Marietta vs. Chillicothe at the Convo on 3/13

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Marietta vs. Chillicothe at the Convo on 3/13

Post by backinblack »

Well...I suppose it's time to get this thread going!

Marietta handled the McClain Tigers in their last outing at the Convo...Chili came out on top against Warren. Chili beat Marietta at home earlier in the season...Warren beat Chili at Warren & almost pulled out the upset last week...Marietta beat Warren twice this year...and BOTH teams have had a great year thus far. I said all that to say, really...none of that means ANYTHING when these two teams take the floor on Friday night. It will be the story of two good teams in the SEOAL battling it out for a trip to Regionals!

I, for one, believe 100% Marietta could pull off the upset and win this game. They have improved tremendously over the course of the season and everyone who takes the floor is a contributor. TEAMwork will continue to be of utmost importance on Friday night...and you must BELIEVE!!

Good Luck to Coach J.D. Secrest and the Marietta Tigers!! :-D

mxc08
Waterboy

Re: Marietta vs. Chillicothe at the Convo on 3/13

Post by mxc08 »

Should be a good game. Im sure the tigers will be looking to avenge the last game, and something tells me that they have a very good chance of doing that. They've been playing really well lately and the team chemistry couldnt be better. Cant wait to see this one.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

i completely agree marietta is playing great team ball right now and pulling of the upset is a great possibility. it will be a tough game but i know they can do it

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

chilli by 20+

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

I personally think it will be closer than a 20 point difference,but the CAVS will prevail in this one by 5-10. The CAVS defense will give Marietta fits and I'm sure they are working on it to make sure it gives them fits. Coach K is good when he gets a week to work on things,he will have a excellent game plan. Now on the flip side of it,if the CAVS think they are going to win easy and are looking ahead to the Regionals,the CAVS will get beat. Also they can't play to the level of Marietta or they will get beat, They did that against Waverly and got beat!

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

I think it will be a close game. The refs have been calling some pretty tight fouls lately. Got to stay focused.

tabletop
Waterboy

Post by tabletop »

[quote="bitbucket"]I think it will be a close game. The refs have been calling some pretty tight fouls lately. Got to stay focused.[/quote]

I think it will be an awesome game. My vote is for the Cavs...Best of luck and refuse to lose!!!

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Chillicothe ABUSED etta at Chilli earlier this year. Chilli by as many as they want..... :12224 :12224 :mrgreen:

mxc08
Waterboy

Post by mxc08 »

Last time someone said their team would beat Marietta by as much as they want, it didnt turn out too well for them...
Last time these two teams played was a fluke..not taking away from chilli's victory, but Marietta had an awful game. Like i said earlier they are a much better team now, playing at the highest level they've been at all year. I see the offense and defense of both teams matching up pretty well on both sides of the court all game, it'll just come down to which team puts the perfect game together and makes the least mistakes down the stretch. Im not counting anyone out of this one. Good luck to both teams. And GO TIGERS. :122249

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

mxc08 wrote:Last time someone said their team would beat Marietta by as much as they want, it didnt turn out too well for them...
Last time these two teams played was a fluke..not taking away from chilli's victory, but Marietta had an awful game. Like i said earlier they are a much better team now, playing at the highest level they've been at all year. I see the offense and defense of both teams matching up pretty well on both sides of the court all game, it'll just come down to which team puts the perfect game together and makes the least mistakes down the stretch. Im not counting anyone out of this one. Good luck to both teams. And GO TIGERS. :122249

Naw I wouldn't call it a fluke I would call it DEFENSE at it's best! It was hard for Marietta to even get the ball up the court! The CAVS are known for that DEFENSE and I'm sure the CAVS have been working these last couple of days to really get it going. I'm sure Marietta has a plan to counter it,but it will be hard!!! GO CAVS!!!!!

