Eastern Meigs vs. Western Pike @ The Convo

gh123
JV Team

Eastern Meigs vs. Western Pike @ The Convo

Post by gh123 »

If Eastern plays to their potential, they can hang with ANYONE. They didn't have their A-game vs Beaver Eastern, but I'd say Howie will have the boys fully ready to play. Plus, I'd say Eastern wants another shot at Western after what happened last year!

Your thoughts?

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Re: Eastern Meigs vs. Western Pike @ The Convo

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Here's one for the green Eagles.

If they win, I believe they'll play Southern again. Not sure if we can beat them 3 times.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I dont know much about Western but Eastern should have won the game last year, and I know that this years Eastern team could wipe the floor with last years so Im going to have to go with Eastern

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

How you gonna say they should have lost last year?

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I've seen both teams and I'm going with Western by 20. Eastern Pike had an off night and should have wiped the floor with Meigs. Having said that good luck to both.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Woulda, coulda, shoulda....hope it doesn't come down to foul shooting for Eastern. :oops:

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Live4sport....I as much as anyone want to see the Indians from the SOC win this match up, however I do not see either team winning by 20. Both Coach Harrop and Coach Caldwell will have their boys ready to play. I look for it to be a hard fought game just as it was last year. Both teams are good ball teams who have good coaches.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

If Eastern gets beat by 20, I will be amazed. I think this ball game is going to come down to the wire...and for Eastern it depends on if they can make foul shots down the stretch..and if the three ball is dropping. But DEFINITELY no 20 point victory for either school.

And live4sports... The game against Beaver Eastern was one of two bad games I've seen Eastern Meigs play this year. Everyone has an off night shooting...if Eastern would have shot the ball like they can, the game wouldnt have been close with Beaver. BUT, they couldnt get any jumpshots to fall and they still found a way to win. Good teams with good coaches always do.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Meigs by 10.

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

This will be a great game, no 20 point margin game. I look for Meigs' press to bother Western. Meigs needs to find a way to stop Shanks and Smithson. Western cant just play in the 4th and OT and keep winning as they did lastnight, they will have to play all 4 quarters. Good luck to both teams!

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

i dont think they will b able 2 find a way to shut them both down..if u contain shanks...smithson will go off and if u contain smithson shanks will do a lot of damage.

western +5

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

It is Reedsville Eastern, not Eastern Meigs or just Meigs.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Go Get It wrote:It is Reedsville Eastern, not Eastern Meigs or just Meigs.
It is Reedsville Eastern, not Eastern Meigs or just Meigs.

Eastern and Meigs are totally two different teams.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

From reading posts it looks like Eastern will spread the floor and use their quickness on offense if they have the lead. This does not bode well for Western and their bigs and limited team quickness.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Western by 7...

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Having seen both teams play, just because Western has "bigs" doesn't mean they are not going to push the tempo when they can. Both Smithson and Shanks can run the floor. And I haven't heard anyone mention that if Penwell gets his stoke going then I don't give Reedsville/Eastern Meigs much of a chance. Completely disagree with someone's comment that Western has limited team quickness. As stated above, both Smithson and Shanks can run the floor and Penwell and the other perimeter players from Western AREN'T timed in the 40 with a sundial. I think the big floor at the Convo will be an advantage to Western dealing with full court pressure, and if Smithson and Shanks(especially) will play with the offensive aggression for 4 quarters like they did for about 8 of the 36 minutes played against Paint Valley they win going away. I look for this to be a going away win for Western or a very close win by Reedsville/Eastern Meigs.

spartacat
Freshman Team

Post by spartacat »

Good Luck to the Eastern Eagles!

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Competitor wrote:Having seen both teams play, just because Western has "bigs" doesn't mean they are not going to push the tempo when they can. Both Smithson and Shanks can run the floor. And I haven't heard anyone mention that if Penwell gets his stoke going then I don't give Reedsville/Eastern Meigs much of a chance. Completely disagree with someone's comment that Western has limited team quickness. As stated above, both Smithson and Shanks can run the floor and Penwell and the other perimeter players from Western AREN'T timed in the 40 with a sundial. I think the big floor at the Convo will be an advantage to Western dealing with full court pressure, and if Smithson and Shanks(especially) will play with the offensive aggression for 4 quarters like they did for about 8 of the 36 minutes played against Paint Valley they win going away. I look for this to be a going away win for Western or a very close win by Reedsville/Eastern Meigs.

Competitor, I dont think you know the difference between speed and quickness. Speed is what you are referring to in your post. The ability to run fast say like a 100 meter dash. Quickness is something completely different. Quickness is the ability to move short distances fast, changing directions, moving laterally, stopping/starting quickly. This is more important to a basketball player than running a 50 meter dash. Sorry, but Penwell, Wolford, and Flint are the only players that could even be considered quick and that equalls average to poor team quickness.
Last edited by jimmy chipwood on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

I'll take Howie @ the Convo.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern BIG

Return to “Boys Basketball”