cavs missed when they played earlier in the year?[/quote]

WHS95FAN,

I believe we shot 11-23, but I may not be correct.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

on the topic on here from the last game chilli was listed as shooting 10-23. not a big difference but that could be wrong too. either way is was not good

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Just to double check but they will not clear the gym between games will they?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

My son heard that it is $6 to watch both games, not sure how much for one.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:My son heard that it is $6 to watch both games, not sure how much for one.

Your son is correct, one ticket is six dollars but you have access to watch both games. Awhile ago they would empty out the stands and make everyone leave and repay again.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Here is hoping that the fans of the first game follow the traditional protocol of allowing the fans of Game 2 to move down to the closer seats. IMO the fans do a great job of this. Just a few don't like to move.

I know it is beating a dead horse, but I wish OU would open up the bleacher seating for the students and/or reserved seating for the parents, etc of the individual teams. I have heard various reasons why not (safety, kids on floor, etc), but have never heard anything official.

GO CAVS!!!

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

cannot wait to go down to athens and watch this game. talk about a david and golith. warren has their spirits running high after beating the cavs once. no doubt chilli will be more ready this time and i assume running on all cylinders. as someone already mentioned i would also love to see warren vs marietta in a playoff game. but i think chilli might be a little too much for the warriors. prove me wrong warren and good luck to both teams. see you at the convo

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

I
air4ce1 wrote:cannot wait to go down to athens and watch this game. talk about a david and golith. warren has their spirits running high after beating the cavs once. no doubt chilli will be more ready this time and i assume running on all cylinders. as someone already mentioned i would also love to see warren vs marietta in a playoff game. but i think chilli might be a little too much for the warriors. prove me wrong warren and good luck to both teams. see you at the convo

I'm afraid that at the end of the David and Goliath story, it is found out that Goliath was merely unconcious. He awoke, killed David and went on to dominate all the land. lol. GO CAVS.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

gymratt wrote:I
air4ce1 wrote:cannot wait to go down to athens and watch this game. talk about a david and golith. warren has their spirits running high after beating the cavs once. no doubt chilli will be more ready this time and i assume running on all cylinders. as someone already mentioned i would also love to see warren vs marietta in a playoff game. but i think chilli might be a little too much for the warriors. prove me wrong warren and good luck to both teams. see you at the convo

I'm afraid that at the end of the David and Goliath story, it is found out that Goliath was merely unconcious. He awoke, killed David and went on to dominate all the land. lol. GO CAVS.

gymratt,

Your killing me!!!! I bet you could kill some fairy tales to! You should write a book.

GO CAVS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”