Bobcats and Panthers

Bobcatbeliever
Riding the Bench

Bobcats and Panthers

Post by Bobcatbeliever »

are these the two teams to watch out for in the soc 1 next year since most of the players for both teams was sophmores?

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Re: Bobcats and Panthers

Post by Interested In All »

Who will be Greens new coach this time Has anyone applied

Bobcatbeliever
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobcatbeliever »

i was told that mike hughes wants a 2 year contract

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Not true. Green's contracts can only be one year.

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

The Green board has their own set of rules I think. Anything to the norm does not hold true for them. They will give whatever amount of years contract that they want. I think Mike Hughes has been on a life time contract at Green. He has just been on a leave of absence for a while.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Whoever they get will be better than what we had at the start of the season. Hoot is right, they have ALWAYS been 1 year contracts. I expect something may be posted after the Board meeting Monday night.

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

If the coach that a lot of the Green community wants is turned down again you will be stuck with whoever you can get because no one will apply and walk into that mess that the board created unless it is someone they can control.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

You mean the mess the previous coach created when he went into the season undermanned (by his own doing)then quit when the JV season was in jeopardy? I didn't see the board walk away from the kids. And no one interfered with him. Oh, I forgot, it was always someone else's fault. Give up some proof or be quiet. This sorry chapter is over and we have moved on. You and your family should too.

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Then don't bring up the previous coach on here and it will be over.

BuckeyeFan66
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeFan66 »

Maybe the previous coach can take his act to Minford or South Webster or how about West, I'm sure West can't wait to get him back. Maybe you can just tell us where he will go Interested.

I would be happy to see Hughes, he is the best coach around.

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

I believe Green is the only place that wants your guy. I don't think he is in Barrick, or Norms league or even Zornes when he was at Ironton. No one beating his door down to get your guy

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

I don't think he is in Barrick, or Norms league or even Zornes when he was at Ironton. No one beating his door down to get your guy

What a moron. Hughes has been retired for what, 15 years? I will put Hughes up against any of these fine coaches. 450+ wins and 4 undefeated teams at 4 different schools? And an AAU girls Nat. championship to boot. What are you, 12?

CHS Fan
Waterboy

Post by CHS Fan »

Hughes may have been retired for 15 years but he's definitely been coaching. Anyone that has been to a Chillicothe Lady Cavs game for the last 3 years knows that.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Green will be unable to land a reputable coach. For the kids, hope they get someone that will stick it out despite all of "potential" and some would say "likely" negativity from the community/parents

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Nah, no arguments here. We need a seasoned coach to put us back on the right track. If no one steps up, and Fraley still wants to coach here, he would be much better than the usual suspects. He's a good coach and will be much better with experience. He'll just have to learn on the job. I hope we find someone for a couple of years to help Fraley be a better coach. And it's not like we have an abundance of talent here right now. We're young and will take some lumps for awhile.

Return to “Boys Basketball”