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

The last time these two met it was i believe a 30 point blow out so is Marietta 30 point's better now......probably better but not good enuff to hang with the Cav's.It will be close for a while but the Cav's will prevail by at least 10 or better remember the Cav's seem to play a little better when there's more on the line...

ps been watching the easterndistrict play and they look weak compared to team's like Chillicothe and Logan Elm..... So Good Luck and hopefully the SEOAL will make it out of Athen's..........

crazyzilla67
Waterboy

Post by crazyzilla67 »

hey cavs fans! i really want to go to fridays game i hated missing most of the season been to ill to get out to see them play but been listening is there anyone who can give me a ride its tom sanford the tank believe me if i get to go you wont have any problem hearing me!!!! anyone who knows me knows that send me pm or an email crazyzilla67@rock.com go blue!!!! oh saw where logan bowed out first round i guess they will have to wait till football :122246 :lol: peace

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

crazyzilla67 wrote:hey cavs fans! i really want to go to fridays game i hated missing most of the season been to ill to get out to see them play but been listening is there anyone who can give me a ride its tom sanford the tank believe me if i get to go you wont have any problem hearing me!!!! anyone who knows me knows that send me pm or an email crazyzilla67@rock.com go blue!!!! oh saw where logan bowed out first round i guess they will have to wait till football :122246 :lol: peace

Good Luck Tank! We need some more support for the CAVS it's been a little weak here lately since the school is scared to give students some buses! :122246

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

This game will be close in the first half but the Cavs will pull away in the end Chilli 73 Etta 57

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Post by tropical breeze »

I know I'm not a fav with the Chillicothe posters, but here's my take on this team.
Chillicothe by a game by game standard is not a good shooting team. If a team can rebound with them(tough task) and not turn the ball over (another tough task), they have a shot to beat Chillicothe. Chillicothe is very tough to beat when their defense forces turnovers and they can get easy baskets. They are a very good rebounding team which allows them to get put back buckets that also helps their shooting woo's. "If" you happen to catch them when their shots are falling, "turn out the lights!" I think you have a group of very, very good role players that surrounds Micheal Turner who has a great deal of potential, a little inconsistent (which comes from being only a Junior), but Turner can create for others as well as his own shot. As Micheal Turner goes, usually so does Chillicothe's offense. That being said, Chillicothe really won't get tested (unless Marietta can rebound, take care of the ball, and Chillicothe can't throw it in the ocean), until the regional's.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

bronc21 wrote:chilli by 20+

I cant back you like I did in my NW prediction which we all knew was going to be a blowout of epic proportions.I know nothing about Marietta but I will agree that Chillicothe will win,how's that?

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

it shouldn't be a blowout again this time. Marietta is playing much better now and they did not play well the first time the two teams met. if marietta can play a good game this time combined with the fact they are overall a better team then they could pull of the win. they will have to play a good game but they can do it. GO TIGERS!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

tropicaYou hit it right on the nose! Have you been critical of the CAVS lately? Don't worry some fans can't take realism! I can and like I said your post was very right about the CAVS!!!l breeze wrote:I know I'm not a fav with the Chillicothe posters, but here's my take on this team.
Chillicothe by a game by game standard is not a good shooting team. If a team can rebound with them(tough task) and not turn the ball over (another tough task), they have a shot to beat Chillicothe. Chillicothe is very tough to beat when their defense forces turnovers and they can get easy baskets. They are a very good rebounding team which allows them to get put back buckets that also helps their shooting woo's. "If" you happen to catch them when their shots are falling, "turn out the lights!" I think you have a group of very, very good role players that surrounds Micheal Turner who has a great deal of potential, a little inconsistent (which comes from being only a Junior), but Turner can create for others as well as his own shot. As Micheal Turner goes, usually so does Chillicothe's offense. That being said, Chillicothe really won't get tested (unless Marietta can rebound, take care of the ball, and Chillicothe can't throw it in the ocean), until the regional's.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Cavs by 15...

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

I think Chilli "survives and advances"......everyone seems to forget that they are the State Champs. Even though they lost a bunch last year, there's something to be said for being here before.

Cavs by 8........

Good luck to both teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”