Div. 4 District Games @ Convo.

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Div. 4 District Games @ Convo.

Post by BALLER1 »

I was looking at the brackets after lastnight and I couldnt help but to notice how the 4 best teams in the District are all in the top half of the bracket. Monday night at the Convo should be two great games in Div. 4. Leading off you have Fairfield and Oak Hill, after that, Manchester and Waterford.

Tuesday night, East and Southern then Western and Eastern Meigs. Hands down the 4 best teams play Monday night. It is a shame that those teams arent meeting until District Finals or first round of Regionals. The seeding is done, I just thought that was odd.

What is everyones thoughts on this and the games to be played!

Its "BASKETBALL 30"

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Re: Div. 4 District Games @ Convo.

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Have to agree with you Baller. Here are my rankings just for fun - dont get bent out of shape if you dont like it SOC people.

1. Oak Hill
2. Waterford
3. Manchester
4. Fairfield
5. Southern
6. Western
Eastern Meigs
8. East

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Eastern and Southern are way better than they you are giving them credit. I think Eastern is a darkhorse to get to the regional and Waterford will challenge Oak Hill.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

It would be a travesty to SE basketball if Eastern Meigs is representing the SE in the regionals. They are a very mediocre team that plays in a very weak league!!

FLAGMANUSA
Waterboy

Post by FLAGMANUSA »

olay135 wrote:you are giving them credit. I think Eastern is a darkhorse to get to the regional and Waterford will challenge Oak Hill.

I wouldn't count Manchester out! Waterford will have to beat them to challenge Oak Hill! And I am not sure that can happen!

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

I would have to say that Manchester and Fairfield are probably the best 2 teams out of the 4 I mean Oak Hill doesn't play anyone all year long. If they was in the SHL they would get beat by Manchester once Fairfield once North Adams twice and Peebles twice.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Hounds, have to disagree with the weak schedule comment. Oak Hill plays a fairly tough schedule being in the SOC 2. They thumped some very good teams during the year - although, I agree that they would lose a few games in the SHL just like they did in their conference.

Regulator, the TVC-Hocking is a good D4 conference! Much better than the SOC 1.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Cunningham has finally decided to start playing like a kid 6'11" in the last three weeks of the regular season. If he continues to play like he has the last couple of weeks, with his supporting cast, Manchester, and frankly, anyone else, is in trouble. The kid has finally started to play up to his potential, and if he continues, the Wildcats are going to be very difficult to stop.

You can't coach, or teach, 6'11".

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Steely Dan wrote:Cunningham has finally decided to start playing like a kid 6'11" in the last three weeks of the regular season. If he continues to play like he has the last couple of weeks, with his supporting cast, Manchester, and frankly, anyone else, is in trouble. The kid has finally started to play up to his potential, and if he continues, the Wildcats are going to be very difficult to stop.

You can't coach, or teach, 6'11".

That is true, 6'11.....one thing that could never be taught. One way to try and defend is to try and get a person that size in foul trouble if you were able too. Just glad East doesn't have to face them again this year.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Wasnt Cunningham 6'8 last year? I seriously doubt that he is 6'11 probably more like 6'8 to 6'9. Coaches at all levels should have to put the height from the team physical down on the rostor instead of just putting down what the player says they are or what the coach thinks they are. It would add some credibility/validity to team rostors. If I remember right - Cunningham isnt skinny (215+)? Manchester has 3 bigs but I think they are all pretty thin. Manchester will need a team effort to stop him.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

He was at least 6'9" last year. Have you seen him this year, jimmy? He's continued to grow, thus all of a sudden he's dunking the ball with regularity, one hand, two hands, etc.

And no, he's not skinny, he's got some frame. He's gotten much better in the last 6 weeks or so, really asserting himself. If he continues to improve, teams are going to have problems with H20Ford throughout the tournament.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Hounds, have to disagree with the weak schedule comment. Oak Hill plays a fairly tough schedule being in the SOC 2. They thumped some very good teams during the year - although, I agree that they would lose a few games in the SHL just like they did in their conference.

Regulator, the TVC-Hocking is a good D4 conference! Much better than the SOC 1.

Oak Hill has not played that tough of a schedule. Look at the SOC as a whole and you will notice there are not any left from the SOC 2 still playing. Also, look at Oak Hill's non league schedule. Not too tough there either. Only team that may have been decent is the Akron team they played in Dec. Other then that not much to write home about.
I will agree, the SOC 1 is not that good, however there are some teams still playing and I look for those teams to beat the TVC hocking teams when they play one another. Let's just agree that D4 in SE ohio, as a whole, is not very good.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Oak Hill is the best team hands down.Oak Hill is 15 pts better than every team at the Convo in D4.The only team that has a chance against the Oaks is Waterford...Reason being, Cunningham.He can change games, but I still see Oak Hill as a 12-15 pt favorite against Waterford.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

beaverlover wrote:Oak Hill is the best team hands down.Oak Hill is 15 pts better than every team at the Convo in D4.The only team that has a chance against the Oaks is Waterford...Reason being, Cunningham.He can change games, but I still see Oak Hill as a 12-15 pt favorite against Waterford.

I guess that is why we play the games. Going by your picks we would be having a all Pike meeting in the district. I know what your saying though. I too would say Oak Hill is the favorite. But anything can happen in one game. Oak Hill lost a few this year that they were favored in. That is why you got to love tournament time. As far as the brackets go, the coaches are the ones that seeded them where there at. I would think they would know more about the teams then the average fan. I will say I think Waterford are the most improved since the teams were seeded.

Return to “Boys Basketball”